BloodBorn

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DeViL

Post by DeViL »

thanks for all the feedback :) especiall art critique for the blood construct to be clear on what it is its an animated creature of blood similar to a mudcrawler

bascley these guys have average defense 60 on forests and large mountains and castles 50 on hills the forester line has 70% in forests but worse by 10% in all hills opposite for the hill line mages normal mage defense thank you dragon master for the tips on shading blood im very new to pixel art of any kind
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Eternal
Art Contributor

Post by Eternal »

DeViL wrote:im very new to pixel art of any kind
Then you should check this out.[/url]
Just some patience and all goes well. :D

Oh and BTW... does your keyboard have a shift and a perioid button? :?
I wish I had more time in my hands.
DeViL

Post by DeViL »

[quote="Oh and BTW... does your keyboard have a shift and a perioid button? :?[/quote]

hehe Sorry about that grammar is'nt my strong point unless i really think about it. :oops:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
halleck

Post by halleck »

*Ahem* I made a few small changes...
DeViL wrote: Hehe, sorry about that grammar. It isn't my strong point unless I really think about it. :oops:
:P . Just messin' with you.
Last edited by halleck on October 2nd, 2006, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw it... I can go without a sig.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

halleck wrote:
DeViL wrote: Hehe, sorry about that grammar. It isn't my strong point unless I really think about it. :oops:
:P . Just messin' with you.
Uh... that's what he meant to say. Here's what he meant to say:
DeViL wrote: Hehe, sorry about that. Grammar isn't my strong point unless I really think about it. :oops:
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
halleck

Post by halleck »

turin wrote: Uh... that's what he meant to say. Here's what he meant to say:
Do you mean to say that that isn't what he meant to say so here's what you say he meant?

:P ...
Wait...
:? ...

*Mutters to himself and walks away...*
Screw it... I can go without a sig.
DeViL

Post by DeViL »

turin wrote:
halleck wrote: :P . Just messin' with you.
Uh... that's what he meant to say. Here's what he meant to say:
DeViL wrote: Hehe, sorry about that. Grammar isn't my strong point unless I really think about it. :oops:
ummm What the heck are you talking about :P
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

He is turin. Most look at his naggin' and dissin' and go :roll: .

Then something get hippos, Assasin posts or Neo cries from the shadows and everything goes back to a more stable quasi-state of dinamic inertness. Pink unicorns and starch may be included.

Of course, what i really mean with all this is that in your thread, at the very least you should keep in topic. But if i just said that, how would people sense the mistery and reason of existence?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
TheLost1

Post by TheLost1 »

halleck wrote:
turin wrote: Uh... that's what he meant to say. Here's what he meant to say:
Do you mean to say that that isn't what he meant to say so here's what you say he meant?

:P ...
Wait...
:? ...

*Mutters to himself and walks away...*

no
wait...
yes.
The dragons are all colour-coded,
Some consider this system outmoded.
This was not preordained
Gary Gygax explained,
"My box of Crayolas exploded."
DeViL

Post by DeViL »

back on topic ive updated the blood creation and made a L2 for it
Attachments
Bloodconstruct.png
Bloodconstruct.png (4.54 KiB) Viewed 5076 times
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

A little advice with pixel art:

Put black lines around all you shapes. It makes them look larger than they are, and stand out more.

Don't use such a bright shade of red. IMHO it's really distracting and makes everything look like little blobs of colour...

Be aware however that I'm not much better at this than you are :wink:

If you ask me, a 'construct' should be a sphere. If it's dropping bits everywhere, then it'll be gone before it's marched ten paces. You want it to hold together, and the best shape for a liquid to be in to hold together is a sphere.

I think that the 'WTF what are the eyes and mouth' reaction isn't really needed--What the eyes and mouth are made of is just a stylistic preference.
And besides, if you were something to be dangerous, wouldn't you give it a mouth made out of a bear trap :wink:
rubber.piggy

Post by rubber.piggy »

DeViL I think it needs a shadow so that you can see it in reference to the ground. Ie. is it floating at head height, waist height or sliding along the ground??
"If at first you don't suceed, redefine sucess." - Anon