Wesnoth Units database - how frequently it regenerates?

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Generous

Wesnoth Units database - how frequently it regenerates?

Post by Generous »

at the bottom of units tree database page - http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/mainline/ ... nline.html
I could see "generated on Sat Feb 7 00:41:47 2015".

What is a schedule of these regenerations?

I am curious because I've submitted a new era and would like to be able to see online unit tree for it
ChaosRider

Re: Wesnoth Units database - how frequently it regenerates?

Post by ChaosRider »

That's a really interesting topic - atleast for me - I also would like to know what is required (or how it should be done) to see your era at Wesnoth tree database online page.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Since this isn't a bug report for mainline, but a question about how a certain part of the website works, I moved this topic to the proper forum.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Generous

Post by Generous »

ChaosRider wrote:That's a really interesting topic - atleast for me - I also would like to know what is required (or how it should be done) to see your era at Wesnoth tree database online page.
This WML parser looks through all the submitted add-ons automatically.
But, it is required to code an add-on in a proper ("not-difficult") way, so that wml parser would successfully "understand" your add-on and parse it into a unit tree.

Here is a link to problems with various add-ons: http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/overview.html
If the authors of add-ons would fix these problems, their unit trees should be visible as well
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Generous wrote:Here is a link to problems with various add-ons: http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/overview.html
If the authors of add-ons would fix these problems, their unit trees should be visible as well
Im creating for now on 1.10 (so I check it here http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/overview.html), so in my both WOTG and MWC addons I have 1 error for each of them.

for WOTG
Spoiler:
This one higher I will look in unit code (my first guess).

for MWC
Spoiler:
This one higher I don't know for now where I should look for.

Once I will be at home I will take a closer look on it.
Last edited by ChaosRider on February 15th, 2015, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I can understand timeout for ageless, but why is OrociaRandomMod also with timeout, I dont even have new unit types there, everything is referenced from ageless.

Then again would be nice to be able to request more time to indeed make ageless work there.

Most of wml error seem to be for animation macro change between 1.10 and 1.12.
beetlenaut
Developer

Post by beetlenaut »

Generous wrote:If the authors of add-ons would fix these problems, their unit trees should be visible as well
I didn't know about that list, but it doesn't seem very helpful: Every add-on is said to define CAMPAIGN_Trader and have a problem with Pirateship.cfg included from Trader/_main.cfg. So, there is apparently a poorly written campaign that is causing errors for all the rest.
Campaigns: Dead Water,
The Founding of Borstep,
Secrets of the Ancients,
and WML Guide
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

beetlenaut wrote:
Generous wrote:If the authors of add-ons would fix these problems, their unit trees should be visible as well
I didn't know about that list, but it doesn't seem very helpful: Every add-on is said to define CAMPAIGN_Trader and have a problem with Pirateship.cfg included from Trader/_main.cfg. So, there is apparently a poorly written campaign that is causing errors for all the rest.
I believe this is exactly where 1.10 and 1.12 difference shows up. Like this random error message about this

Code: Select all

79838 /home/allefant/1.12/temp/wmlparser_2aMrhk/wmlparser_bGW2Kg.cfg.plain
1 /home/allefant/1.12/temp/wmlparser_mJqwDj.cfg
Defines: SKIP_CORE,CAMPAIGN_Trader,EASY
Battle for Wesnoth v1.10.7+dev
Started on Sat Feb 7 02:30:21 2015
20150207 02:30:28 error config: preprocessor symbol 'MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_MISS' expects 2 arguments, but has 0 arguments at ~add-ons/Trader/units/mechanic/Pirateship.cfg:59
 included from ~add-ons/Trader/_main.cfg:262
 included from /home/allefant/1.12/temp/wmlparser_bGW2Kg.cfg:1
First line gives impression that testing is done with 1.12.
Line 4 shows 1.10.

