Hammer on the spammers

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Dugi

Hammer on the spammers

Post by Dugi »

I must tell that the last spammer wasn't such as idiot as the previous one, who had a serious language error in the topic title, Your best choose, but these spammers are really loathsome pests who are motivating me to believe in God, because then there would be a hell for this scum to burn in, so I came up with two ideas to stop them.

Idea 1. When somebody's first post (or any other post that was made shortly after that) is reported, all his posts are hidden until a moderator decides about the report.

Idea 2. The registration form should require some really minimal knowledge about Wesnoth, like 'name one king of Wesnoth'.
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Hammer on the spammers

Post by Iris »

Both have been considered before. The first can be easily abused against legitimate posts, and I’m sure there are people who wouldn’t be able to answer Wesnoth-specific questions, especially if they are prospective players or joined the forums to ask some other on-topic question.

In either case, thanks for your opinion.

Locked.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.