The Era of Myths 5.19.0

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

megane
Art Contributor

Re: The Era of Myths: 2 years old, handing over for a while.

Post by megane »

Ba psch, this "Megane" person's never created anything of value :mrgreen:
that little girl's parents were attacked by ninjas - generic npc
hee hee! - little girl
Quietus
Art Contributor

Post by Quietus »

megane wrote:Ba psch, this "Megane" person's never created anything of value :mrgreen:
lol yeah i know, the windsong are priceless ^^
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: The Era of Myths: Delta 1

Post by Velensk »

Since no-one mentioned anything, I've decided to put Delta 1 out. If I missed anything we can always publish again.

The change log for this version. (Probably not complete)

Code: Select all

Version Delta 1

---General changes
-mmany descriptions added or modified
-Art from various people implimented

---unit changes
*a few minor unmentioned tweaks

-celestial
*Crusader given blade attack
*Crusader given healing back
*Messenger hp now 36
*Greatmage line slightly boosted
*Mystic line slightly nerfed
*Legionnaire line got firststrike

-deviling
*sneak cost increased to 8

-Warg
*Minor changes to wolffoot movetype
*Renaming of Werewolf, and warrior wolf (Warrior Wolf, and Warrior Warg)
*Minor stat tweaks to upper lvl units
*All warrior wolf line warg are chaotic

-Elemental
*Tidal cost now 16
*Magic Servent renamed Wind servent

-Therians
*Therian cats claws are now 6-3
*Shifters now gain an additional +1 from attuned
*Therian apprentices hp now 26

-Vampire
*Gorgoyal is now neutral
*Fledgling cost back down to 13
*Blood Aprentices now have an arcane attack
*Bloodhulk hp now 48
*Bloodhulks have feeding
*Set it so that Vampires use mainlines bats (at least for right now)
*Gave lord/sire back leadership (less hp/damage for compensation)

-Windsong
*Gatekeeper atack 5-4
*Seeker/weaver hp+2
*Weaver bow attack now 9-2
*Weaver cost now 18
*Crystals attack boosted to 5-2 (cost now 11)
*Variouse tweaks to higher lvl units
Now that a new version is out I'll be looking for balancing feedback. Please playtest (and/or make art). It's hard to test something if there arn't other people to test with (unless you enjoy playing stratagy games against yourself)
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

Quietus wrote:
megane wrote:Ba psch, this "Megane" person's never created anything of value :mrgreen:
lol yeah i know, the windsong are priceless ^^
I think he means that there is no Megane, only megane. :wink:
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Just as a warning next version will likely be released over the weekend, and you can exepect to see some nerfs to the devilings. I have played 6 seprate games with devilings since I released Delta 1, and I am positive that they need a nerf. I saved one replay to demonstrate this need incase anyone needs convincing. Replay will also give some details as to what these nerfs will likely be. Meganes cipher images have been added and more discriptions have been written. Other minor stat modifications will be made.

I'm hoping I that there would be someone interested in doing art for the blackfur, and the wisp'o'will. If you are willing to work on such a project then please do.

EDIT: Now every lvl 1, and almost every lvl 2 has a description. (unless I missed one)
Attachments
User_Map_replay.gz
Devilings vs celstials final.
(22.92 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

I could probably do ya' a will-o'-the-wisp. Are you wanting just a floating light, as in Warcraft III (that reminds me: while Will-o'-the-Wisp is fine, I think just Wisp might sound a little better), or would you rather it have a bit more of a shape, a fairy or some such?
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Will'o'wisps were supposedly mysterious lights in the woods that would lead travelers of the road never to find their way out. Diffrent stories have diffrent explanations, or no explanation at all.

As far as apperiance I have always imagined them as a small ghostish ball of blueish flames with possibly some undistict form in the middle would work well. (especialy if animated)

I'd rather not just call it a wisp as it seems disrespectfull to the legend to me. I imagine most people will call them just wisps anyway.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

OK, works for me. Random thought: how about giving it the ability "distract," from TRoW? That ability does next to nothing, and would be very in keeping with the unit.
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I don't know, what does distract do? When I played through TRoW I don't remember any ability called distract.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Did you add the Devling descriptions I wrote a while ago? If not I can try to find them.

Oh, and if you want to see the distract ability, see EE Outlaws Faction with Bandit Queen leader.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

I did not add them in, if you can find them, I'll add them in, otherwize I reckon the ones I have now will work (I've already finished all the devilings, however there is a good chance the ones you wrote were better).

EDIT: Distract, not being added without a price increase. A few of these things could effectivly give the rest of your army skirmish. If you insert one of these into a gap between two enemies then you could suddenly move the rest of your army through freely. Also if I read that correctly although they can't nulify zoc for themselves they can do it for each other. This means that with two of them you could make get one of them into a gap olny one hex large, and allow any friendly units to get through.
Warg already have a skirmisher, and especialy if the blackfur gets added that could get overpowered fast.

On the other hand a deviling unit with this abiltiy could be a valid excuse to get rid of skirmisher from sneaks (I'd consiter the ability to skirmish an essential for devilings who have trouble getting allot of damage per hexside and have to make up for it by being able to reach all hexsides) The problem with this is that it would be getting rid of real skirmish for sneaks, and giving a substitute skirmish to all of devilingdom.
Neoskel
Art Contributor

Post by Neoskel »

I find it slightly strange that Bloodborn made from devlings and warg turn into regular humanoids. Also females turning into males. The problem is that the Bloodborn advance into a lot of vampire units and some things like gender are not addressed in the typical Plague ability. Would it be possible to implement a system like the Walking Corpse which had variations based on race, but also on gender (i know its done on a unit by unit basis, but for units with variable gender?)? This would require some name changes like the Noble and Sire. Theres 11 different vampire units that would need variations too which would be clunky. The variations i think they could use would be: Female Humanoid, Warg, Large Devling, Devling (and possibly 2 devlings and 3 devlings, but 1 is really enough). I suppose the Vampire bat would need a variation too...Is it possible to exclude certain units from plague without giving them an 'undead' clone trait?

I wouldn't want all the effort to be poured into it right now, but i think it would turn out pretty cool if we could pull it off eventually.
megane
Art Contributor

Post by megane »

Well, this is the "plague problem." The problem is that plague, while a fairly uncommonly used ability, requires IMMENSE amounts of art to "look right."

I guess I just figured that, since the Bloodborn look kinda' shapeless now, they're sort of trasnfroming into vampires? I dunno. Female variations are easy to pull off, though; I guess I could try my hand.
hee hee! - little girl
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Blood born is a unit in the process of becoming a vampire. I reckon that it would be neat to have a diffrent form for every option. However that brings us to the point of needing a diffrent fledgling/thinblood for every option too. My stance on this is that any art done will be accepted, but I'd rather that other art was done first.
Melon

Post by Melon »

Thanks for ignoring everything I ever post.