Coupla ideas for tweaks to the home page

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Coupla ideas for tweaks to the home page

Post by irrevenant »

* The screenshot should be click-enlargable.
* There should be a website feedback link at the bottom (even if it just points at the appropriate forum)
scott

Post by scott »

Maybe now we're wishing the homepage were in the wiki!

You are prolific with ideas, and they're not of the FPI kind. It's rather impressive.

You should let the homepage organization thread go on for a bit longer until a consensus comes out, than outline all the changes in a developer discussions thread. The 2 ideas you have here sound ok to me, btw.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I HATE links that indirectly lead to the forums. If I click on one, without knowing what it is, I will be brought to the forums at a time when I probably do not have enough free time to look at all the new posts that have come up.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ettin
Lord of Glamdrol

Re: Coupla ideas for tweaks to the home page

Post by ettin »

irrevenant wrote:* The screenshot should be click-enlargable.
Fixed.

It would be good to have a newer screenshot though. Screenshots are always welcome.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I think there should be a bar seperating the screenshots, getting started, join us, and FAQ from the rest of the text. Also, maybe a seperate NEWS link too, and just put the new NEWS on the home page. And what happend to the downloads page???
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.