Is it me, or is the website down a long time?

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

appleide

Is it me, or is the website down a long time?

Post by appleide »

Every once in a while, there is a 'window' of like 5 minutes that you can access the website, and then it says "forbidden"....
Why did the fish laugh? Because the sea weed.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Bandwidth problems would be my guess...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
scott

Post by scott »

I noticed it this morning. It could be someone disconnected the site to mess with the campaign server, since that was also down.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

scott wrote:I noticed it this morning. It could be someone disconnected the site to mess with the campaign server, since that was also down.
The web server and campaign server has nothing to do with each other. In fact the first one is hosted in France while the second is hosted in Norway.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

How can you make a campaign server? Do you have any software like Apache to install?
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
freim

Post by freim »

Tux2B wrote:How can you make a campaign server? Do you have any software like Apache to install?
The campaign server is a stand-alone binary. Supply ./configure with the --enable-campaign-server param to build it.

http://campaigns.wesnoth.org is a perl script that provides a web interface to the campaign server. It's not necessary to run a campaign server.
Tux2B

Post by Tux2B »

Do you have to type something like: --enable-multiplayer-server to install a multiplayer server? (just because I am nosy...)
"There are two kind of campaign strategies : the good and the bad ones. The good ones almost always fail because of unforeseen consequences that make the bad ones succeed." -- Napoleon
freim

Post by freim »

Tux2B wrote:Do you have to type something like: --enable-multiplayer-server to install a multiplayer server? (just because I am nosy...)
"--enable-server"

"./configure --help" will give you all compile options