New Era : Romance of the Three Kingdoms

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Flevalt

Post by Flevalt »

I dont know if you have use for this, but here are some sprites. I hope they can help you a bit:
Wei:

Wu:
Shu:

I dont know if you plan on putting the others also in own kingdoms but anyway, here they are:

Han&Others:

Im also a very very...big Dynasty warriors fan(damn i love this game) so i hope you´ll get the three kingdoms era as soon as possible finished

deleted inappropriate image links. -turin
Last edited by Flevalt on February 2nd, 2008, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hagabaka

Post by hagabaka »

Here are some sprites
Did you create those sprites? If they're copyrighted content owned by others, you should not be posting them on this forum and offering them as contribution. From http://adoptions.unhappy-song.net/, the site where you're linking the images from:
This site contains over 1000 sprites from various video games and anime series created over seven years that you can adopt for your page. Please save these images and upload them to your own server. Do not link to their location on this site.
[EDIT] The sprites on that site seem to be based on the game characters, but not rips from those games. Adding the fact that the "Three Kingdoms" characters have been portrayed similarly in various games and other media, I guess there will likely be no problem with the game creators. But it still remains a question whether the author of these sprites will allow you to use them, in a license that will be permitted by the addon server policy. Of course, clarify if you're the author.
the_revenant

Post by the_revenant »

Even if he did create the sprites himself, the general image of the sprites is breaking copyright laws, as they the exact same as Dynasty Warriors 5.

If you did do them, then you ahve a great eye for detail, if not im afraid they wont be abel to be used. I like the idea of this era, and had i been here when it was started i would have offered help, but i feel that it appears to be abbandoned.

Perhaps i might start it up again as my own crazy project

EDIT: Ma Chao and Zhao Yun FTW!!
Someone got to know me well, drowned me in their wishing well, making mistakes, we all do, worst of mine was trusting you a stranger
Flevalt

Post by Flevalt »

what a pity :(
the_revenant

Post by the_revenant »

Flevalt wrote:what a pity :(
I agree, they are rather good sprites
Someone got to know me well, drowned me in their wishing well, making mistakes, we all do, worst of mine was trusting you a stranger
dontano

Post by dontano »

Lu Bu simply rocks!! I'm too Dynasty/Samurai Warriors huge fan, and I perfectly agree with your era. If you want some help with .cfgs just tell what I gotta do. And descriptions too, with full history of the Tree Kingdoms Era.
the_revenant

Post by the_revenant »

dontano wrote:Lu Bu simply rocks!! I'm too Dynasty/Samurai Warriors huge fan, and I perfectly agree with your era. If you want some help with .cfgs just tell what I gotta do. And descriptions too, with full history of the Tree Kingdoms Era.
Hmm i might try and get this era back up and running again, as it seems like a great idea. I know most of the three kingdoms era history from the yellow turbans to the fall of shu, so that should be ok. I guess for sprites, we would have to make up an image for what we think the heros would look like, so not to breach copyright laws. I may take you up on those .cfg files, but first ill pm wolf_raven and see if he is still working on them.
dontano

Post by dontano »

Do you like my avatar? I made it myself when I was lookin' for sprites for my Samurai Era but that ronin is a lil' large, so I "throw" it out of my mind.
Sprites for those warriors are really good, and they get the idea. Maybe Zuo Ci is more "blue" than the original but the rest is nice. I'm more "tecnical" than "artistic" so I need your response, Revenant, to start the work. If you want to cooperate with my Knights' Era too (for sprites), I'm glad to continue for completing units' descriptions, but this isn't the right place to talk about it.
dontano

Post by dontano »

Oh, you forgot Meng Huo! Lol, we can imagine him with the dimensions of an ogre but the King of Nanman deserves too an honorable place in your Three Kingdoms era :)