Wesnoth's Unit Database

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TyBonzer
Translator

Re: Wesnoth's Unit Database

Post by TyBonzer »

Soliton wrote: March 19th, 2019, 5:24 pm Just wait for the next update. Your translation was committed a bit after the last update of the unit db.
Thanks for your answer! I'm just too excited to see the changes.
avtandil-games

Post by avtandil-games »

I was hoping to knock out https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/3949

So I'm trying to build the units db locally and it looks like there's some sort of issue with the 'Under the Burning Suns' campaign? Their defined custom unit_movement is erroring out ./wmlunits
The {WOODLAND_RESISTANCE} tag doesn't appear to be defined in time to resolve in the campaign's units.cfg.

I'm super new so I'm not familiar enough to troubleshoot, I'll ping back if I figure it out. In the meantime, I wonder if there's a safe commit in 1.15 I can roll back to? I'll try defining WOODLAND_RESISTANCE in the campaign file too.

Edit1: Okay, adding WOODLAND_RESISTANCE explicitly to the units file fixed the problem, but I assume that's not a desirable long term solution.
Now I'm just got a KeyError on the Dwarvish Rune Lord. I assume the unit id isn't defined in some necessary and appropriate space.

Edit2: Figured it out, ignore me. The script is just picky about its input parameters, and imagemagick is a missing listed dependency maybe?
Spirit_of_Currents

Post by Spirit_of_Currents »

I wish some database would tell the exact effects of every single ability and weapon special.

It would also be nice being able to see any special AMLAs.

Those could provide inspiration for new add-ons.
There are very much electrical currents in my brain.
lea

Post by lea »

Spirit_of_Currents wrote: September 17th, 2021, 11:06 am I wish some database would tell the exact effects of every single ability and weapon special.

It would also be nice being able to see any special AMLAs.

Those could provide inspiration for new add-ons.
especially for AMLAs as they cannot be seen on units that can acquire them and even on units that already have them

EDIT: apparently AMLAs available for given unit can be seen in tooltip of unit level indicator when unit is highlighted
still do not see any way to see AMLAs for units not currently present on map
Last edited by lea on December 20th, 2021, 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

The database usually updates every wed. at midnight but it didn't this week. New schedule or might there be a problem?
ChristTrekker

Post by ChristTrekker »

Why is it that the unit tree advancements so often don't line up correctly?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

ChristTrekker wrote: March 17th, 2022, 7:12 pm Why is it that the unit tree advancements so often don't line up correctly?
I assume it's a limitation in the framework from which the Wesnoth units database is made. For instance, advancements enabled by [modify_unit_type] do not show up at all and level 5 and beyond share the same column. You can file a feature request for the UWO to be updated codewise.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

ChristTrekker wrote: March 17th, 2022, 7:12 pm Why is it that the unit tree advancements so often don't line up correctly?
Could be a bug in the era. I always check this database and I've found lots of errors that can best be seen here. It's very useful for debugging.

If you are referring to (for example) a level 2 unit that advances from 2 different level 1 units then that's likely what has already been posted, a limitation of the database since it is assumed that "normally" level 1 units branch into more than 1 level 2 but "never" the other way around.
Tezereth

Post by Tezereth »

I don’t know if it was reported yet, but the unit database isn’t showing the palette swap for unit that have them.
It’s not a huge bug in itself, but it’s kinda weird seeing a « golden statue » as a regular draug
Occasional Sprite animator, and maker of the following add-ons :
Warfare of far lands (1.16)
egallager

Post by egallager »

Hey, so, people are wondering about the unit database updating: viewtopic.php?t=56103
lea

Post by lea »

Atreides wrote: March 19th, 2022, 5:39 pmIf you are referring to (for example) a level 2 unit that advances from 2 different level 1 units then that's likely what has already been posted, a limitation of the database since it is assumed that "normally" level 1 units branch into more than 1 level 2 but "never" the other way around.
yes, if there are multiple advancement paths to certain unit then this unit and all its advancement paths are repeated multiple times, one per advancement path to this unit
egallager wrote: July 28th, 2022, 12:16 am Hey, so, people are wondering about the unit database updating: viewtopic.php?t=56103
to developers: maybe post the link to the script that generates it so that someone with enough tech aptitude can try to generate it and maybe post elsewhere as unofficial unit database?
author of: Altered Era/Ruleset (AKA "Altera"), latest version is on add-ons servers for BfW 1.16 and 1.14, latest version also still supports BfW 1.12 and 1.10, 1.10 server is stuck with older buggy version)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

to developers: maybe post the link to the script that generates it so that someone with enough tech aptitude can try to generate it and maybe post elsewhere as unofficial unit database?
Try this one https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/tree ... /unit_tree
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

lea wrote: July 28th, 2022, 12:16 am maybe post the link to the script that generates it so that someone with enough tech aptitude can try to generate it and maybe post elsewhere as unofficial unit database?
viewtopic.php?p=638659#p638659
I had it online until normal one was fixed and people started complaining mine was not up to date.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

It seems something fails with 1.16 base specifically. 1.14 database was updated today.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Atreides

Post by Atreides »

I just saw that 1.16 was updated Oct. 20 after many weeks of not. Hurrah, thanks to whomever/whatever is responsible.