LA Dungeon Master

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LordAwsomeness

LA Dungeon Master

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Welcome to the LA Dungeon Master forum topic! Dungeon master is a multiplayer scenario where a set of heroes (generally set as 4 heroes, though not limited to that specific number) are pitted up against a dungeon master. With the 0.1.0 Beta release, the game boasts:
  • A moderately large linier exploration map
  • (almost) completed inventory system (melee and ranged weapons are completed; still working on armor and magic abilities as well as integrating weapon specials into the weapons)
  • A complete giving system: you may give weapons and items found throughout the scenario to your other hero companions
  • A complete pillaging system: you may rummage through the remains of your dead allies and take any items they had in their inventory; including any keys required to open doors throughout the scenarios.
  • A fully animated sprite system that changes your hero's animations and weapons held according to your choice of weapons! (pillaged from the 1.8 Wesband add-on)
Currently the game is in Beta, so there will be bugs as well as the game may be out of balance. The game is also lacking magical abilities as of this moment as well as armors. I am also planning to improve the current tutorial. It was written fairly quickly to be set as a placeholder until I am able to integrate a new system. I also plan to add a more in-depth set of choices for the hero creation; rather than making simple classes that do not have much impact besides adding one extra point into the path you are choosing. It will feature an in-depth selection system that will diversify the gameplay much more than the current system does.

If you are interested in this add-on, you may download it from the Wesnoth 1.14 add-ons server by looking up LordAwsomeness's Dungeon Master. This project is primarily a placeholder to help me develop a rich inventory system that I will carry over into my 'open-world' rpg once completed. This forum thread is meant to serve as a means for reporting any bugs you may uncover which would really help me in working through this project. Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you!
- Been playing Wesnoth since 2004 and the 1.0.x versions.
- Creator of Undead Invasion MP Scenario Pack.
- Creator of Valeria MP Adventure
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
Computer_Player
Multiplayer Moderator

Re: LA Dungeon Master

Post by Computer_Player »

HI I just downloaded this add very interesting add-on and encountered a bug while Wesnoth was in the "creating cache" phase

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\Archie\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14/data/add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/then] for tag [if]
opened at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/scenario/into_the_underworld.cfg:369
included from ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/_main.cfg:7
closed at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/scenario/into_the_underworld.cfg:371

Please continue working on this! :D It looks very promising :)
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Looks interesting. At first I thought this was set in Los Angeles, but I'd still play it!
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Computer_Player wrote: July 7th, 2018, 11:43 pm HI I just downloaded this add very interesting add-on and encountered a bug while Wesnoth was in the "creating cache" phase

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
C:\Users\Archie\Documents\My Games\Wesnoth1.14/data/add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Found invalid closing tag [/then] for tag [if]
opened at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/scenario/into_the_underworld.cfg:369
closed at ~add-ons/LA_MP_Pack/scenario/into_the_underworld.cfg:371

Please continue working on this! :D It looks very promising :)
Oh the current version on the add-ons server does not work at all?

I have a working version with more updates, but it is incomplete and has a couple of changes that I have not had the time to complete. If it is bugged out I could check through my directory and see if I still have one of the older ones in my directory since I generally keep copies of previous versions as backups. Please let me know if it is broken and unplayable as is on the add-ons server or if it was just an issue with the version you had!
Last edited by LordAwsomeness on July 9th, 2018, 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA
LordAwsomeness

Post by LordAwsomeness »

Choicerer wrote: July 8th, 2018, 12:53 am Looks interesting. At first I thought this was set in Los Angeles, but I'd still play it!
No the LA is my abbreviation for LordAwsomeness! Sorry for the confusion! I have found other 'dungeon master' add-ons so I wanted to make sure it was easier for my friends who I made this add-on for to be able to find this easily since they do not really play Wesnoth :lol:
- Creator of LA_RPG ERA