Artifact Mod and World Conquest 2

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bil

Artifact Mod and World Conquest 2

Post by bil »

I've taken all the artifacts out of WC2 (with all the necessary strings and lua), and merged them into the Artifact Mod. They both have the open license, but I'm not sure, I wanted to check with the owners to see if it's ok to release this. Call it, "WC2 Artifacts Mod". Is this something people would want?
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: Artifact Mod and World Conquest 2

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

bil wrote: August 24th, 2021, 10:19 am I've taken all the artifacts out of WC2 (with all the necessary strings and lua), and merged them into the Artifact Mod. They both have the open license, but I'm not sure, I wanted to check with the owners to see if it's ok to release this. Call it, "WC2 Artifacts Mod". Is this something people would want?
Can you give some screenshots or descriptions to show how it would work?
Like is it a mod which just adds in artifacts on any map for campaigns? Or, is it something else?
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

You are able to do this. Consider becoming maintainer of artifact mod.
bil

Post by bil »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: August 24th, 2021, 11:49 am Can you give some screenshots or descriptions to show how it would work?
Like is it a mod which just adds in artifacts on any map for campaigns? Or, is it something else?
It uses the Artifact Mod as a base, meaning once per scenario you can right click on your leader and create a magic item from a list. I simply added all the artifacts from WC2 to the list.
Ravana wrote: August 24th, 2021, 12:10 pm You are able to do this. Consider becoming maintainer of artifact mod.
Ravana wrote: August 24th, 2021, 12:10 pm You are able to do this. Consider becoming maintainer of artifact mod.
How would I go about becoming the maintainer? I'm also considering designing a dynamic item creation system. Like the one in Diablo.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Message authors of affected addons and if there are no objections in reasonable time, consider it done.