Rise of Empires Era

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ddrmario123

Re: Rise of Empires Era

Post by ddrmario123 »

you know somebody should put up rules for this era so ppl will know how to use it unless somebody did but i don't know where it is........
we put this" :eng: " and then the link (if somebody did) for fun
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I've probably just missed where this was explained, but how do you build city blocks? I can't figure it out which leaves me with olny the starting units, mines, farms, and gardens.

Also what does founding a colony do (or supposed to do, it does not seem to work.)?
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
St.John

Post by St.John »

sounds alot like Civilization to me.... i like it :D
thats because it's based on "a new land"
which was based on an extension that nobody had because it was just ridiculious called "wesnoth civilization"
haha :hmm: :eng: i need to get some of these smileys for my blog :D
haha
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

ANL wasn't based off of anything. WesCiv, on the other hand, was trying to build a clone of the civ games in wesnoth, and so of course wan't that great, the two games are just too different.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
Coaxke

Post by Coaxke »

Weeksy wrote:ANL wasn't based off of anything. WesCiv, on the other hand, was trying to build a clone of the civ games in wesnoth, and so of course wan't that great, the two games are just too different.
Well.... it seems to be working now
Please click here to apply for a Computer-Aided Enrichment Center program. Message me if you need help following the simple, on-screen instructions.

Projects I'm currently working on:
  • Warlords
  • WesCiv (delayed)
  • WesCol (delayed)
Clog

Post by Clog »

Well,I still cannot recruit orcs, those swamp cities are useless and there is a bug (probably). Action "plant saplings" costs 2 gold, but cutting it gives you 3.
Sarudak

Post by Sarudak »

Hmmm... I didn't know there was anything wrong with the Orcs. The swamp cities are kinda a holdover from the old ANL. As far as the planting sapling being 2 and the cutting being 3 that is not a bug. However getting 1 gold is not really significant...
appleide

Post by appleide »

This is really neat! 8)
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
Coaxke

Post by Coaxke »

Sarudak wrote:......As far as the planting sapling being 2 and the cutting being 3 that is not a bug....
You have to pay gold to plant trees?? :shock: Johhny Apple-Seed must have been in HUGE debt....
Please click here to apply for a Computer-Aided Enrichment Center program. Message me if you need help following the simple, on-screen instructions.

Projects I'm currently working on:
  • Warlords
  • WesCiv (delayed)
  • WesCol (delayed)
lastdragon

Post by lastdragon »

quite slow pls make it faster getting culture is tough
lightdragonx

Post by lightdragonx »

lastdragon wrote:quite slow pls make it faster getting culture is tough
i totally agree with lastdragon its VERY slow getting about 500 culture takes like 50 or 60 turns and when playing with proper four peaple it really makes it boring please make the culture for imperial age about 150 and recruiting and imperial unit should be about 50
Fosprey

Post by Fosprey »

i;ve playing the era. I suggest you to make settlements. So you only can build villages on those settlements. But it would be very nice if village could be destroyed, the same way they can be destroyed in the siege wars era, where you need to attack it.
Sarudak

Post by Sarudak »

Does anyone have a copy of the last Rise of Empires I released? I seem to have lost mine and I want to work on it again but I don't remember how I did some things.
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Well, there is a version on the 1.4 add-on server: http://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.4/Ris ... es.tar.bz2
Maybe this will help you, though I'm afraid you'll have to rewrite everything if you want to port it to 1.8 or 1.9 (since there were many changes during the last years).

Crend
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Sarudak

Post by Sarudak »

Crendgrim wrote:Well, there is a version on the 1.4 add-on server: http://files.wesnoth.org/addons/1.4/Ris ... es.tar.bz2
Maybe this will help you, though I'm afraid you'll have to rewrite everything if you want to port it to 1.8 or 1.9 (since there were many changes during the last years).

Crend
Thanks for that. No doubt I will need to rewrite things and my new mod is going to be much different anyway and I was going to write as much of it as possible in lua. But it would be nice to be reminded of how i did some things.