Era of Magic (EoMa) 3.3

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
MrSean
Posts: 9
Joined: December 4th, 2010, 2:43 am

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by MrSean »

sur.nhm wrote:Balancing suggestion: remove/buff the Kharosan Cavalry Archer. They are weak, useless as archers (since their melee attack is stronger than their ranged one) and too slow to be an effective scout.
Speaking from 1.8.5 and possibly not the latest EoMa update, I disagree. The Kharosian Cavalry Archer has 9mp, which is quite good for a scout, and the ranged attack is more powerful than the melee, which still doesn't make them a good archer, but they are good at harassing and assassinating if they don't get ZoC'd. Also, the Elemental Archer is a wonderful unit and shouldn't die because you don't like its predecessor. Yes, they are weak, but that should be expected for a scout, and weakness doesn't impair their ability to carry out their primary function.
User avatar
Drakefriend
Posts: 436
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 12:57 pm
Location: Wandering from one world to another
Contact:

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Drakefriend »

Some more work on the translation.
Attachments
de.7z
(36.03 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
User avatar
battlestar
Posts: 690
Joined: January 1st, 2007, 7:12 am

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by battlestar »

Some suggestions for skill descriptions:

"Dark aura" skill --> could clarify further with "Dark aura makes all adjacent enemy units fight worse"

Code: Select all

        description= _ "Cold Aura:
Adjacent units receive a 50% bonus to fire resistance and a -25% bonus to cold resistance. All cold spells are very powerful here."
        affect_self=yes
--> "This unit and adjacent units receives" or "Area around this unit provides"

"revenge" --> "The unit has 100% hitting chance during retalitation."

"fury" --> "This unit can attack another unit after killing an enemy."

"Furious Death: When this unit dies," --> "Moments before this unit's death,"

Code: Select all

        description= _ "Rune Aura:
Adjacent friendly units on hexes: s, ne, nw receive a 99% bonus to fire, cold and arcane resistance. Other units receive a -99% bonus to fire, cold and arcane resistance."
        affect_self=no
        affect_allies=yes
        affect_enemies=yes
--> "All friendlyadjacent units"

-------------------------------------------
When I tried out the runemaster with his rune aura skill, it doesn't seem to change the damage values in the actual damage, damage calculation or the unit description... the other skills involving the [resistance] tag doesn't seem to work for me on 1.9.6.

Anyways, great era going on here :)
LUA: Llama Under Apprenticeship
Hell faction: completed
User avatar
sur.nhm
Posts: 630
Joined: September 4th, 2008, 12:10 pm
Location: in /dev/null...

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by sur.nhm »

Thanks for reporting; I doubt there will be much progress, however, since Inferno8 is on Wesbreak till July.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Frank-95
Posts: 4
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Frank-95 »

hi guys..

i've recently downloaded this era and and i immediately liked it.. really good work!!

now i'd like to translate it but i've no idea how to do it.. i noted that there are some file .mo in translation directory but i don't know that kind of files. any help?? :D

anyway i downloaded also the relative campaign and imported the last summoner unit into era of magic by doing opportune changes to the files in order to let the summonerIV evolve into it (that i called by now summonerV)..

i'd want to ask you: if i played online and my summonerIV was going to evolve, the others players who have EoM but didn't do the changes as i did how could they see the summonerV???

thank you
User avatar
Espreon
Developer
Posts: 630
Joined: June 9th, 2007, 4:08 am

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Espreon »

Frank-95 wrote: anyway i downloaded also the relative campaign and imported the last summoner unit into era of magic by doing opportune changes to the files in order to let the summonerIV evolve into it (that i called by now summonerV)..

i'd want to ask you: if i played online and my summonerIV was going to evolve, the others players who have EoM but didn't do the changes as i did how could they see the summonerV???
They would not. You'd get an OOS error; you'd probably get an OOS error upon getting a summonerIV.
Frank-95 wrote: now i'd like to translate it but i've no idea how to do it.. i noted that there are some file .mo in translation directory but i don't know that kind of files. any help?? :D
1. Go here.

2. Select the language you wish to translate the EoMa to.

3. Open it in poedit or another application that handles gettext translation catalogues.

4. Translate

5. Send us the translated po file.

Keep in mind that strings such as "female^mu" are to only have the stuff right of the caret translated and included in the translated field. So, don't even put the caret and the stuff left of it in the translation field.

Thank you.
Frank-95
Posts: 4
Joined: March 19th, 2011, 2:20 pm

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Frank-95 »

Espreon wrote:
Frank-95 wrote: 1. Go here.

2. Select the language you wish to translate the EoMa to.

3. Open it in poedit or another application that handles gettext translation catalogues.
Link: the page does not exist
User avatar
Alarantalara
Art Contributor
Posts: 784
Joined: April 23rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Alarantalara »

You should be able to use the 1.8 one for now, since so far the releases have been the same for both.

Last 1.8 version for IT
User avatar
Mountain_King
Translator
Posts: 569
Joined: May 31st, 2010, 7:54 pm

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Mountain_King »

Hello again!
I did a retake on the EoMa translation for Irish: I had changed a couple terms in mainline (i.e. goblin) and carried that over to here. I also found some errors in my translations. :doh: They're fixed now.
ga.zip
(34.81 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Best Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
User avatar
sur.nhm
Posts: 630
Joined: September 4th, 2008, 12:10 pm
Location: in /dev/null...

