LotI Advancements and LotI RPG Era

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

dwarftough

LotI Advancements and LotI RPG Era

Post by dwarftough »

Hello everyone! I'm proud to introduce a new extremely experimental add-on, LotI RPG Era.

The era consists of all units with AMLAs from Legend of the Invincibles campaign. Also I added several more units and LotI style advancements for them, more units coming.

The era consists of 5 leagues, I composed leagues based on my estimation of units' strength. Units of the Base League are standard, most 4lvl, units with AMLAs. Units of the Senior League are considered to be more powerful than the Base League. Units of the Young League are considered inferior or not so powerful compared to the Base League. The Dragon League consists of two dragon-like units, I added it only because large dragons' sprites made a grid in the Senior League look ugly :) and the Novelty League is for units with LotI-style AMLAs introduced by me, for now it's Armageddon Drake and Doom Bat.

The add-on is extremely experimental, so don't be shy to report bugs :) the latest version (0.0.0a from Jan 22) was patched to work with SXC for example. Also the era doesn't work with the standard Colosseum for some reason, you may try a patched version called 'LotI Colosseum'.
Last edited by dwarftough on February 22nd, 2022, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
wolfsilver00

Re: LotI RPG Era: extremely experimental add-on

Post by wolfsilver00 »

Hey, your other mod (has no forum post) Lotl Advancements is amazing, but whenever a unit advances out of turn (if an enemy attacks it and makes it advance) I get an error and sometimes the unit even disappears...

This does not happen in local, only in multiplayer

EDIT: after further testing, i found that its an incompatibility with Eagle 11s Extra advancements for default.. Weird this is, that mod has never given me any problem with other advancements but this one. And the error happens even if the unit involved is not levelling up to anything from LotI.

For example, a dwarf steelclad level 2, will upgrade to a lord and the error will happen, even if the lord is not added by this mod and is not part of the Extra advancements for default.
Last edited by wolfsilver00 on April 12th, 2021, 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wolfsilver00

Post by wolfsilver00 »

Here is a photo of the error..

dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

wolfsilver00 wrote: April 12th, 2021, 3:42 pm Here is a photo of the error..
Hi, thank you for the feedback! I appreciate it so much! Tbh I neglected LotI Advancements a bit, I thought an era would be more interesting. I should upload at least an SXC fix to LotI advancements too.

Well, the bug seems familiar to me, like I had the same error when the advancing screen appears without ending. This mistake I've seen in Colosseum, that's why I made a patched LotI Colosseum. If I have time, I'll try to look what can cause the incompatibility with Eagle's mod, but overall LotI's code is very fragile and lots of bug probably can be found.
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
vghetto

Post by vghetto »

There's a wesnoth bug where calling [modify_unit] in a advance or pre advance events will throw a stack overflow error.
This might be one of those cases.

https://github.com/wesnoth/wesnoth/issues/5298
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Kinda late but publish 1.0.0 versions for LotI RPG Era and LotI Advancements on 1.14. Maybe will release for 1.16 soon
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

LotI Advancements on 1.16 has been published. Post feedback on any bugs you've noticed
Redbox

Re: LotI Advancements and LotI RPG Era

Post by Redbox »

Hello, i do not know if this still alive or not, but this mod/add-on do not working anymore in the new wesnoth.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Redbox wrote: June 28th, 2022, 1:19 am Hello, i do not know if this still alive or not, but this mod/add-on do not working anymore in the new wesnoth.
Which one? What error does it show if any?
Redbox

Post by Redbox »

dwarftough wrote: June 28th, 2022, 8:51 am
Redbox wrote: June 28th, 2022, 1:19 am Hello, i do not know if this still alive or not, but this mod/add-on do not working anymore in the new wesnoth.
Which one? What error does it show if any?
the add-on working fine. its just, I had the wrong idea about this addon lol XD
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Fixed a bug that the Swordmaster file wasn't included, so Royal Guard's loti advancement didn't work