Impressed with the maturity

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

JW

Impressed with the maturity

Post by JW »

I've only been playing BfW since 1.0 and have frequented these forums for slightly less time, but I can honestly say that my time here has positively effected the way I post and generally deal with people online.

I've only spent time on a dozen or so forums, and the majority of those were overflowed with childish and immature posters trying to get rises out of people for fun, or simply contrary people that always had to negate something that anyone said, no matter how positive. Either that or arrogant posters that believed they were the only ones that could be correct and all others were wrong - people who usually resorted to personal atttacks when properly challenged.

The people here at Wesnoth aren't like any of that. It truly amazes me. Maybe it's the whole linux and free software thing. I'm not really sure, but I'm glad I stumbled across this game that I currently enjoy discussing more than I enjoy playing.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone here who has been an inspiration to me in my forum maturing process. If I've ever let some insensitivity slip out, that's simply the old memories trying to creep their way back in.

ps, I've never seen a game accompanied by a philosophy before either. I think it's a brilliant basis for an ever-growing game and community.

Basically, thanks and congratulations all around for a job (well, really play) well done. :D