French review

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

matxer

French review

Post by matxer »

You may want to add the following review in the WesnothReview page:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/articles/0001/ ... h-test.htm

Please note that jeuxvideo.com is the leading video game site in French. Its forums are even among the most popular of all forums in French, whatever the specialty.

Also, the reader's review average scoring of 18/20 is incredibly high.
Dugi

Re: French review

Post by Dugi »

Idk who wrote that review, but it seems to me like too critical. Well, 2D graphics tend to cause bad ratings, I never considered the music to be amazing (because it is not heavy metal :D ), but low scores for playability, gameplay length and scenarios is in my opinion much underrated. He clearly had issues with english language or something and could not download the add-ons or what. With add-ons, wesnoth should definitely have gameplay length 20/20 and scenario quality also much higher. Also did he just play Heir to the Throne, and has never seen Descent into Darkness or Under the Burning Suns to give it 13/20 for scenarios? Or any of the more complicated add-ons? The author of that clearly wasn't really into that game, that also explains why he gave 16/20 to it and readers gave it about 18/20. There was a single rating that was giving it less points than the author of the article.

In my opinion, somebody should try to write a more positive review, without forgetting the add-ons and more complex campaigns. I would like to try, but I have not used French for way too long and can't use it well anymore.
matxer

Post by matxer »

Scenario 13/20 is underrated, agreed.

But for the rest, the ratings are pretty good. 16/20 is a very nice rating. Overall, I'm convinced this review is a good ad for the game.

Also this review gives access the reader's reviews which are all extremely positive.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Those are really good scores.