kaindi1 such bad manners!

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lok ta ogar

kaindi1 such bad manners!

Post by lok ta ogar »

wow i havnt played for that long, but i thought this would be an enjoyable game to relax and play online. I have now myself to be incorrect. Players like kaindi1 boot players if they start to beat them and have no mannners in play what so ever. All i want to do is play game online, are there any players out there that speak english and get on regularly, that have better manners then this jerk that i can play. I will exclude evish pillgrimage because i saw how much mannners he had in other game we played earlier, and xgdpx because he isnt a jerk and actually likes to play instead of whine and boot players also. Where is the community of game playing when players have such bad manners?
Gafgarion

Re: kaindi1 such bad manners!

Post by Gafgarion »

lok ta ogar wrote:wow i havnt played for that long, but i thought this would be an enjoyable game to relax and play online. I have now myself to be incorrect. Players like kaindi1 boot players if they start to beat them and have no mannners in play what so ever. All i want to do is play game online, are there any players out there that speak english and get on regularly, that have better manners then this jerk that i can play. I will exclude evish pillgrimage because i saw how much mannners he had in other game we played earlier, and xgdpx because he isnt a jerk and actually likes to play instead of whine and boot players also. Where is the community of game playing when players have such bad manners?
Well I can only speak for myself and the people I play MP with regularly but we usually play private games and intentionally avoid public MP. You could try logging onto the Wesnoth IRC channel (irc.freenode.net, channel #Wesnoth) and seeing if anyone wants to play a match, I've had much better luck playing good games doing this (although admittedly I haven't had a chance to play in a while).
-Gafgarion
Elvish Pillager wrote:Normal Trolls use clubs, not ostriches.
"Language is the source of misunderstandings." -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

I don't really encounter these people, apparently. The worst people I've met don't do anything worse than swearing and complaining about how I use proper english. I've had a mainly enjoyable experience on the MP server.

P.S.: Nice to see you on the forum.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

I've met a few obnoxious people on the server, but most people I've played are very nice. I even play under a pseudonym from time to time so people don't treat me nicely just because I'm a developer, and I still found that most people are friendly.

Suggestions for a better moderation system are welcome.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
Shade

he he

Post by Shade »

Dave wrote:I even play under a pseudonym from time to time so people don't treat me nicely just because I'm a developer, and I still found that most people are friendly.
I haven't played much public MP in quite a while... I always liked turning up as Shade- I've gotten lots of good feedback that way. We had this chat before :) [Playing as Anonymous can be fun as well]

Albeit, with the growth of the popularity of Wesnoth many people don't know who I am anymore anyway...
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Noy
Inactive Developer

Post by Noy »

I for one will stick up for Kaindi here because he told me what had happened, and I saw the end of it. I have played many a game (at least a dozen) with him and I have NEVER seen him boot anybody, or act rudly in any way. I don't think he posts here so I will stand up for him in his stead.

Kaindi's actions was directly a reaction to lok's rude comments and actions in a game, and was no way precipitated by what was happening in the game. In actuallity, the game was fairly balanced at that time. He was making some very very rude comments that I will not repeat here. Kaindi asked him to stop, then booted him. Then Kaindi refused to let him play in the next game. I would not have let him either, because I spectated him playing earlier, and did not think he had sufficient skill. It was at this point where Lok started going off about whatever. If anybody was to be moderated it was Lok.

In addition I would like to say that I love the Wesnoth MP community. I played 6 years of starcraft on Bnet, and I've seen some of the worst a MP community has to offer. This group we have here is very good and rarely has a problem.
lok ta ogar

Post by lok ta ogar »

As you say you came in at the end of the whole thing. I was before you came in talking to a player xpbx not to be confused with the other one without the Xs about a game called warcraft 3. Then since i thought the game was going slowly i kept up the conversation. Then kaindi yelled at us because he said "this is not a tech support forum, or b-net sponcered". Myself i said ok whatever, we were also talking about how to fix this guys audio in the game.

Ok this is the weird part kaindi started saying he lost everyone leave lets go everyone we lost... can we start over? how bout another game this one was lost cause of yellow... so on and so on. I ask if we could finish cause im rather new, he grudly keeps playing. I lose my leader alittle while later, and say something like "omg my luck sucks ass" then none of my units hit his unit on red with 1 hp.. i say say "damnit so close". Then i say i might aswell leave cause i have lost, like he was doing earlier in the game, kinda funny dialog i thought. He says shut up. I ask why, with a smiley at the end i guess cause i thought it was funny(guess this got him mad?). He boots me.

Next he quits the game i guess he lost? Then i politely ask why he booted me. Then he calls me a noob (not deneying that i am but such name calling is really called for?) Then i go into the game he makes after he says it is another open 2v2. Then he says some negative things my way, i ask why he is being so bad mannered and ask why i cant play. Then he calls me a jackass and an [censored] and i am no fun to play with, so the i leave.... so noy i dont know where you came in, but i still dont see why you make me out to be the aggressor if you only have half the story.

P.S: sorry i left a game earlier today 5 way ffa, i had to get the phone, i think like 2 other players with sorry guys i forgot it was on, you should have just booted me after then 10 mins sorry to hang up that game.
ruebe

Post by ruebe »

hi,

i am the one lok is talking about, and maybe some of you are interested in my side of the story.
usually i am a very patient person. even if people are talking a lot of [censored] i just don t listen. maybe tell them in a friendly way when they offend me or others to stop that. and after the game try to avoid playing with them again. because i play for fun, not for reading stupid and senseless comments.

in that game yesterday, lok and an observer flooded the in game chat with everything but game concerns. i three times asked them to stop, or go to a chat room to talk about the things they want to talk about. it was no use. we had a hard stand, that is true. but usually i am not a bad loser. when lok let his leader in my attack range i attacked and killed him. then lok startet to vituperate, was very homophobic ("hey, this is gay" ...) and didn t stop anymore. that was the time i decided to ban him. i havent got my time stolen. i want to play in friendly coexistance, but that s not possible with everyone. so i took the decision that i don t wanted to play with him any longer.

the people who know me can surely tell that i don t act this way very often. but sometimes i feel it s necessary, for some people really plead for it.

btw: i never called him a "jackass" (i don t even know what that means), or an ashole, i didn t use any bad words against him, that is a lie. i just told him to leave for i didn t want to play with him. that s all.

just my 2 cents
The number of the Beast: vi vi vi
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

This sounds like a misunderstanding to me. They happen all the time; I suggest we drop it, we don't want to generate more bad feelings over something little like an argument and a game.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
AT

Post by AT »

In the future, please could everyone make these kind of posts in the 'Off Topic' section? While I like personal disputes made public as much as the next guy, a 'Devlopement' forum isn't the place to do it. :)
Gandalf-"I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the Flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You cannot pass!"
AT- "That sounds like more trouble than it's worth."