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by sur.nhm »

Since, apparently, I8 is back, I am posting some more Darkblooded description for critiquing.
Saurian Pikeman
The average Drak Blooded soldier is equipped with a long-bladed, ornate pike, used both for stabbing and slashing. Those otherwise normal Saurians are known for the yellow war-paint they apply to themselves before battle, and for their knowledge of forest and swamp warfare.
Wyvren Rider
Not all of the Wyvrens captured by the Dark Blooded are tortured and sent to the frontier; some of them are tamed and used as mounts by some of the more dastardly Saurians.
Clan Leader
Those Adepts who survive enough battles usually become the de-facto leaders of their clans, as signified by the extra feathers in their headdresses.
On a side note, I've noticed that the EoMa Masters AI sometime recruits both lv1's and Lv2's of the same line; for example, the Tharis AI recruits both Disciples (Lv1) and Dark Wizards (Lv2), and the Kharos AI recruits both Adepts of Light (Lv1) and Clerics (Lv2). A quick check in the units' code revealed that they change role as they advance in levels - for example, the Disciple is an archer, but the Dark Wizard is a mixed fighter. I think that this is the cause of this; is this intentional?
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
User avatar
Drakefriend
Posts: 436
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 12:57 pm
Location: Wandering from one world to another
Contact:

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Drakefriend »

You wrote "Drak" instead of "Dark" in the Pikeman (maybe rename it to Pikesaurian? :) ) article, and "Wyvren Rider", and they are quite short. I would like longer texts to translate.
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
User avatar
Fardeil
Translator
Posts: 65
Joined: March 28th, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Saint-Petersburg

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Fardeil »

Short descriptions are not so bad. Though compared with descriptions of Summoners (Al Kamija) they are indeed rather poor :) But these are still better than emptiness or the ones created for the first time by inferno8.
Those Adepts who survive enough battles usually become the de-facto leaders of their clans, as signified by the extra feathers in their headdresses.
I think that only surviving can't make any man (ah, lizardman in our case)) a clan leader, especially in wild tribes. How about: "Those Adepts who distinguish themselves in battles"; or maybe "excel in combat"... Maybe even better variant: "Those Adepts who excel in combat and survive enough of battles..." Smth like that. Don't know how to put it to sound better. Hope you can use the idea to make smth dood :)

And "some of the most" in description of Rider.
The average Drak Blooded soldier is equipped with a long-bladed, ornate pike, used both for stabbing and slashing. Those otherwise normal Saurians are known for the yellow war-paint they apply to themselves before battle, and for their knowledge of forest and swamp warfare.
Here we talk about two different kind of "knowing", aren't we?
"known for the yellow war-paint"=more about recognizing on sight.
"known for their knowledge of forest and swamp warfare"=ehh, knowledge about their skills, abilities.
Is it correct to use one verb for two it seems to me rather different meanings? I don't know myself, my knowledge is still far from perfect, just asking.
User avatar
Drakefriend
Posts: 436
Joined: September 27th, 2009, 12:57 pm
Location: Wandering from one world to another
Contact:

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Drakefriend »

Fardeil wrote:Short descriptions are not so bad. Though compared with descriptions of Summoners (Al Kamija) they are indeed rather poor :) But these are still better than emptiness or the ones created for the first time by inferno8.
Those Adepts who survive enough battles usually become the de-facto leaders of their clans, as signified by the extra feathers in their headdresses.
I think that only surviving can't make any man (ah, lizardman in our case)) a clan leader, especially in wild tribes. How about: "Those Adepts who distinguish themselves in battles"; or maybe "excel in combat"... Maybe even better variant: "Those Adepts who excel in combat and survive enough of battles..." Smth like that. Don't know how to put it to sound better. Hope you can use the idea to make smth dood :)

And "some of the most" in description of Rider.
The average Drak Blooded soldier is equipped with a long-bladed, ornate pike, used both for stabbing and slashing. Those otherwise normal Saurians are known for the yellow war-paint they apply to themselves before battle, and for their knowledge of forest and swamp warfare.
Here we talk about two different kind of "knowing", aren't we?
"known for the yellow war-paint"=more about recognizing on sight.
"known for their knowledge of forest and swamp warfare"=ehh, knowledge about their skills, abilities.
Is it correct to use one verb for two it seems to me rather different meanings? I don't know myself, my knowledge is still far from perfect, just asking.
Yes, though I forgot what this stylistic device is called, and why do you think they cannot be famous for their skills?
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
User avatar
Fardeil
Translator
Posts: 65
Joined: March 28th, 2008, 12:30 pm
Location: Saint-Petersburg

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by Fardeil »

Yes, though I forgot what this stylistic device is called, and why do you think they cannot be famous for their skills?
Don't know, somehow i see it wrong (not about being famous for). The whole race is notorious for it, so why actually pick out pikemen and write it to them only? Ah, never mind, anyway in translation it will be a little different, so everything should be good :)
User avatar
sur.nhm
Posts: 630
Joined: September 4th, 2008, 12:10 pm
Location: in /dev/null...

Re: Era of Magic (EoMa) new Tharis graphics! 0.13.0 released

Post by sur.nhm »

Thanks for the quick critique, guys. Updated and expanded.
Saurian Pikeman
The average Dark Blooded soldier is equipped with a long-bladed, ornate pike, used both for stabbing and slashing. Those otherwise normal Saurians are famous for the yellow war-paint they apply to themselves before battle, and for their knowledge of forest and swamp warfare.
Wyvern Rider
Not all of the Wyverns captured by the Dark Blooded are tortured and sent to the frontier; some of them are tamed and used as mounts by some of the more dastardly Saurians. They usually charge into the fray with their Pikes, then goad their mounts to bite their foes; sometimes, the Wyvrens swallow them whole.
Clan Leader
Those Adepts who excel in battle, usually through cunning implementation of their water magicks, become the de-facto leaders of their clans, as signified by the extra feathers in their headdresses. Their knowledge expands, allowing them to enspell their claws to make them more powerful; to cast deadlier ice-balls; and to cast better healing magic.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
Post Reply