Faction for EOM: Celestials

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Ryorin wrote:It still needs ALOT of work though.
Perhaps a lot of work will be alloted. :roll:
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
troodon

vampires again

Post by troodon »

JW wrote:
Vampires are vampires. Wink They live far SE of Wesnoth in the area inhabited by the rest of the creatures of the Era of Myths. (They do not interact with the default factions of Wesnoth.)
Can I include the vampires in my campaign? It would be that sometime between the time of Konrad and when the Akladians conquered Wesnoth, the vampires are part of a massive three-way invasion of Wesnoth and its surrounding lands.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Uhm... That's not what we had in mind for the Vampires...
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Disto

Re: vampires again

Post by Disto »

troodon wrote:JW wrote:
Vampires are vampires. Wink They live far SE of Wesnoth in the area inhabited by the rest of the creatures of the Era of Myths. (They do not interact with the default factions of Wesnoth.)
Can I include the vampires in my campaign? It would be that sometime between the time of Konrad and when the Akladians conquered Wesnoth, the vampires are part of a massive three-way invasion of Wesnoth and its surrounding lands.
They can't stop you though so :P.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Jester

Post by Jester »

True
I heard they were stoned out of their minds, trying to convince the Statue of Liberty to get naked...

CCBS - Compulsive Cat Biting Syndrome, when you know that kittens shouldn't have heads attached to their bodies.
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

I would advice, for respect to the author, to never take on the totality of an idea for your purposes.

Yes, we can't stop you from using the Vampires as you wish, but certainly you could restrain from saying "the whole nation of the Vampires started attacking Wesnoth" and keep it in a more incidental/vague tone, right?.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
troodon

vampires

Post by troodon »

Don't worry, I won't usurp the faction. However, could I instead have the Isle of the Damned have been overrun by vampires, and those ones attack Wesnoth? If that would throw a kink in the plans for the vampires, let me know and I won't include the vampires at all. Also: The vampires I am talking about are the ones in The Rise Of Wesnoth. Does the Era of Myths have more vampires than that?
Jester

Post by Jester »

The EOM Vampires are a totally different breed from those of TROW...

troodon

Isle of the Damned

Post by troodon »

So I can use the vampire from TROW? And one last thing: Do you know where that island with the vampire in TROW is, using Wesnoth as a reference point? Thanks for clarifying this.
JW

Post by JW »

Feel free to use the Vampires from TROW (I haven't played it through yet so I assume it's the Vamp Lady). The Vampires in the EOM are kind of......special.....so using them would probably not coincide with the storyline we've already decided on for them.

As for where the Isle of the Damned is...I thought that was in HTTT? West of the Bay of Pearls?

Thanks for asking permission btw. That was the mature thing to do and I appreciate it. :)
(I'm sure Jester, Cuyo, and the others do as well)
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Finally got around to fixing the alternate priest.
Attachments
priest-alt.PNG
priest-alt.PNG (1.46 KiB) Viewed 3337 times
viorc

Celestial Sentinel

Post by viorc »

In the configuration of the Celestial Sentinel for version Alpha 11- balancing act (9-4-2006), isn't there a problem in the definition ?
id=EOM_Sentinel
name= _ "Sentinel"
race=celestial
image="celestials/sentinel.png"
advanceto=EOM_Sentinel
The unit is advancing to itself :shock:

[edit]Well maybe it is normal as it is a unmodified copy of the Celestial Keeper :?[/edit]
JW

Re: Celestial Sentinel

Post by JW »

viorc wrote:In the configuration of the Celestial Sentinel for version Alpha 11- balancing act (9-4-2006), isn't there a problem in the definition ?
id=EOM_Sentinel
name= _ "Sentinel"
race=celestial
image="celestials/sentinel.png"
advanceto=EOM_Sentinel
The unit is advancing to itself :shock:

[edit]Well maybe it is normal as it is a unmodified copy of the Celestial Keeper :?[/edit]
Thanks. Changed, and it'll be fixed in the next release.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I think this one looks better without the undershirt.
Attachments
priest-alt.PNG
priest-alt.PNG (1.42 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

And the next level to that branch.
Attachments
priest-alt2.PNG
priest-alt2.PNG (1.48 KiB) Viewed 3243 times