1v1 Replays! (THE ARCHIVE)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ereksos

new charge

Post by ereksos »

dk vs ereksos, with lotsa historical discussion, anyone who is interested in the era before and after pax romania will find it interesting. :D
Attachments
DK_(orc)_p1_vs_Ereksos_(orc)_p2.txt
dk vs e
(57.98 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
EREKSOS
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Doc Paterson wrote:Yes sir. For all of these reasons, it's the closest thing to an anti-loyalist unit that the Drakes have.
*calculates*

So it's stronger than a Spearman in straight combat on Grassland. The Spearman takes the cake when it has any kind of defensive positions, and the Clasher doesn't have the crucial advantage of Flight. When you play against your nemesis, you need to be different, because if you're the same but weaker, you'll just lose straight out.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:Yes sir. For all of these reasons, it's the closest thing to an anti-loyalist unit that the Drakes have.
*calculates*

So it's stronger than a Spearman in straight combat on Grassland. The Spearman takes the cake when it has any kind of defensive positions, and the Clasher doesn't have the crucial advantage of Flight. When you play against your nemesis, you need to be different, because if you're the same but weaker, you'll just lose straight out.
The Crucial Advantage of Flight. :P How many times during that game with Soliton did your units cross between fronts? (Outside of the many times that you dropped burners and fighters into the lake, where they were slaughtered by merfolk.) Maybe you didn't understand what DK said, so I'll give it to you slower. The important points:

-The Clasher destroys Horsmen, (+20 percent more damage), compared to the blade-weilding Fighter which the Horseman resists.

-The Clasher is not weak against Pierce.

-The Clasher does massive damage, which becomes absurd damage with Leadership.

-Its HP is incredible. Close to 50 half of the time.

-It has an extremely good movetype and is actually more mobile than most units, despite its lack of flying.

-Lastly, and most signigficantly (I'd hoped this would be obvious, but it seems it wasn't)- You're not using all Clashers. It's a support unit. :P

The Clasher wants to be your friend. Stop pushing him away. Let him into your home.

8)
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
because I don't want your hostile disease / to spread all over the world.
I prefer that corner to remain hidden /
without your noses.
-Nosebane, Sorcerer Supreme
Elvish_Pillager

Doc Paterson wrote:The Crucial Advantage of Flight. :P How many times during that game with Soliton did your units cross between fronts?
It's not just crossing between fronts. Both fronts are filled with forest, which the Fighter can move about 6 hexes over and the Clasher can move about 2 hexes over... Considering the hills, mountains, swamp, and water, I'd still rate the Fighter at about twice as much mobility.
Doc Paterson wrote:(Outside of the many times that you dropped burners and fighters into the lake, where they were slaughtered by merfolk.)
Until the endgame, they killed at least as many mermen as the mermen killed them...
Doc Paterson wrote:-The Clasher destroys Horsmen, (+20 percent more damage), compared to the blade-weilding Fighter which the Horseman resists.
yeah, however horsemen were not critical in the game. There were two horsemen, one was killed by my leader, the other never saw combat.
Doc Paterson wrote:-The Clasher is not weak against Pierce.
Horsemen and Bowmen were not an issue in this game, and the Clasher fights to a draw at best with Spearmen anyway, assuming the amount of defensive terrain around that map. The Clasher also can't fight against Mermen practically, which my Fighters and Burners did.
Doc Paterson wrote:-The Clasher does massive damage, which becomes absurd damage with Leadership.
It does 3 more damage than the Fighter! If it actually reaches combat with the Spearmen, it does better than the Fighter, but then it has a much harder time retreating, and it had a harder time getting there in the first place.
Doc Paterson wrote:-Its HP is incredible. Close to 50 half of the time.
The Drake Fighter's HP is incredible! It's close to 46 half the time! :P
Doc Paterson wrote:-Lastly, and most signigficantly (I'd hoped this would be obvious, but it seems it wasn't)- You're not using all Clashers. It's a support unit. :P
I could see how you'd use an army of Clashers with flying support... although I suppose that's the same thing you're referring to, just providing the army consists of 1 or 2 units :P
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Doc Paterson wrote:The Crucial Advantage of Flight. :P How many times during that game with Soliton did your units cross between fronts?
It's not just crossing between fronts. Both fronts are filled with forest, which the Fighter can move about 6 hexes over and the Clasher can move about 2 hexes over... Considering the hills, mountains, swamp, and water, I'd still rate the Fighter at about twice as much mobility.
Doc Paterson wrote:(Outside of the many times that you dropped burners and fighters into the lake, where they were slaughtered by merfolk.)
Until the endgame, they killed at least as many mermen as the mermen killed them...
Doc Paterson wrote:-The Clasher destroys Horsmen, (+20 percent more damage), compared to the blade-weilding Fighter which the Horseman resists.
yeah, however horsemen were not critical in the game. There were two horsemen, one was killed by my leader, the other never saw combat.
Doc Paterson wrote:-The Clasher is not weak against Pierce.
Horsemen and Bowmen were not an issue in this game, and the Clasher fights to a draw at best with Spearmen anyway, assuming the amount of defensive terrain around that map. The Clasher also can't fight against Mermen practically, which my Fighters and Burners did.
Doc Paterson wrote:-The Clasher does massive damage, which becomes absurd damage with Leadership.
It does 3 more damage than the Fighter! If it actually reaches combat with the Spearmen, it does better than the Fighter, but then it has a much harder time retreating, and it had a harder time getting there in the first place.
Doc Paterson wrote:-Its HP is incredible. Close to 50 half of the time.
The Drake Fighter's HP is incredible! It's close to 46 half the time! :P
Doc Paterson wrote:-Lastly, and most signigficantly (I'd hoped this would be obvious, but it seems it wasn't)- You're not using all Clashers. It's a support unit. :P
I could see how you'd use an army of Clashers with flying support... although I suppose that's the same thing you're referring to, just providing the army consists of 1 or 2 units :P
You killed mermen by sheer luck, and that's not a matter of opinion. It would be to your detriment to make decisions in future games based on such unlikelihoods as hitting a merman 3 out of 4 times with a Burner (the sort of thing that happened in that game a lot.

