Wesmoba

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PapaSmurfReloaded

Wesmoba

Post by PapaSmurfReloaded »

This is the topic of my new add-on "Wesmoba", which contains 3 MOBA-like scenarios (1v1, 2v2 and 3v3).
Attachments
wesmoba.png
hay207
Double Style Tourney #1 Champ

Re: Wesmoba

Post by hay207 »

Seems nice, Keep up the good work. Will test.
Ports: Velensk's tower defense, dov's deep shrine, Scrolling survival, Scrolling survival Co-op, Temples of the nagas.
Addons: Tower defense maps , some ANL scenarios like: ANL 3p "A New Land" survival type, and ANL Co-operative map for 2p
PapaSmurfReloaded

New version, the Crystal Orb now have a higher resistance to damage.
GrandMarshalEmil

Post by GrandMarshalEmil »

Hi there! Played this map with a few friends. Is there any way the recruit list could be changed? As it is, it's a bit overpowered at early levels and once the relatively cheap upgrades to the hero stack up they become less of a hassle and more of a chore to keep recruiting.
PapaSmurfReloaded

GrandMarshalEmil wrote: March 26th, 2020, 11:47 pm Hi there! Played this map with a few friends. Is there any way the recruit list could be changed? As it is, it's a bit overpowered at early levels and once the relatively cheap upgrades to the hero stack up they become less of a hassle and more of a chore to keep recruiting.
I believe there is an add-on called "Choose your recruits" or something along those lines. Thanks for the feedback.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Is it supposed you recruit units? I thought you control only your hero and creeps spawned and controlled by ai
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
PapaSmurfReloaded

dwarftough wrote: March 19th, 2021, 4:11 pm I thought you control only your hero and creeps spawned and controlled by ai
Not in this mod
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Well, tried a game, looks cool, recruiting is fine, you kinda need to maintain balance between recruiting and buffing the hero ;) still, three question I have. You can upgrade any unit, not only hero, that's how it supposed to be? And the second, maybe the cost of upgrades should increase as you get them? With fixed price it seems you can just grab, let say, moves till you can cover the whole map. Or is the number of upgrades limited? And the third, what does the team score make? The whole game it was zero :D
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
PapaSmurfReloaded

dwarftough wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:05 pm Well, tried a game, looks cool, recruiting is fine, you kinda need to maintain balance between recruiting and buffing the hero ;)
While I will gladly answer questions, I am not actively making new or making major modifications to Wesnoth add-ons anymore.
dwarftough wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:05 pmYou can upgrade any unit, not only hero, that's how it supposed to be?
Felt players might might enjoy having the possibility to upgrade others units rather than just their hero.
dwarftough wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:05 pmAnd the second, maybe the cost of upgrades should increase as you get them? With fixed price it seems you can just grab, let say, moves till you can cover the whole map. Or is the number of upgrades limited?
Yeah it is possible to do that, probably the game would end before that though.
I don't remember if the number of upgrades is limited, while I thought of it, I'm not sure if I ever implemented it.
dwarftough wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:05 pmAnd the third, what does the team score make? The whole game it was zero :D
If I recall the score goes increases everytime a hero is killed by another hero (or maybe all units, not sure tbh)
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Looked up the code, I see there is a draft for towers being on the villages on the player side but for some reason this is not used (in a sense it makes more Wesnoth-like experience as you have to capture villages after the start)
Rob4ix1547

Post by Rob4ix1547 »

where to download it?
i really wanna test it.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Rob4ix1547 wrote: March 6th, 2022, 8:21 am where to download it?
i really wanna test it.
It's on the add-on server you can access through Battle for Wesnoth client.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update: Added towers to the game, fixed the shop a little, reworked the jungle works, made the map kinda better looking.
PapaSmurfReloaded

Update: Fixed some bugs and made some changes to the map.