Era of Magic (EoMa) 4.6.2 - now on Ko-fi!

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dargon

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.2

Post by Dargon »

Oh I'm sorry I got confused between the campaigns
Dargon

Post by Dargon »

There is a situation that will work on the reign of lords for an era of magic - that means level 4-5
Aldarisvet
Translator

Post by Aldarisvet »

Hi, inferno8!

As you remember, I am using your Destroyers faction in my campaign, in Chapter III of it.
Also I am using level4 units as enemy leaders there. Mostly Abbaddons are good to be leaders because they are very hard to be killed because of high resistances. I do not use special things like awe and others. In general I use simplified variation of your units, I edit unit files.

My question is about lvl4 Cyclop - Fallen Cyclops King.
It is a relatively new unit. What I found is that it's laser attack aimed wrong. I think it is because the unit image is really big and his eye is shifted to the right greatly. So when he attacks ordinary lvl1 unit his laser beam hits somewhere outside the target. Do you know about this problem?
facebook.com/wesnothian/ - everyday something new about Wesnoth
My campaign:A Whim of Fate, also see it's prequel Zombies:Introduction
Art thread:Mostly frankenstains
inferno8
Art Contributor

Post by inferno8 »

Hello, Aldarisvet! :)
Aldarisvet wrote: February 14th, 2019, 2:17 pm My question is about lvl4 Cyclop - Fallen Cyclops King.
It is a relatively new unit. What I found is that it's laser attack aimed wrong. I think it is because the unit image is really big and his eye is shifted to the right greatly. So when he attacks ordinary lvl1 unit his laser beam hits somewhere outside the target. Do you know about this problem?
Yes, this is because the Fallen Cyclops King uses a generic 'destroyer laser' animation with custom offset to match its eye location. This offset causes the laser to visually miss small units. The only workaround for this in my opinion is to make a unique laser animation for the unit in question (or add an explosion so it feels like a target was hit). This is something I am planning in the future.

Thanks for pointing that out and good luck with your projects! ;)
Creator of Era of Magic
Creator of To Lands Unknown

Support me on Ko-fi! https://ko-fi.com/inferno8
IPS

Post by IPS »

wow I have a really long time not viewing the progress of this era and many others, might get noticed of more recent changes.
Creator of: Deathmatch new in 1.12 server.
Co-creator of: Era of Magic in 1.16 server
Developer of: Empires in 1.12 server, Ageless Era in 1.10 to 1.16 servers (but innactive recently)
Try My winning Orocia Guide
ADW

Post by ADW »

I dowloaded EoMa but I can't use its units in the map editor.
Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

After a way too long Wesbreak, I have returned! Here is an updated and overhauled German translation!
It will probably take some time until TIL is updated as well, though.

However, I must note that the .po I had available ("EoMa_raw_translation_file" in in add-ons\Era_of_Magic\translations) does not seem up to date, missing some strings, including both units that have been renamed and some abilities that do not show up in the .po.

Also, a problem that is less about this era specifically, but rather concerning mod creators in general:
Now that Khalifa have joined Mainline as the Dunefolk, the "Humans" race is no longer generic in the German translation, but rather is translated as "Humans (Wesnoth)" (and Dunefolk are "Humans (Dunefolk)")... and so does every other race also called "humans", for instance this Era's Summoners.
Therefore, I recommend the creation of translatable strings for the Humans of al-Kamija (and possibly create new races for Kharos and the Sky Kingdom).
Attachments
Era of Magic German.7z
(88.01 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

Hi,

Mu is my favorit unit in era of magic.
However, it is only available in era of magic RPG (Wesnoth 1.14.7) so you cannot recruit in maps.
Standard era of magic has no Mu, would be great to have him as leader and be able to recruit.

Anybody has the solution?

Thanks in advance!!
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Based on code it should be available.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

It works for me with 'Era of Magic'.
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

It is in the drop down list of era of magic, but it does not appear among the units somehow.

To be compleet: I would like to choose MU as leader at creating a game in regular era of magic.

I know i can recruit MU from other leader in era of magic but i want him as leader.
Last edited by Konrad2 on June 7th, 2019, 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged triplepost
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Not sure a Mu would make for a good leader choice, but here you go anyway (go to your add-on folder (google it, as it depends on what operating system you're running bfw on, go to Era_of_Magic, then to units, and replace the faction_idlist file with the one below. Now the Mu is a valid leader option for the default era Sky Kingdom. Didn't bother with Age of Heroes/Masters & Slaves, though)):
faction_idlist.cfg
(15.51 KiB) Downloaded 488 times
note: this file will be overwriten by EoMa updates, so keep a backup of it, just in case.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Right, I misunderstood you there. You can't choose UM as leader in the Heroes version of the era either. :/
Leendert

Post by Leendert »

Cannot find the file you are refering to, i have Wesnoth on Windows 10.

Thanks for you quick replay by the way!!
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Leendert wrote: June 7th, 2019, 11:25 am Cannot find the file you are refering to, i have Wesnoth on Windows 10.
Have you found the add-on folder yet, or are you already in it, and can't find the faction_idlist?

EDIT: btw, the add-on folder should be in Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14\ unless you selected otherwise in the installer.