War of Chaos Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Madnessbane

Re: War of Chaos Era

Post by Madnessbane »

I like the way the game can turn around but it could get too much.

I just finished making the levels straightforward and reducing exp requirements for higher levels, and reducing higher levels damage. After testing/balancing and probably some exp increases Ill upload it :o hope you guys give it a try again, always feel free to post suggestions in this thread or email me (my email is in the information document)
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

I just uploaded a modified version with normal leveling. There are likely a few balancing issues with this version, and I would appreciate it if anyone who encounters one would email me or reply to this thread, cheers.
LizardFolk

Post by LizardFolk »

Have a problem with lvl Grim Spawn Master. The game said it doesn't exist and just close.Please help. The era is great battles and fun moments.Thanks alot :D
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

problem fixed, uploading update now, thanks for playing =)
Menos

Post by Menos »

A couple of era's in the vein of the previous error poster, it was the third level of the... little goblin thing in the afflicted, don't remember the name sorry, that set it off. and the level up from noble paladin also did it, but only after killing two units, not one. Pretty wierd.

A good era though, just have some things to patch up, keep it up.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

both these problems are now fixed, I messed up fixing the first problem, but now they should both work, thanks =)
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

I'm uploading version 0.2.5 as we speak

this version has several significant bug fixes, as well as several significant balancing fixes.

anyone who can still recruit the leviathan leader I strongly suggest you get this version.

The elves "refined" leveling path has been altered to begin at level one:
Advantages of going refined:
-slightly higher hp
-slightly higher total damage
-more leveling paths available
Disadvantages:
-exp requirements about 40%-60% higher
-the exp requirements are higher than the stat bonuses

at the moment going refined isn't really worth it, however soon I will release level fours that can only be obtained through the refined leveling path.

Naturals are overall a fair bit better
Geneticists are overall a fair bit weaker
Leviathans are overall a tiny bit better
(update log for more detailed information)

I'm currently working on a set of higher leveled units for each race, I've done the afflicted and half the elf images, but I wont be releasing them until I have every new unit for each race done, mostly because I want to keep it balanced, and because once I add in every unit there will probably be many other factors in the era that need to be rebalanced.
This probably wont be done for some time, as my exams are coming up soon.

So yeah, version 0.2.5 is an important update, get it, and for those of you who tried the game before version 0.2.0 and didn't like it, give it another go, its a lot more structured, balanced, and makes a lot more sense, as well as having better graphics and overall playability.
Jyuukenbu

Post by Jyuukenbu »

Great! I love the new changes =D
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

the next five level 4 elves are uploaded now, as well as a few minor graphics tweaks.
Jyuukenbu

Post by Jyuukenbu »

I'm really liking this Era so far with the new updates :D

Also, should the Generals of the Divine Order faction receive a better trait than "General?" They already have the Loyalty trait so the only bonus they receive is the immunity to status effects, which means that regular recruits that start out with Loyalty+Immune are at the same advantage as the Generals' traits.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

all generals have to have the trait general, to make sure each team has the same advantage with generals. Also the divines all get loyalty. I cant give them three traits because no other teams generals have three, some other teams also have forced traits, like the afflicted and elves. At the moment I'm doing other things, but down the line at some point I will be modifying generals, hopefully when I do that it will fix the issue.
Gena

Post by Gena »

:cry: i have a problem with the era once i downloaded it i tried to play it but it said there arent any facions in the era or something and on faction selection screen i could find anything except for random :(
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

thats odd, try downloading again when I release the new version.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

0.3 BETA released. Heaps of changes have been made, I must admit, much of it was rushed. May be a fair few bugs or imbalances. Please if you find any, send me a message here or email me at Madnessbane@gmail.com

or just leave comments here, thanks.

-lord maggot munch
Jyuukenbu

Post by Jyuukenbu »

The Re-Animated Vile Spreader doesn't have a standing or moving icon; however, when it attacks, it becomes visible. That's really the only "stand-out" thing I've noticed so far in this build, haha. I never came across any bugs since the last update, by the way, so yeah, nicely done :]

Wonderful job on the new attack icons and unit graphics like idle animations. They're extremely great to look at after the old default icons. You really did some splendid work, man.