Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Leendert

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.2

Post by Leendert »

I downloaded and saved it but cannot find the file to replace.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Are you in the add-ons folder right now or not? (I kind of need this information)
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

Yess, it worked, can take MU as leader now.

Thanks Forrest!!!

Was looking for it in program files, could not find it there. Found it like you said in documensts/my games...
Last edited by Konrad2 on June 7th, 2019, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Doublepost
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Leendert wrote: June 7th, 2019, 11:51 am Yess, it worked, can take MU as leader now.

Thanks Forrest!!!
You're welcome! Have fun.
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hi, I will post another not that long EoMa balance feedback,fixing not that large issues unlike in previous ocations because most was already done... just that some things needs testing like Destroyer's gates and some more things.

On that list, contains some propossals to improve the balance to certain units.
Spoiler:
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Hello IPS and thank you for the new portion of great feedback! :) I agree to all these proposals - they address some of the issues I observed myself. Expect the patch to be ready this week ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

Well, this is another list of recommended changes, which turned longer than I've expected, so instead of just sending it to inferno8 because the list was too short to be considered worth a posting here, now I think it wouldn't be that bad idea because the list is now somewhat larger.

Some content of here is already familiat to Inferno8, while other suggerences are newer.
Spoiler:
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
galegosimpatico

Post by galegosimpatico »

Can't check this forum thread more frequently than every several months. If maintainer wanted updated spanish (can make galician too) translations from me, for either EoMa or TLU, please ask me directly galegosimpatico (account uprego) at Freenode or galegosimpatico#1500 at Discord, where I check at least almost every week in both. Cheers.
Last edited by galegosimpatico on August 23rd, 2019, 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IPS

Post by IPS »

galegosimpatico wrote: August 18th, 2019, 1:46 pm Can't check this forum post more frequently than every several months. If maintainer wanted updated spanish (can make galician too) translations from me, for either EoMa or TLU, please ask me directly galegosimpatico (account uprego) at Freenode or galegosimpatico#1500 at Discord, where I check at least almost every week in both. Cheers.
In any case I can do that as well, my native language is spanish :D
MathBrush

Post by MathBrush »

I enjoyed the Cyclops Goliath in the campaign and was rather disappointed in a lack of unit description.

I wrote a potential one:

"Although rare, Cyclops Goliaths are powerful enough that their names are passed down from generation to generation. One legend speaks of a Goliath named Braxnor who became irritated by the shadow cast by a mountain. He uprooted a nearby tree and stalked up the mountainside. Nearby goblins heard crashing like thunder all that day and night. When the next day dawned, the mountain had been riven in half, and Braxnor enjoyed an early sunrise with his usual breakfast of raw grizzly bear."

You don't have to use it, but I thought I'd throw it out there!
Drake Campaign: A Fiery Birth | Knalgan Alliance Campaign: Drunkards, Dwarves, and Doubloons | Dunefolk Campaign: Asheviere's Shadow | Northeners Campaign: Goblin's Glory | Undead Campaign: Shakespeare's Ghost | Rebels Campaign: Santa Must Die
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

MathBrush wrote: August 28th, 2019, 3:08 am I enjoyed the Cyclops Goliath in the campaign and was rather disappointed in a lack of unit description.

I wrote a potential one:
Hello MattBrush,
I like this new description a lot! :D It fits the style of the rest of descriptions for Barbarians, so I am pretty sure it will be included in the next release. Thank you! :)
IPS wrote: August 18th, 2019, 2:46 pm
galegosimpatico wrote: August 18th, 2019, 1:46 pm Can't check this forum post more frequently than every several months. If maintainer wanted updated spanish (can make galician too) translations from me, for either EoMa or TLU, please ask me directly galegosimpatico (account uprego) at Freenode or galegosimpatico#1500 at Discord, where I check at least almost every week in both. Cheers.
In any case I can do that as well, my native language is spanish :D
If you ever need something from me that can help in your translation efforts, just send me a PM. There may be some missing strings from the current .po file, but this is caused by WesPo having trouble extracting all lines of translatable text and that's why some manual time-consuming measures need to be taken to obtain a 100% raw .po file. This is on my TODO list and such a complete raw translation file will be ready somewhere in the near future. Nevertheless you can start translating the current limited .po file now as translations can be easily updated later by using PoEdit.
Creator of Era of Magic

inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Era of Magic is now available for the Battle for Wesnoth 1.15.1.

Please note that 1.15.1 is the development version of Wesnoth, so "it is geared towards veteran players and content creators who wish to try out the latest additions to the game. Updates are not guaranteed to be stable and may include game-breaking changes".

The EoMa has been ported to 1.15.1 directly from 1.14.x which means it may be unstable/buggy. If you encounter anything unusual, report it please, so all issues can be fixed in time before the final BfW 1.16 stable release is ready. ;)
Creator of Era of Magic

galegosimpatico

Post by galegosimpatico »

inferno8 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 5:54 pm [...]

[...]. Nevertheless you can start translating the current limited .po file now as translations can be easily updated later by using PoEdit.
No Sir<!-- gender effectively checked -->. If I am right, there's no raw PO later than current Spanish MO. At "github/inferno8/wesnoth-Era_of_Magic".

If that's not the current master master anymore, please write that so in the README.md doc.

I'd be providing EoMa updated docs as soon as discovered and until some official translator would displace me.

I don't know where TLU PO is public. That's an important reason I won't be translating it any time soon.

Some of the messages were moved here by some operator.

Cheers,
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

1.15.2 removed MENU_IMG_TXT. I will fix it for EoMa too.

Committed.
Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

Bug report! Era of Magic does not work on my Mac in Wesnoth 1.15.2. Instead, I get the following error message:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-21 at 10.50.09 AM.png