Noobs Vs Devs Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jean

Re: Noobs Vs Devs Era

Post by Jean »

Ok.
Regular User<Forum User<Forum Abuser<Forum Sith<Forum Emperor
I made the abuser just to fill in with a level 2, in order to allow Emperor to be level 4, but now that I think about it, there is a Forum Regular. Any other titles in that sense?
Regular User<Programmer Initiate<Programmer<Main Programmer<Lead Dev
...<UMC (user made content) developer<OC (official content) developer<WML Wizard
...<Translation Collaborator<Translator<Poet
...<Musician<Main Musician
I know this are very little populated species, but are there any forum titles that would best suit them? If not, any other terms more used to refer to them?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Forum User-Forum Regular-Forum Sith-Forum Emperor
Jean wrote:..<UMC (user made content) developer<OC (official content) developer<WML Wizard
Forum User-WML Pioneer-WML Wizard
Jean wrote:Regular User<Programmer Initiate<Programmer<Main Programmer<Lead Dev
Forum User-Code Contributor-Developer-Lead Developer
Jean wrote:...<Translation Collaborator<Translator<Poet
Forum User-Translator-Lord of Translations (or Lord of Wescamp)
Jean wrote:...<Musician<Main Musician
Forum User-Music Contributor-Lord of Music

Granted, you could switch out any of the level 1 forum users for those lines with an appropriate sounding name for that line. Musician-Music Contributor, Linguist-Translator, Programmer-Code Contributor, etc. Even those are seemingly more important real life responsibilities, the units you have are in relation of contributions to Wesnoth, so it serves to highlight their areas of interest.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Jean

Post by Jean »

Regular User<Musician<Music Contributor<Lord of Music
...<Linguist<Translator<Lord of Translations
...<Programmer<Code Contributor<Developer<Lead Developer
...<?<WML Pioneer<WML Wizard
...<?<Forum Regular<Forum Sith<Forum Emperor
...<Art Contributor<Art Developer<Art Director
...<...<...<Portrait Director
the units you have are in relation of contributions to Wesnoth
Good, you are right about that, but it is also in the way they present themselves to the other users. If a Musician means a forum user that hasn't actually collaborated with music yet, but it has participated in some debate about it, or something like that, then I totally agree.

Could you feed me with something in between WML Pioneer and Regular User, and something in between Forum Regular and RU? In the first one I have simply no idea of what to put, and a level 1 WML Pioneer just doesn't sound right to me. The second one could be filled with a Forum User or Lurker (as suggested before), but it doesn't sound as much of an evolution from the Regular User.

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Regular User-WML Contributor-WML Pioneer

The only thing about putting something between Regular User and Forum Regular is that Forum Regular is the next realistic step up, as most people around that long are Forum Regulars or Contributors of some kind. ;)
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Jean

Post by Jean »

Mmm... yes, but the general opinion is that Forum Emperor should be lvl 4, as Lead Developer.
Well, another option, that I already had in mind, is making Lead Dev and Emperor as advances-from-nothing level 4 units, as Danny_California, that you could only have as a leader in a NvD Age of Legends.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

User-Forum Regular-Forum Sith-Forum Emperor would be 4 levels.
Jean

Post by Jean »

User would be a level 0
thespaceinvader
Retired Art Director

Post by thespaceinvader »

User should be level 1. Make a level 0 common to both factions called 'newbie'. Users aren't always low-level within the forums, after all...
http://thespaceinvader.co.uk | http://thespaceinvader.deviantart.com
Back to work. Current projects: Catching up on commits. Picking Meridia back up. Sprite animations, many and varied.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Indeed, a level 0 newbie that could level up into any of the above level 1s would make sense, as all people end up getting slotted into one category.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

Forum User->Forum Regular (steadfast)->Forumite (steadfast, charge)

Forum Regular: The bouncing wall and cheering rabble, a regular is part of the enviroment in every forum movement. They are stubborn to leave the herd, quick to praise good form and swift to dismiss whatever wrongness they see. They also seem to always be around and never let go.

Forumite: When a regular becomes of age, they take on specific traits that makes them intriguing. Forumites are known to appear in awkward moments, take on extraofficial matters and wholesomely wander around like a wave until there's a rock to break against. Their skill in post-and-run is unmatched, and has left many in the air after an unexpectedly bizarre blow.

Regulars evolving into OT guys and returning members.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Jean

Post by Jean »

thespaceinvader wrote:User should be level 1. Make a level 0 common to both factions called 'newbie'. Users aren't always low-level within the forums, after all...
Turuk wrote:Indeed, a level 0 newbie that could level up into any of the above level 1s would make sense, as all people end up getting slotted into one category.
Then Lead Dev would be level 5, and the newbie could become any Noob or Dev later?
Well, it's not really what I had thought about, but if you both agree, then alright.
Cuyo Quiz wrote:Forumite: When a regular becomes of age, they take on specific traits that makes them intriguing. Forumites are known to appear in awkward moments, take on extraofficial matters and wholesomely wander around like a wave until there's a rock to break against. Their skill in post-and-run is unmatched, and has left many in the air after an unexpectedly bizarre blow.
Ok, that would solve the Forum Emperor tree problem, and make it level 5.
kyi_the_bard

Post by kyi_the_bard »

I could see some great campaigns arising from this Era...

"Indy_Gamer and The Temple of Dan"

"Indy_Gamer and The Raiders of the Lost Archive"

"Indy_Gamer and The Last Great Save"

Ah, that would so epic.
Meow
Maeglin Dubh
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Maeglin Dubh »

kyi_the_bard wrote:I could see some great campaigns arising from this Era...

"Indy_Gamer and The Temple of Dan"

"Indy_Gamer and The Raiders of the Lost Archive"

"Indy_Gamer and The Last Great Save"

Ah, that would so epic.
Indy_Gamer and the California Skull
Cuyo Quiz wrote:I really should push for Temuchin's brainstorming with all my might someday, when the skies are cloudy, the winds dance and the light is free to roam over the soil along the fog.
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

Indy gamer and the Return of the Lurker?

This looks cool, I'll have to check it out.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
sur.nhm

Post by sur.nhm »

wonderful ideas!
n00b unit:
The Newb translator
lv 1
this newb has started to translate wesnoth into a god-forgotten langauge, but isn't profiecnt with PO and the such.
should be heavy-infantry style ( few [relatively] high damage Atks, high resists, &c ).
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.