Mod : Advance Wesnoth Wars

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ruvaak

Re: Mod : Advanced Wesnoth Wars

Post by Ruvaak »

Hi Soliton !

Ok, I will try to take care of it this weekend
Creator of Advance Wesnoth Wars mod
Ruvaak

Post by Ruvaak »

Soliton wrote: October 29th, 2019, 7:57 pm the icon of your addon seems to be about as big as your addon and takes up a significant amount of the addon list everyone downloads when connecting to the addon server. Please reduce the icon size or use a path to a mainline image instead of a data URI. The image seems to be a mainline portrait anyway.
I changed the uri by another picture 72x72, doing 14 KB. Hope it's ok ?
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

Perfect, thanks!
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Soliton
Site Administrator

Post by Soliton »

gnombat wrote: October 30th, 2019, 12:04 pm Shouldn't the add-ons server (and perhaps the client) validate the size of an image in a data URI, when the add-on is uploaded? It should always be exactly 72 x 72 pixels, right?
I don’t know if we need to enforce exact dimensions but could make sense, sure.
"If gameplay requires it, they can be made to live on Venus." -- scott
Lunyicon

Post by Lunyicon »

hi, i just downloaded this mod using only no randomness and 0 damage ratio, i have noticed that in the damage shown "->(1-X)*N" in the attack enemy screen is the possible damage BEFORE time of day and vulnerability modifier, instead of the actual damage that is going to be dealt. any chance of fixing that?
Lunyicon

Post by Lunyicon »

also AMLA lvl increse only gives 1more lvl after max, for example a soulless who is normally lvl 1 can only be promoted to lvl 2, and after that it can't be promoted to lvl 3. is this intended?
(I'm using 01,06,15,04,05 and the AMLA mod)
Ruvaak

Post by Ruvaak »

Hi Lunyicon,

The day and vulnerability seems to not be taken in account for "no random" with the core functions I use in LUA, and since the damages deals are usually around 40-60%, it have less compact.

You can dig around the native experimental "Less RNG" in the game option, to emulate this.

"Increase levels after AMLA" option is just incrementing the level after you reach the max level. So for exemple, an unit who can evolve until level 3, will pass "level 4", after its first AMLA, etc. If you play a campaign, the number will be reset to "3" on next scenario in some cases.

It should not have any real impact in the game, except visually seeing how much time the unit evolved (which can make a huge difference if you enable "Extra AMLA bonuses"), so it's mostly intended for multiplayer. Did you noticed a problem with that ? like, it' block an evolution ? If yes, can you give me the unit name ?
samiamrg7

Post by samiamrg7 »

Hi, I recently picked Wesnoth back up after maybe 10 years and decided to install your mod. (last time I played was on mobile, an iPod touch!)

I tried out the passive exp feature, but decided it was too much and tried disabling it in the middle of a scenario, but the code, aww_status.update_feature_04(0) didn't seem to work.
Here is an album with screenshots
https://imgur.com/gallery/5X5sD2I

From what I can tell, the the code meant to disable feature 4 (passive exp) instead disabled the healing exp for some reason. This is the second scenario of the South Guard campaign. I tried disabling the passive exp in the previous scenario and moving on to see if it would disable in the next scenario, but it didn't. I wasn't able to test if healing exp was actually disabled since I didn't have any healers on hand, but my units definitely gained passive exp still.

The third image is a picture of what add-ons I have installed. Most of them are not active, however. Besides AWW, only extra recruits, extra advancements, and non-fatal wounds are turned on in the campaign.

I understand this is an experimental feature, I thought I should bring it to your attention though.
Lilianae

Post by Lilianae »

Hello,

I just downloaded your mod this morning and I'm having some issues with enabling the features as explained in the initial post. I logged into the console, ran the debug command, and then when I try to run any of your codes to enable/disable the features it feeds back an error:

$ debug
{traceback=function: 00bc8850,getinfo=function: 00bc9330}
$ aww_status.message_info_all
Lua Error:
When executing,

Code: Select all

Lua runtime error: [string "ilua._pretty_print(aww_status.message_info_al..."]:1: variable 'aww_status' must be assigned before being used
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function '.error'
	lua/ilua.lua:131: in metamethod '__index'
	[string "ilua._pretty_print(aww_status.message_info_al..."]:1: in main chunk
I don't do coding, ever, so I have no idea what any of this means. Anyone able to help me figure this out? My friends and I really don't like the RNG portion of the game and thought this mod sounded perfect, but we're having a hard time setting it up.
Last edited by Pentarctagon on July 24th, 2020, 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Add [code]
Ruvaak

Post by Ruvaak »

Hi Lilianae,

I never met this error. Someone else did ?
Can you tell me if you play on Windows, Linux ? Others mods enabled on your game ?

Hi samiamrg7,

I saw why, will be fixed on next update 1.14.15.2

For everybody :
I'm looking on another option allowing players to recall their units dead in previous scenarios (for campaigns), in WML or LUA, is someone have some clues about where to start.

I'm also looking for a way to integrate damage on day/light variable for the "No Randomness Combats" script in LUA.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Store all dying units, and unstore them to recall list at start.
Ruvaak

Re: Mod : Advance Wesnoth Wars

Post by Ruvaak »

Thanks Ravana, I will dig on that. Maybe someone already did a mod who do that ?
acroobat

Post by acroobat »

This mod brings second life to wesnoth. "No random combat" should be ticked by default in option menu.

My suggestion:

Make some randomness for each hit. For example 4-5 damage per hit (1 random damage here). This is because some units hit several times and in comparison with the original mechanic of the game It makes no deference between one big hit and multiple hits (e.g 18-1 and 6-3 of unit's attacks are the same). No option to choose means less tactics in wesnoth.

Another option is to change counter-atrack mechanism. Unit which attacks 1 time should receive 1 counter-attack as well. Then it makes sense what type of attack to choose.
weewah

Post by weewah »

Does no randomness not take into account illuminate?

I turned on the no random combats and set everything else off or to zero, including the no random damage adjustment.
AWW bug.gz
(24.09 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Then I did a simple test with a 5x2 attack peasant against a wolf with 50% defense, 0% resistances on a forest hex. At dawn.
5x2 became 2x2, which okay, makes sense if you round down.

But then I put a mage of light next to the peasant, so with illuminate the peasant's attack becomes 6x2.
Yet when I attacked the wolf, it STILL did 2x2 damage instead of 3x2. Why?
VonHelvete

Post by VonHelvete »

Do you plan to update this for the version 1.16?