War of Chaos Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Gena

Re: War of Chaos Era

Post by Gena »

ok i just installed the 1.4.6 version and i deleted the war of chaos from my wesnoth folder and downloaded it again and it works now that i see it great work but tell me why is it that all units cost 10 gold to recruit and they are all lvl2 and there are only 3 of them?
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

they are generals (there should be four) you can only recruit one general, then the default recruit list becomes available.
iBaLkiD

Post by iBaLkiD »

Hope your still working on this most excellent era and that real life has you busy. Its one of my favorite ways to play the game. The unit art is really nice as well. I really like the direction you have taken this era since its inception.

Kudos.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

haven't done work in a while, honestly the only ideas I have for the Era require a fair amount of work and I don't have the energy.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

upcoming changes

most of these changes will take a long time to work on, but here is whats coming so far

-some sort of undetermined changes to the Generals system, as well as modifications to the generals themselves

-more idle animations

-graphics improvements

-a campaign for every race (looking for people willing to work with me to make campaigns, as I don't really have time)
iBaLkiD

Post by iBaLkiD »

Awesome, glad your at least planning some new content. Id like to help but i am insanely busy at present. I can help when things settle down for me
(i am deving a game for the iphone and ipod touch and am in the thick of it at the moment) My skills are mostly graphics and animation and it seems you have that covered in spades but i guess i can help with whatever i would be able to do.

Maybe a post/request in the campaign section of the forums would help recruit some more skilled campaign types/persons. I think people would respond as you already have a history of completing aspired projects, large ones at that. Hit me up with a private message or respond here, i will keep an eye out.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Hi, I would be glad to help. I am a decent coder but am not so good at making graphics. And will be happy to help with anything as long as you are willing to do it all and not just stop in the middle and forget about it. I like this era a lot but think it needs mpre than 2 leaders for each race
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Hi,
I am planning to use and modify some of units, which are elvenassassin/nightwalker and disfuser as heros, from Elvish_Elite in my campaign which is not published on add-on, yet for 1.4.x. May I use them?
Thank you for providing a lot of factions.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

thanks for your interest, I will contact you both when I get organized xD

yes, I am planning on building up more leaders for each race to, leaders are still going to be getting a lot of tweaking and experimenting.

and yes, feel free to use/modify any units in my era, however I would appreciate a brief reference in your credits/info or w/e =)
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

cool, I can't wait to here some of your ideas

Edit: I downloaded your era on 1.5.8 and it didn't work. Most or all of the units were unknown. All I know is that all the leaders are unknown units which mean there must be one important thing wrong to cause this. I will see if i can find this, or it might just be me but we will see
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
iBaLkiD

Post by iBaLkiD »

Works fine in 1.4.7. I haven't tried it in 1.5.8, there are a lot of changes in the under workings of the game so it makes sense that the faction wouldnt work properly if it wasnt adjusted to new requirements of the dev version. These are all assumptions on my part of course!
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Well I will see if I can find the problem in ix it in about 40 minutes
Creator of Ageless Era
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

the developmental version was released back before 1.5.x, its really old and probably not really worth playing. I'm not surprised it doesn't work either, like I said, very old version.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Madnessbane wrote: yes, feel free to use/modify any units in my era, however I would appreciate a brief reference in your credits/info or w/e =)
Thanks for acceptance. Are you planning to upload elvenassassin/nightwalker and disfuser to 1.5.x?
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

after I complete my goal list yes.

so far it is (in order)

-many graphical alterations

-three more leaders added to each faction

-undecided changes to generals

-addition of two new factions (one neutral, one lawful)

-a campaign for each faction (although I will probably upload to dev version before doing campaigns)