Holy Knights Faction

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan »

I can't help but wonder if you had Spanish conquistadors in mind when you designed these guys. Not that I'd mind -- for all their faults, I have a soft spot for Cortes and Pizarro.
Dragon Master wrote:The faction will also have one (possibly two, more on that later) new abilities for the missionary line that will function much like plague. The ability will essentially be the same, except the unit killed by the missionary will be brought back on your side as a lvl 0 follower.
I'm thinking "Neophyte" would be a good name for the lvl 0 unit.
Dragon Master wrote:The follower unit will possibly level up into a missionary, or may just not have any higher level.
I do think the Neophyte should have upgrades, but I think it needs another advancement besides the missionary. Not sure what that should be yet.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

maybe "devotee" or something of that type.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Um... these do seem too similar to the celestials. You have to realize that not all of the celestials are angelic beings - some are humans, armed like crusaders, essentially identical to these guys. They're different, yes, but I don't think they're different enough to make two factions out of. It would be like having an Elensian faction and a Wesnothian faction.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:Um... these do seem too similar to the celestials. You have to realize that not all of the celestials are angelic beings - some are humans, armed like crusaders, essentially identical to these guys. They're different, yes, but I don't think they're different enough to make two factions out of. It would be like having an Elensian faction and a Wesnothian faction.
Celestials aren't human; they're a race just like elves. None of the Celestials, however, are angelic beings. The ones that look human have simply lost their vestigial wings in adolescence.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:
turin wrote:Um... these do seem too similar to the celestials. You have to realize that not all of the celestials are angelic beings - some are humans, armed like crusaders, essentially identical to these guys. They're different, yes, but I don't think they're different enough to make two factions out of. It would be like having an Elensian faction and a Wesnothian faction.
Celestials aren't human; they're a race just like elves. None of the Celestials, however, are angelic beings. The ones that look human have simply lost their vestigial wings in adolescence.
Whatever. The point is that some of the Celestials look like humans, and some look like angelic beings, and all of them look almost exactly like the holy knights are going to look...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:Whatever. The point is that some of the Celestials look like humans, and some look like angelic beings, and all of them look almost exactly like the holy knights are going to look...
Is that really the point?

I haven't downloaded the .zip, but his example looks very different from the current Celestial images...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

JW wrote:Is that really the point?

I haven't downloaded the .zip, but his example looks very different from the current Celestial images...
Yes. Whether the point is accurate or not is debatable, but that WAS the point.

Why did I have to use three posts to get this across?
The World of Orbivm
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Some of the units look wierd... (The Cannonneer comes to mind)
Fear me! For I am higher level than you!
JW

Post by JW »

turin wrote:Why did I have to use three posts to get this across?
Because you don't say what you mean the first time you say it:
This said nothing about either factions appearance, it rather spoke to their culture/heritage/personality.

Basically, these 2 factions won't even collide in the same era, ever, so what's the problem even if they do have similarpersonalities or graphics? (Which they don't anyway.)

Any further discussion I think we should have in PMs. I don't want to hijack DMs thread.
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Finished the Initiate of light. This guy, along with cleric of light, will be a token fighte. (AKA cheap, in large numbers)
Attachments
Initiate of light preview.png
Initiate of light preview.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 3390 times
JW

Post by JW »

That's actually a really neat outfit.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

:shock: Is that dude anorexic or what?
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

He's not anorexic, he just has big abs. He doesn't look that skinny to me...
Anyway, here's the defender of the sun and warrior archon (lvl's 2&3) base frames. The defender of the sun looks really bad if you don't view him in game or in GIMP. I'm not as pleased with the warrior archon as most of my other units, any suggestions?

(BTW, thank you Jetryl for getting rid of that stupid arguement)
Attachments
Defender of the Sun.png
Defender of the Sun.png (3.57 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
Warrior Archon preview.png
Warrior Archon preview.png (2.01 KiB) Viewed 3358 times
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Finished the cleric line. Cleric of day is best viewed in GIMP. I like how the magus archon came out this time, the fire effect is really neat. All that's left is the warrior ghost line, an jg's working on that. Expect some frames for the follower units soon.
Attachments
lvl3
lvl3
Magus Archon.png (3.31 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
lvl2
lvl2
Defender of the Day.png (3.47 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
lvl1
lvl1
Cleric of Light.png (1.87 KiB) Viewed 3342 times
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Drake follower done. Now to do the elf, dwarf, suarian, merfolk, human, wose, goblin, naga, orc, and troll followers. damn that's a lot of units. On a side note, just like plague, undead are immune to convert. If anybody would like to make follower units for any of the above races I would greatly appreciate it. They just need to be plain, almost naked (w/ loin cloth or robe) and in a normal pose. I need help please! I should probably wait for the wose...
Attachments
Drake Follower.png
Drake Follower.png (2.02 KiB) Viewed 3320 times