wizzardz: completed.

Production of artwork for the game by regular contributors takes place here.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Re: wizzardz: Dark Adept Female

Post by Thrawn »

turin wrote:Like Mirion147, it seems a bit odd to me how there's no hair coming out of (from her perspective) the left side of her hood. The fact that we can't even see any hair inside her cloak on that side almost makes it look like half of her head is shaved.

Other than that, though, it looks great.
um,,,I'm no girl, but I'm pretty sure that that's normal, because they wan't their hair not rumpled up/uncomfortable. So just pull the hair back and over to one side.

That's completley natural to do...
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Garen Voh

Post by Garen Voh »

um,,,I'm no girl, but I'm pretty sure that that's normal, because they wan't their hair not rumpled up/uncomfortable. So just pull the hair back and over to one side.

In which case there should probably be some hair sweeping around behind her neck... even just a little bit.

Other than that... brilliant, Kitty. I'm looking forward to the shaded version when you get time.
I am your best nightmare...
Rocket Slug

Post by Rocket Slug »

Kitty, I totally understand. Thanks for clearing it up.

As for the female dark adept, it's looking really cool so far! I really like how your female characters aren't so doll-like and have some meat on their bones. I wonder, though: who's your inspiration for this portrait? It would be a wonderful in-joke if you and your boyfriend are the models for the two dark adept portraits.
JAP
Art Contributor

Post by JAP »

Garen Voh wrote:

In which case there should probably be some hair sweeping around behind her neck... even just a little bit.

Other than that... brilliant, Kitty. I'm looking forward to the shaded version when you get time.
No actually it looks exactly like it should, when you sweep your hair to one side like that you usually do it over the ear ( i have about that hair length).
And its a god idea to, long hair that is just hanging inside a hood and down your back gets entangled fast.
Garen Voh

Post by Garen Voh »

JAP wrote:
Garen Voh wrote: In which case there should probably be some hair sweeping around behind her neck... even just a little bit.

No actually it looks exactly like it should, when you sweep your hair to one side like that you usually do it over the ear ( i have about that hair length).
And its a god idea to, long hair that is just hanging inside a hood and down your back gets entangled fast.
Then I stand corrected. We'll see what Kitty does. :)
mameluke

Post by mameluke »

turin wrote:The fact that we can't even see any hair inside her cloak on that side almost makes it look like half of her head is shaved.
Well, maybe her head is shaved? (Yes, she's a freak) :)
For me it looks very interesting like this. It gives some mystery to her.
The viewer is not sure what he is looking at. Very nice imho.
I don't see any problems with an elf-woman hitting somebody with a mace...
DragD

Post by DragD »

who's your inspiration for this portrait? It would be a wonderful in-joke if you and your boyfriend are the models for the two dark adept portraits.
indeed it would :hmm:

The Dark Adept Female looks great so far :)
kitty
Retired Portrait Director

Post by kitty »

whoa! so many comments! :shock:

i just wanted to clarify that there should indeed be a little bit of her hair visible on the other side. but there will be a very dark shadow (remember: it's inside the hood) an that's why i didn't bother drawing it. if it still looks strange after finishing shading i'll add a few strands there.

for now - yes, there is hair, but no: you can not see it. :)
Girgistian
Art Contributor

Post by Girgistian »

Would you mind if I tried to draw a sketch for the lich or the ancient lich someday soon?
For the dark gods!
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Rocket Slug wrote:I wonder, though: who's your inspiration for this portrait? It would be a wonderful in-joke if you and your boyfriend are the models for the two dark adept portraits.
I wonder that as well.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Garen Voh

Post by Garen Voh »

Shadow Master wrote:
Rocket Slug wrote:I wonder, though: who's your inspiration for this portrait? It would be a wonderful in-joke if you and your boyfriend are the models for the two dark adept portraits.
I wonder that as well.
I won't lie, I was wondering the same thing, lol. :P
kitty
Retired Portrait Director

Post by kitty »

i found some time to put some shading on the dark adept's female version... :)

i added a tuft of her on her left side, like many of you suggested - thanks!
i'm not to sure about the magical effect thingie. i'm tired and can't distinguish between cool and embarrassing anymore... (and no it is not emmiting light - it is *dark* magic.)

what do you think?

and no, she doesn't look like me at all :( i am afraid. it would have been a nice in-joke indeed, but while my boyfriend is naturally skinny, pale and always clad in black, i'm nothing like this. it just wouldn't have fit... perhaps in another one :wink:
Attachments
darkadept-fem04.png
darkadept-fem04.png (99.63 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

kitty wrote:i found some time to put some shading on the dark adept's female version... :)

i added a tuft of her on her left side, like many of you suggested - thanks!
i'm not to sure about the magical effect thingie. i'm tired and can't distinguish between cool and embarrassing anymore... (and no it is not emmiting light - it is *dark* magic.)
It is very nice! Is that a pentagram in her hand?
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Very nice! Yeah, that takes care of my concerns with the hair.

The pentagram does look kind of odd, as you feared. Also, we probably don't want to use an actual pentagram - people might think it's demonic, some neo-pagans use it, and there's supposed to be No Religion In Wesnoth (NRIW), etc - but rather some sort of pentagram-esque device; IIRC, we've previously used an equilateral triangle inscribed in a circle, so you might want to borrow that.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

Yes. The hair issue is fixed, however I still think a few hairs infront of her face would look cool.
Last edited by Mirion147 on May 22nd, 2008, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.