Survival Map "balancing" Advice Needed

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Survival Map "balancing" Advice Needed

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Hello, I am trying to make a survival coop/solo scenario. However, I have hit a snag in determining whether the map might be considered okay or unbalanced.
Map Screenshot
Map-Screenshot_003.jpg
Does the map look okay? Or, is there any change I have to do? I am posting it here for advice and tips since MP coop map making is not my area of expertise.

My first playthrough (after patching most of the bugs with Lua) lasted until turn 19 when I got overwhelmed.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Elven

Re: Survival Map "balancing" Advice Needed

Post by Elven »

maybe too open for a survival map. you can add some unpassable terrain to live longer
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Defendable villages decide how easy it is to survive.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Defendable villages decide how easy it is to survive.
maybe too open for a survival map. you can add some unpassable terrain to live longer
I have updated the map a bit. Moved one faraway village to be near the keep of side 3. Additionally, there will be a healer at 16,9. Stationary. AI controlled.
Map-Screenshot_005.jpg
Note: the weather might change every AI turn.

You might have guessed it by now that this is heavily inspired from Dark Forecast.

My initial playtesting...I got to the final waves but they seem to be a bit too much...So, I need to do some more testing before the official release of this survival. Anyway, more commentary on the map is welcomed and appreciated.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium