Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

inferno8
Art Contributor

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.2

Post by inferno8 »

Thank you for reporting. ForestDragon figured out a fix for this issue. Expect the patch this week :)

By the way, the Era of Magic has a new maintainer - Ravana! :D He is already the maintainer of Ageless, an active BfW forum user and Github collaborator. I hope our cooperation will ensure the high quality of EoMa as well as make it even more enjoyable! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

Hi, I'm submitting a quick EoMa review. This part contains known errors with Hard landing and furious death events in very specific cases and leader pick balancing. Apart of buffing very unused units and nerfing few cases of units that are seen more often than intended.

Decreasing the advantages of picking units with better self sustain for leader options.
Attachments
for EoMa 2.3.txt
(9.25 KiB) Downloaded 650 times
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
galegosimpatico

Post by galegosimpatico »

I think there are a number of strings that have changed while the root portable object doc has remained the same.

If you update it, I'm happy to provide you an updated translation, also amending some mistakes.
Fardeil
Translator

Post by Fardeil »

Hello. There seems to be an error in growing fury of cyclops. It's written +3 on first level and actually it's +2. The same with upgraded versions. Can you please fix it? It's somewhat confusing.
Kylix

Re: To Lands Unknown 3.1.2 - a new gameplay mode!

Post by Kylix »

inferno8 wrote: October 1st, 2010, 8:48 pm
tlu-banner.jpg
Hello, I am inferno8 and some of you may know me as the creator of the Era of Magic.

This thread is about my campaign called 'To Lands Unknown'.

I started working on it 11 months ago. I have discovered how to make multi-hex landscape maps (or whatever you can call that :P ) and I decided to use this feature in the campaign. I am proud to say this is the first add-on with such a thing. Since the 1.7.0 release almost all maps are 3D rendered. Since the 2.0 release the story has been greatly improved and the "movies" feature has been added.

(note: you need the latest version of Era of Magic and separate add-ons: To Lands Unknown Images and To Lands Unknown Cutscenes to play the campaign)

Feel free to comment on my campaign here.
Nice campaign, but you made a great mess: there are already many Weapon Special (backstab, berserk, charge, drains, first strike, magical, marksman, plague, poison, slows, and swarm), I don't understand why have you put so many others of them. If I were you, I wouldn't have put other special attacks which affect the chance of hitting someone. Then, I'd remove the magical trait in order to replace it with the elemental one. After all, magical units are based on energy, just like the Mudcrawler lineage and the Fire Ghost. I'd leave these Weapon Specials: anti-shield and banish, while, for the abilities, I'd leave the Summoners' ones and the dark aura as well, since there's already the illuminates one in the main game. And be careful, you put the fearless trait to neutral units, while it should be put only on lawful, chaotic and liminal units. Then, I recommend you to put the main game's units among the races in your campaign (f.e. Chocobone for the Undead) and to rename Al-Kamija people as Summoners, in order to avoid confusion with normal Humans.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

I'll answer this feedback as a inferno8's contributor:
Kylix wrote: September 30th, 2018, 9:08 amNice campaign, but you made a great mess: there are already many Weapon Special (backstab, berserk, charge, drains, first strike, magical, marksman, plague, poison, slows, and swarm), I don't understand why have you put so many others of them. If I were you, I wouldn't have put other special attacks which affect the chance of hitting someone. Then, I'd remove the magical trait in order to replace it with the elemental one. After all, magical units are based on energy, just like the Mudcrawler lineage and the Fire Ghost. I'd leave these Weapon Specials: anti-shield and banish, while, for the abilities, I'd leave the Summoners' ones and the dark aura as well, since there's already the illuminates one in the main game.
All these things are specific to the era required for the campaign, and not the campaign itself. This part of the feedback would fit better in the Era of Magic thread.
Kylix wrote: September 30th, 2018, 9:08 amAnd be careful, you put the fearless trait to neutral units, while it should be put only on lawful, chaotic and liminal units.
While it does seem out of place, this design choice is fully intentional, as the awe ability was designed not to work on fearless units.
Kylix wrote: September 30th, 2018, 9:08 amThen, I recommend you to put the main game's units among the races in your campaign (f.e. Chocobone for the Undead)
Since the campaign is meant to take place in a different setting from that of mainline campaigns, most mainline units would be seem rather out of place. However, a few are, in fact, used in the campaign, such as bats, scorpions and spiders in Ka-Gatta.
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Kylix wrote: September 30th, 2018, 9:08 am
inferno8 wrote: October 1st, 2010, 8:48 pm
tlu-banner.jpg
Hello, I am inferno8 and some of you may know me as the creator of the Era of Magic.

This thread is about my campaign called 'To Lands Unknown'.

