Link to source code difficult to find

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GunChleoc
Translator

Link to source code difficult to find

Post by GunChleoc »

I tried to find a ling to the source code fro the homepage and it wasn't obvious at all. Fortunately, I remembered that it's on GitHUb and gave up looking for it pretty fast. How about adding a link on https://wiki.wesnoth.org/Create
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Link to source code difficult to find

Post by Iris »

I mean...
Screenshot_20200113_102006.png
Screenshot_20200113_102055.png
Screenshot_20200113_102055.png (6.72 KiB) Viewed 4621 times
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
GunChleoc
Translator

Post by GunChleoc »

I didn't scroll down far enough to find that one, because I didn't expect it there. My screen is too small to show the "Download" section on the home page without scrolling, and the big 2 juicy buttons on top made me assume there wasn't one. Had I scrolled that far, I might have scrolled further and found the links.

So, I looked for it on the "create" page and didn't feel like clicking on all the wiki links to see if there was some info there - maybe we should have an "obtaining the source code" section there?
shevegen

Post by shevegen »

This may be a general problem when there is too much information available, not just in regards to the comment
about a small screen, but when there is tons of information. I actually tend to just do a google search, which in
most cases is better than in-site references.