UMC Links

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Groggy_Dice
Inactive Developer

UMC Links

Post by Groggy_Dice »

The links to the stable and dev add-ons on the Useful Links are actually redirects, and they're still pointing to 1.8 and 1.9. At first, I figured that you were waiting for 1.10 to be widely adopted; then, that you were waiting for the dev branch to open up. Now that the 1.11 branch is open and the redirects still haven't been updated, I reckon that they must have been forgotten.

Another point I'm wondering about: what is going to be done with the add-ons in trunk that were written for the 1.9 cycle? Obviously there must be some process for cleaning out trunk UMC, or it would still have content for much earlier Wesnoth versions.

Also, although UMC-Dev is not part of the official website, I was wondering how often umcreg runs. I was looking at the registry page, and it said that it was auto-updated by umcreg. However, I noticed that neither of the projects in the 1.10 branch have those versions listed there.

(It's also surprising that only two projects are using the 1.10 branch; I would think that you would want to switch as many projects from trunk to 1.10 as possible, to keep them from being mixed up with projects for long-ago development versions. This problem will surely get more acute now that 1.11 is out. I've also noted before that while there is a UMC-Dev page on the wiki, neither the UMC-Dev site or its Sourceforge SVN have links on pages like UsefulLinks or DeveloperResources.)
Ports:
Prudence (Josh Roby) | By the Sword (monochromatic) | The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY)
Resources:
UMC Timeline (Dec) | List of Unported UMC (Dec) | wmllint++ (Feb)
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: UMC Links

Post by Iris »

Groggy_Dice wrote:The links to the stable and dev add-ons on the Useful Links are actually redirects, and they're still pointing to 1.8 and 1.9. At first, I figured that you were waiting for 1.10 to be widely adopted; then, that you were waiting for the dev branch to open up. Now that the 1.11 branch is open and the redirects still haven't been updated, I reckon that they must have been forgotten.
Fixed. I didn’t even know they existed.
Groggy_Dice wrote:Another point I'm wondering about: what is going to be done with the add-ons in trunk that were written for the 1.9 cycle? Obviously there must be some process for cleaning out trunk UMC, or it would still have content for much earlier Wesnoth versions.
The ‘trunk’ add-ons server is a test server and you probably shouldn’t be pulling content from it.
Groggy_Dice wrote:Also, although UMC-Dev is not part of the official website, I was wondering how often umcreg runs. I was looking at the registry page, and it said that it was auto-updated by umcreg. However, I noticed that neither of the projects in the 1.10 branch have those versions listed there.

(It's also surprising that only two projects are using the 1.10 branch; I would think that you would want to switch as many projects from trunk to 1.10 as possible, to keep them from being mixed up with projects for long-ago development versions. This problem will surely get more acute now that 1.11 is out. I've also noted before that while there is a UMC-Dev page on the wiki, neither the UMC-Dev site or its Sourceforge SVN have links on pages like UsefulLinks or DeveloperResources.)
You should ask Espreon to fix any inaccuracies, but I believe these days Wesnoth-UMC-Dev only uses branches when authors choose to use them. Since I implemented #ifver in mainline 1.9.x, it should also be possible to make add-on that work on both 1.10 and 1.12 in the future. For instance, this is the plan for IftU and AtS.

(Also note that the people that should be contacted for Wesnoth-UMC-Dev matters are listed on its contact page. This Website forum is only for subjects related to the official Wesnoth.org facilities.)
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.