I started working on it 11 months ago. I have discovered how to make multi-hex landscape maps (or whatever you can call that :P ) and I decided to use this feature in the campaign. I am proud to say this is the first add-on with such a thing. Since the 1.7.0 release almost all maps are 3D rendered. Since the 2.0 release the story has been greatly improved and the "movies" feature has been added.

(note: you need the latest version of Era of Magic and separate add-ons: To Lands Unknown Images and To Lands Unknown Cutscenes to play the campaign)

Feel free to comment on my campaign here.
Nice campaign, but you made a great mess: there are already many Weapon Special (backstab, berserk, charge, drains, first strike, magical, marksman, plague, poison, slows, and swarm), I don't understand why have you put so many others of them. If I were you, I wouldn't have put other special attacks which affect the chance of hitting someone. Then, I'd remove the magical trait in order to replace it with the elemental one. After all, magical units are based on energy, just like the Mudcrawler lineage and the Fire Ghost. I'd leave these Weapon Specials: anti-shield and banish, while, for the abilities, I'd leave the Summoners' ones and the dark aura as well, since there's already the illuminates one in the main game. And be careful, you put the fearless trait to neutral units, while it should be put only on lawful, chaotic and liminal units. Then, I recommend you to put the main game's units among the races in your campaign (f.e. Chocobone for the Undead) and to rename Al-Kamija people as Summoners, in order to avoid confusion with normal Humans.
I correct myself: the main races (goblins, mechanical, monsters, dwarves, undead, bats, saurians, trolls and humans) should have these abilities: nightstalk, leadership, cures, steadfast, heals +4, +8, illuminates, ambush, submerge, skirmisher, feeding, concealment, regenerates and teleport, while the created ones (cyclops, magical, rocs, salamanders, tharis and summoners) should have these ones too: regenerates +2, +4, +6, +12, furious death 15, 21, summon, circle of susceptibility, resistance, banishment, ultimate circle, spawns gates, soul catcher, fiery glow, heat aura 10%, 20%, water, damage aura 8, 16, heal undead 5, 8, swamp ambush, water ambush, awe 1, hit and run +2, +3, nocturnal regeneration +5, +8, dark aura, magic absorber and cold aura. While, for the Weapons Specials, I should leave these ones to the main races: drains, backstab, first strike, charge, marksman, plague, berserk, magical, slows, swarm and poison, and also these to the created ones: growing fury +2, +3, +4, precision, cleave 40%, 50%, 66%, double attack, always hits, anti-shield, banish, defend-only, skilled, all around, no counter-attack and random area effect. Then, put all the main game's units in your campaign (obvoiusly not the ones belonging to races absent in your campaign), since it's a Wesnoth add-on, even if it's set in another world.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

What's your reason for wanting mainline units in this campaign and how would you explain their existence lore-wise?
While I'm at it, what's your reason for those ability/weapon special suggestions?
I do not believe that
Kylix wrote: October 11th, 2018, 9:02 am since it's a Wesnoth add-on, even if it's set in another world.
is going to cut it as a reason, I even doubt it can be regarded as a reason at all.
Kylix

Post by Kylix »

Konrad2 wrote: October 11th, 2018, 2:31 pm What's your reason for wanting mainline units in this campaign and how would you explain their existence lore-wise?
While I'm at it, what's your reason for those ability/weapon special suggestions?
I do not believe that
Kylix wrote: October 11th, 2018, 9:02 am since it's a Wesnoth add-on, even if it's set in another world.
is going to cut it as a reason, I even doubt it can be regarded as a reason at all.
Humans could be added both in the Sky Kingdom and in the Kharos faction; goblins, orcs and trolls could be added in the Barbarians; saurians could be part of the Dark Blood Alliance; dwarves would be part of the Runemasters; bats (the only Wesnoth units who are present) and undead should be part of the Destroyers. Then, for the abilities and W.S. I suggest to maintain only these ones because inferno8 has put too much of them. It's a mess.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Not having to deal with core units is important reason why eras are used. Ageless version at least will not have core units in EoMa factions while I maintain it.

Since your complaints are about EoMa, I moved the discussion here.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

I love this age may have some campaigns from this age? i'm hope
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Dargon wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 9:58 am I love this age may have some campaigns from this age? i'm hope
Well, there is a campaign called To Lands Unknown if you're looking for a campaign with EoMa units.
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

The one with only three encounters? And at the end of the wizard becomes the master of the elements level 10
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Dargon wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 10:06 am The one with only three encounters? And at the end of the wizard becomes the master of the elements level 10
Could you explain a bit more in detail, or at least show a screenshot of the campaign you are talking about? I'm not sure if what you are describing is TLU or not. TLU has more encounters, and definitely no lvl10 units :hmm:
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

It will take some time because my previous reservation system has been deleted but I will finish it at maximum speed