[website problem]Adding friends

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

[website problem]Adding friends

Post by Dugi »

I have noticed a problem with the friends group on the forums. I had a single person on the list, let's call him A. Then I typed the username of person B into the 'add new friends' box in user control panel. Person B was added, but person A was removed. I had to write both usernames there to have both person A and person B on the list.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: [website problem]Adding friends

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Dugi wrote:I have noticed a problem with the friends group on the forums. I had a single person on the list, let's call him A. Then I typed the username of person B into the 'add new friends' box in user control panel. Person B was added, but person A was removed. I had to write both usernames there to have both person A and person B on the list.
Never happened to me before. I just add people by opening their profile pages and then clicking on the add friend link. You should try that. It's time consuming, but it gets the job done. :)
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I was reporting a bug. I said that I know a workaround. I haven't seen the add friend link though, and that is more practical than always typing the entire friends list there.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Dugi wrote:I have noticed a problem with the friends group on the forums. I had a single person on the list, let's call him A. Then I typed the username of person B into the 'add new friends' box in user control panel. Person B was added, but person A was removed. I had to write both usernames there to have both person A and person B on the list.
Works for me. Perhaps your browser is automatically selecting friends from the “Your friends” list above the “Add new friends” section? That would slate them for removal on form submit.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Strange, when I tried it now, it worked as it should (same browser).