Apocalyptic Era, anyone?

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

xXKelbaXx

Apocalyptic Era, anyone?

Post by xXKelbaXx »

Anyone interested in starting a project to make an apocalyptic era? Complete factions and everything, since the World of Wesnoth (Can we abbreviate it to WoW now :lol: ) has been completely shaken up and no real history is written, it's pretty much up to our imaginations to continue the story.

Edit: About we each start writing some story lines, share them here, and compile our thoughts into one plot?
toms

Post by toms »

When the whole world is destroyed, there cannot be anything there still.

Wesnoth has a storyline. You can read it in the wiki. If you manage not to crash it, you can do what you want.
First read, then think. Read again, think again. And then post!
Dragon Master

Post by Dragon Master »

Your proposing an entire era!?! Do you have any idea how long that takes? Start with a faction and then maybe, just maybe, it will go on from there.
ascendant

Post by ascendant »

I agree with Dragon Master. Creating an era is much work. Think of the art you have to make for one. And even the part you probably like, the unit stats, is much work if you include testing and balancing.
Morever, I advise that Catharge should be destoyed.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Most people, when proposing a new era, provide ideas, stats and units, but no art; some provide ideas and units, but no art and no stats; some provide just ideas, with no art, no stats, and no units; but I've never known someone, until now, to leave out the ideas, too.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
JW

Post by JW »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Most people, when proposing a new era, provide ideas, stats and units, but no art; some provide ideas and units, but no art and no stats; some provide just ideas, with no art, no stats, and no units; but I've never known someone, until now, to leave out the ideas, too.
lol...
xXKelbaXx

Post by xXKelbaXx »

Elvish Pillager wrote:Most people, when proposing a new era, provide ideas, stats and units, but no art; some provide ideas and units, but no art and no stats; some provide just ideas, with no art, no stats, and no units; but I've never known someone, until now, to leave out the ideas, too.
I was just seeing what other people thought before going into it, and who would want to help. I could volunteer to do a substantial part of it, just I can't make art worth crap.
JW

Post by JW »

If you are anxious to create an era, the Era of Myths still needs people to help with various aspects. If you are anxious to create this particular era then I wish you luck. You will most definitely need it.
Alks

Post by Alks »

Actually the concept of Apocalyptic Era would be a nice one. Although it would require a few good artists and should be more like merging some factions already existent into era, than creating whole era from the scratch.
jg

Post by jg »

xXKelbaXx wrote:just I can't make art worth crap.
Then learn how to make "art worth some crap"... :wink:

The biggest problem with factions, campaigns, eras etc. is that they don't have art(ists). I'm not saying I am a good artist, merely that nobody (unless your idea is very good) will volunteer to do the work for you. There are a lot of tutorials made for beginners, so I suggest you have a look there.

jg
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

At the moment i have 3 entire worlds/universes and the sketches of some more in my head, one of them has as much as 15 distinct nations/factions. Are you really aware, fellow forumer, of what are you proposing, and do you even have some guidelines for it?.
...since the World of Wesnoth has been completely shaken up and no real history is written, it's pretty much up to our imaginations to continue the story.
Does this mean contemporary or after UtBS timeline?. Because in that case, i can't brainstrom much i fear
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Alks

Post by Alks »

Good point, Cuyo. I'm in similar situation. Propose some sketch, some guidelines, browse forum. Maybe you can find some unfinished and abandoned factions to form the core. Then *all* you need is to make one or two yours.
turin
Lord of the East

Re: Apocalyptic Era, anyone?

Post by turin »

xXKelbaXx wrote:since the World of Wesnoth (Can we abbreviate it to WoW now :lol: ) has been completely shaken up and no real history is written, it's pretty much up to our imaginations to continue the story.
False. Nothing has happened to the WoW. I have no idea what you're talking about...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
SunTzu

Post by SunTzu »

i was wondering here, before doing anything..
An only horseman faction, say like the huns, has it been proposed before?
I think i could develop it over time.
Flametrooper

Post by Flametrooper »

Well no, an all-mounted faction could be interesting...but a bit bland, unless you do it right.
And wrong thread...
hey.