Better Odds

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Choicerer

Re: Better Odds

Post by Choicerer »

buddh wrote: March 26th, 2018, 5:07 pm I fully agree.

What worries me most is that finishing a unit with 1/2 against 60s and 1/3 against 70s might become too easy.
Then blocking becomes meaningless in such instances because you then can three way such a piece easily.

yeah should have been 0.4*0.28 = 0.112.
because it is 20*0.6. It was a typo :).

Needed to calc a bit to see the effects. Maybe try your setting, but imho it squeezes heavily towards e-value, making it
a little bit low luck style.
So how about a slider, at least for now? Maybe a slider is a good idea overall, maybe it could be more than 2 options - just allow the user to specify how much of a change they want.
buddh wrote: March 26th, 2018, 5:07 pm Did you find a way to have it precalc the odds for the preview of combat? :shock:
No, but I could definitely change the game source code and recompile a treated version so that it only ever uses one seed :D. Though I haven't looked much.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

1.2b fixes the mod breaking on game reload and changes Luck Stacking to off by default.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Proof that the mod works
I have treated a wesnoth version to always draw 50 out of 100 during combat. Here is a youtube video demonstrating the difference:
Ferk

Post by Ferk »

Any chance to make this Mod also work in singleplayer campaigns?

From a Steam forum thread:
In the in-game add-ons browser, only found Better Odds while looking for mods on this subject, but Better Odds only works for multiplayer. Removing #ifdef MULTIPLAYER from its _main.cgf file (so it can be loaded in singleplayer) results on the mod not working and a cascade of errors.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

Ferk wrote: May 6th, 2018, 8:47 am Any chance to make this Mod also work in singleplayer campaigns?

From a Steam forum thread:
In the in-game add-ons browser, only found Better Odds while looking for mods on this subject, but Better Odds only works for multiplayer. Removing #ifdef MULTIPLAYER from its _main.cgf file (so it can be loaded in singleplayer) results on the mod not working and a cascade of errors.
Thanks for the request! I'll definitely look into it.
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

1.3 - the mod is now singleplayer compatible.
Landiss

Post by Landiss »

Does the mod work only for the player's side or also for AI (in campaigns)?
Choicerer

Post by Choicerer »

It works for both.
Landiss

Post by Landiss »

Great, thanks. I was looking for something like this, sometimes the random streaks of luck/bad luck can be frustrating.