[forum] A little feature request.

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Xudo

[forum] A little feature request.

Post by Xudo »

Button "Full Editor" in frame "Quick reply" now simply moves user to full page editor.
Is it possible to move users to full page editor with preview of users message? (similar to button "Preview" in full page editor)
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Re: [forum] A little feature request.

Post by Astoria »

You mean, you can preview when using quick reply?
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

I think he's suggesting that, when in "quick reply" mode, clicking the "full editor" mode would produce the same result as clicking the "preview" button would have if you were already in the "full editor" mode. Personally, I think it would make more sense to add a "preview" button to "quick reply" mode that accomplishes the same thing.

At any rate, this suggestion is better suited to the website forum, so I'll move the topic over there.
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

A preview function for Quick Reply is not an upstream feature, nor it is provided by any of the officially validated/audited mods. I may consider adding this possibility here myself, but I don't consider it a priority.

Coincidentally, Gambit also asked me about this on IRC the other day.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

Looks like simply adding one more submit button (with name="preview") to the Quick Reply form would be enough, the previewing itself is already done by the receiving script.

Code: Select all

<input class="btnlite" type="submit" tabindex="8" name="preview" value="Preview" />
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Marking as solved since the feature is now implemented.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Xudo

Post by Xudo »

Thanks for this work. This is really useful one.