The truth of the matter is, you failed to win a game in which you had unreasonably good luck; you used a lot of Fighters and a lot of Burners. Could there be a strong connection between your play choices and the outcome? I'm telling you that in my opinion, your recruitment choices were poor. Does the evidence indicate that what you did was correct? Drakes can and do beat good loyalist players, but barring luck even better than yours, they will not succeed with a Burner/Fighter-based army.

I'd appreciate it if we could take all of this off topic clutter and throw it in another thread. Would any Mods with Powers like to assist?
I will not tell you my corner / where threads don't get locked because of mostly no reason /
without your noses.
Elvish_Pillager

Doc Paterson wrote:You killed mermen by sheer luck, and that's not a matter of opinion. It would be to your detriment to make decisions in future games based on such unlikelihoods as hitting a merman 3 out of 4 times with a Burner (the sort of thing that happened in that game a lot.
That didn't affect the outcome. If you attack a Merman in ranged with 2 or 3 drakes, then even if you get unlucky, the Merman will be dead at the end of the day. 3 Drake Fighters can kill a merman in water too, since each takes only double damage.
Doc Paterson wrote:The truth of the matter is, you failed to win a game in which you had unreasonably good luck; you used a lot of Fighters and a lot of Burners. Could there be a strong connection between your play choices and the outcome?
Well, since I have absolutely no experience in handling clashers, probably no, I would have lost either way.
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

Elvish Pillager wrote: That didn't affect the outcome. If you attack a Merman in ranged with 2 or 3 drakes, then even if you get unlucky, the Merman will be dead at the end of the day.
Do you really believe that you can attack a merman with two drakes, be unlucky, and kill the merman? :P

No further questions, Your Honor.

Seriously, we don't need to keep filling space in this thread discussing this.

More replays are on their way.....
without your noses.
iku_yo

DopeyGSkunky vs Iku Yo

Post by iku_yo »

Here it is again, just for the convenience of being in the archive
Attachments
DopeyGSkunky_vs_IkuYo.txt
(119.38 KiB) Downloaded 336 times
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

these are all cool
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

oooo You've all got to watch this one.

Sir Fantom (P1, Elves) vs. Calhoun (P2, Elves) on Blitz.

Sir Fantom: "I am a very good player. So I should be fine."
:x

Suffice it to say, this is a very satisfying match. :twisted:

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/paterson/ ... s._Calhoun

Captain Lysander (P1, Elves) vs. Paterson (P2, Knalgans) on Den of Onis.

Before the match-

Cat Stevens (logs in)
Captain: Cat Stevens?
Cat Stevens: Yes?
Captain: Do you really like Cat Stevens?
Cat Stevens: I AM Cat Stevens.
Captain: It's just you have chosen a really wierd name.
Cat Stevens: I'm also known as Yusef Islam.

Cat Stevens creates a game, and Lysander immediately joins. 8)

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/paterson/ ... ._Paterson
without your noses.
STNA NarSissi

Post by STNA NarSissi »

Elvish Pillager wrote:This is a rather long and interesting game between me (player 1, Drakes) and Soliton (player 2, Loyalists). I don't think I've played such an interesting game of Wesnoth in months.

That doesn't mean I'm going to play Drakes in the future, though. :P
'
you should watch the upper one where me and soliton play
Doc Paterson
Drake Cartographer

Post by Doc Paterson »

STNA NarSissi wrote:
Elvish Pillager wrote:This is a rather long and interesting game between me (player 1, Drakes) and Soliton (player 2, Loyalists). I don't think I've played such an interesting game of Wesnoth in months.

That doesn't mean I'm going to play Drakes in the future, though. :P
'
That was a nice match, yeah.

(It might interest you to know that for balancing purposes, the forest in Meteor Lake will be a bit reduced, in 1.0.2.) 8)
without your noses.
STNA NarSissi

Post by STNA NarSissi »

Doc Paterson wrote:
STNA NarSissi wrote:'
That was a nice match, yeah.

(It might interest you to know that for balancing purposes, the forest in Meteor Lake will be a bit reduced, in 1.0.2.) 8)
That don t bother me, its good i think, but you are not supposet to let your opponent to your forest so its not a big difference of course there are tactical needs to do so... :) I ll like to play agains you patterson. And yes Meteor Lake is my favorite :) for mobility it could be nice... cauthing scout in there is pain in the ass if you have let him to pass your lines...
(S)elfish weirdo
Location: Trying to finish Mystery campaigns without losses, have completed 0% of the maps so far.

Post by (S)elfish weirdo »

Here is a one versus one between my treehuggers and the northies of SirFantom on the Den of onis, the game lasted 117 turns... need I say more?
Attachments
117_turn_game_replay.zip
Here be'th thee replay, split into two parts
(56.17 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
A statement within a signature is a body of absolutist assertions designed to shelter those who cannot abide the cold, hard realities of actually having to prove their claims.
calhoun

new charge

Post by calhoun »

Erekos (Orcs) vs Calhoun (Loyalists) in our first encounter. A hard fought fight.

Note: this is the actual save so click the "show replay" checkbox to see the replay.

--
Calhoun
Attachments
Calhoun_(loyalist)_p1_vs_Erekos_(orc)_p2.txt
Erekos vs Calhoun
(251.69 KiB) Downloaded 313 times