I know from personal experience that MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_MISS did change required amount of arguments between 1.10 and 1.12
For 1.12 its

#define MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_MISS X Y
    missile_start_time=-250
    missile_offset=0.1
    missile_halo_x={X}
    missile_halo_y={Y}
    [missile_frame]
        halo="projectiles/misfire-spark-[1~4].png:100"
    [/missile_frame]
#enddef
and for 1.10

#define MISSILE_FRAME_MUZZLE_FLARE_MISS
    missile_start_time=-250
    missile_offset=0.1
    [missile_frame]
        duration=100
        halo="projectiles/misfire-spark-1.png"
    [/missile_frame]
    [missile_frame]
        duration=100
        halo="projectiles/misfire-spark-2.png"
    [/missile_frame]
    [missile_frame]
        duration=100
        halo="projectiles/misfire-spark-3.png"
    [/missile_frame]
    [missile_frame]
        duration=100
        halo="projectiles/misfire-spark-4.png"
    [/missile_frame]
#enddef
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

In MWC only thing which is ending in name with "list.cfg" is "items list.cfg" - it doesnt show whole name of file in which is problem. This file looks like this:
Spoiler:
I see no reason why here should be error and what is this "invalid literal for int() with base 10" - "base 10" (why not with base 9, or 8 or any other number)?
GbDorn

Post by GbDorn »

Generous wrote:If the authors of add-ons would fix these problems, their unit trees should be visible as well.
I may be wrong but I think the units database only lists campaigns/eras/factions with at least one non-mainline unit, so many add-ons wouldn't be listed even if they were error-free.
beetlenaut wrote:I didn't know about that list, but it doesn't seem very helpful: Every add-on is said to define CAMPAIGN_Trader and have a problem with Pirateship.cfg included from Trader/_main.cfg. So, there is apparently a poorly written campaign that is causing errors for all the rest.
That would be Strange Legacy - Trader which is listed for all campaigns on e.g. http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/A_Beastly_Tale/index.html or http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/Children_ ... index.html.

Another weird thing is 'Wesnoth v1.10.7+dev' being displayed for 1.12 error logs, as Ravana said.

Should the units database's 1.12 branch list UMCs only from 'addons.wesnoth.org/1.12' (and 'addons.wesnoth.org/1.11')? Or UMCs from 'addons.wesnoth.org/1.10' too? Because the list here http://units.wesnoth.org/1.12/overview.html certainly does not match addons.wesnoth.org/1.12 but seems to contain all add-ons from http://units.wesnoth.org/1.10/overview.html (I haven't checked).
For example the campaigns 'A New Order', 'A Story of the Northlands', or 'County of Beichlingen' appear on 'units.wesnoth.org/1.12' but not on 'addons.wesnoth.org/1.12' or 'addons.wesnoth.org/1.11'. They appear on 'addons.wesnoth.org/1.10' however.

Edit: typo and layout
Last edited by GbDorn on February 16th, 2015, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

beetlenaut wrote:
I didn't know about that as well, but I suppose that a poorly made add-on shouldn't generate a chain of errors - except on itself, of course.
I'm under the impression that this may be a heavy bug with the script, and that one of us should send a PM to allefant, including as much details as possible (I don't have the time to do it right now).
ChaosRider wrote:I see no reason why here should be error and what is this "invalid literal for int() with base 10" - "base 10" (why not with base 9, or 8 or any other number)?
That's a Python error message:

>>> int('blah')

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    int('blah')
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'blah'
>>> 
This should confirm that the script is bugged. :|
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Addons server doesnt accept spaces in filenames, so this script doesnt need to account for them either.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Ok, so when addon is tested once again? I've already changed this file from cfg to txt (since there wasn't anything used by game), also deleted space in file name but still I see the same error. New version is uploaded on wesnoth 1.10 server.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

This is the same error, as in new version has not been tested. Anyways 1.10 is irrelevant, I dont think this is going to get updates on that site. Notice last updated times. November for 1.10.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

It wasnt be better to test such a addon after each update (with new version) on server or set up automatic testing once per week, month?