War of Chaos Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

iBaLkiD

Re: War of Chaos Era

Post by iBaLkiD »

They look killer. I know you slowly add more and more detail so i think for not even being released yet the new faction looks awesome.

I dont know really how to rate them in play though. At times they seem unstoppable, other times it seems as if you can just walk right through them. Maybe i just dont know how to play with/against them well enough yet.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

honestly I have really only played them once. They have far different movement and evade bonuses to most races though, which could be part of the problem. Hopefully I will iron out the problems before I officially add them.
iBaLkiD

Post by iBaLkiD »

Been busy so i have not really been able to play much and i just ran some afflicted games and noticed the changes you made which i rather like. Seems you have to use the Afflicted with a little more tact then previously. So far so good.
Sagez2

Post by Sagez2 »

How is the progress going? Keep it up :D
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

slow, but sure
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

I've almost finished the images for the 2nd new team. The cavedwellers and mountainfolk are almost ready for release. Unfortunately I think at this stage the cavedwellers are graphically the least appealing team so far, however on the up side I think that the mountainfolk may be my best effort so far.
Juan-

Post by Juan- »

Is good to hear you are continuing the work, cause i love this era, is one of my favorites, i dont know why the most of the people doesnt play with this in the server.

Lets hope youy work can be easy for you.
Mnewton1 code acolite...
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

the coding is about half done at this point, all the animations are done. I expect the code to be finished in about four hours, then anywhere between one and three days for testing, and 0.5 BETA will be available.

uploading BETA right now. Please post any bugs imbalances or missing frames here.

I'm begining to loathe some of the early images I did, (mostly the elves, naturals, and some divines). Because of this I'm going to delay work on campaigns untill I'm convinced most of my images are up to scratch.
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

Several of your weapon specials do not have an inactive descriptions so you cannot put your mouse over it to see what is does.
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

fixed and will be added to the next update
Soilmate

Post by Soilmate »

I hope this will be on the 1.7 server soon.
Probably my favorite era to play =]
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

uploading now to 1.7
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

progress update

I'm currently working on improving unit images, adding gender variations, and a ninth and final faction. After this final faction I'm going to make a campaign based around them.
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

war of chaos uploading to 1.7
Madnessbane

Post by Madnessbane »

I have decided that I have reached a dead end with War of Chaos. There are too many images I don't like, and it takes too much effort to touch them up. And too many balancing issues that are becoming an extreme hassle to fix up. Because of this I have copied all of my WOC into a new folder, and started work on Lands of Corruption. I will simply be going through every single unit and redrawing/re-coding all those I like, and deleting those I do not. I will also be adding new units most likely, and possibly changing leaders to have more variety. I believe I will keep generals, but perhaps make some sort of twist or difference with them. I will be attempting to reduce the amount of abilities, and damage units do as well, as I believe this creates some of the balancing difficulties. As to when this will be up? A long time. So far I am half way through the images of one unit (I just started on LOC). I will not be loading up the first one until I have redone every unit (images, names, balancing) and conducted testing/debugging. I also believe I will be adding a completely new team. Essentially I will be using WOC units/teams as a framework for a new Era. So it will not just be an extensive update, essentially it will be a new Era with a similar concept. SO, any suggestions anyone has, new features/abilities or features that you dislike and want gone, or features you love and want to remain would be appreciated and seriously considered. Thank you.