Leader Magic Mod v1.1.3(SP/MP Modification for 1.12/1.13)

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Xara

Re: Leader Magic Mod v1.1.0(SP/MP Modification for 1.12/1.13

Post by Xara »

ForestDragon wrote:
Xara wrote:Haven't decided about summoning spells, I think it's right that there should be more modified units. But not sure about the implementions. I would like to make the description for the unit modification short, so maybe templar should just be a Swordman with a new arcane attack.
"Summon a Swordsman with arcane melee, but -1 melee damage" sounds ok to me (we don't necessarily have to mention the arcane resistance)
Xara wrote:-The single target full healing spell: how much should it cost? I'm not sure how broken it might be to let your leader full heal itself every two or three turns in some cases? I guess I can make an alternative version to let the hero heal someone else. Maybe the spell should cost 15% of the caster's current/max health, and heal double this amount to another selected unit.
good idea! btw, another modified summon idea: summon elite dwarf: summons a dwarvish scout who turns into a dwarvish guardsman when it's not his side's turn (if he levels up as a scout, he'll transform into guardsman's advancement, and vice versa). costs 7 mana (or maybe 8 )
EDIT: more spell ideas:
-cursing spell: (not sure what to call it): each enemy in vision at the start of their turn has a 1/10 chance of getting slowed. costs maybe 12 mana.
-cursing spell: curse of weakness: enemies in vision have a 20% (maybe 15%) damage reduction
-cursing spell: curse of poverty: all enemy sides lose 3 gold each turn
-battle spell: (not sure what to call it): all own units in a 3-tile radius of the caster receive the firststrike special, and a "1.5 damage on defense" special on melee, but -25% melee damage. lasts 1 turn.
-battle spell: lesser temporal wind: apply the temporal wind's effect, but to a single selected unit in a 3-tile radius of the caster. costs 2 (or 3) mana, can't be used on the same unit twice per turn.
-summoning spell: summon giant mudcrawler: summons a giant mudcrawler with the "elemental" trait. costs 4 mana
-summoning spell: summon warship: summon an edited version of the galleon, which is lvl2, has 52 hp, 7 mp, 20% defense/3 movement cost on land (can't move through hills/mountains/forest, though), a 14-2 ballista attack, and a 6-3 sabre melee attack (animation using the fencer melee animation as a projectile). not fully sure about the mana cost
-
Would add the random slow curse, and the 1.5 times retaliation damage curse.

Would put Dwarvish Scout as a summonible unit.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Xara wrote:Would add the random slow curse, and the 1.5 times retaliation damage curse.

Would put Dwarvish Scout as a summonible unit.
ok. what about the other proposed spells?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
My inactive add-ons (1.12): Tale of Alan, The Golden Age
Co-creator of Era of Magic
Xara

Post by Xara »

-Curse of poverty: the effect is unfun for one side but hard to notice for the other. Won't add.

-Lesser temporal wind: maybe radius 1 or 2 version instead

-summon warship/mudcrawler: don't like them. Don't like the idea of warship being ever on land. And mudcrawler can only be a level 1 unit.

-curse of weakness: currently I have problem with effects stacking. So won't do it in short time.

ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Xara wrote:-Curse of poverty: the effect is unfun for one side but hard to notice for the other. Won't add.

-Lesser temporal wind: maybe radius 1 or 2 version instead

-summon warship/mudcrawler: don't like them. Don't like the idea of warship being ever on land. And mudcrawler can only be a level 1 unit.

-curse of weakness: currently I have problem with effects stacking. So won't do it in short time.
ok.
Xara wrote:And mudcrawler can only be a level 1 unit.
What do you mean?
My active add-ons: The Great Steppe Era,XP Bank,Alliances Mod,Pestilence,GSE+EoMa,Ogre Crusaders,Battle Royale,EoMaifier,Steppeifier,Hardcoreifier
Xara

Post by Xara »

I meant Mudcrawler can't level up into lvl 2 units, so if a player summons such a unit it has no future.

ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Xara wrote:I meant Mudcrawler can't level up into lvl 2 units, so if a player summons such a unit it has no future.
well, the same can be said for the deathblade/water serpent summon spells. also, the point of the mudcrawler spell is that the mudcrawler's purpose is to absorb impact attacks, not to be kept for long.
Xara

Re: Leader Magic Mod v1.1.2(SP/MP Modification for 1.12/1.13

Post by Xara »

well, the same can be said for the deathblade/water serpent summon spells.
Exactly, so I deleted Summon Deathblade/Water Serpent. And the summon spell system still needs overhaul, so I haven't really decided what I should do.

That being said, level 2 and level 1 units are vastly different. At least Lv.2 veterans are worthy of recalling.

Eagle_11

Post by Eagle_11 »

Change of Heart: If the unit was chaotic it becomes lawful, if it was neutral becomes liminal.
Town Portal: Friendly unit gains one use Teleportation ability.
Vigilance: Unit becomes fearless for 2 turns. Cannot be used on neutral.
Lightning Bolt: Use delfador strength lightning with one strike on an enemy unit.
Fortify: An Guardtower unit is spawned on an village to defend it.
ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Xara wrote:Exactly, so I deleted Summon Deathblade/Water Serpent. And the summon spell system still needs overhaul, so I haven't really decided what I should do.
what are the problems with it? (it seems ok in MP to me)
Xara wrote:That being said, level 2 and level 1 units are vastly different. At least Lv.2 veterans are worthy of recalling.
ok. btw, more feedback/ideas:
-why haven't you included the kamikaze falcon event fix I sent you some time ago? (without it, units finished off by a kamikaze falcon remain with negative hitpoint amount instead of dying, which can be quite annoying for players)
-in the [attack_anim] for kamikaze falcon's attack animation, it would be a good idea to puts "hits=yes" inside the tag, in order to make the explosion animation not appear if the kamikaze attack misses (or maybe increase the chance to hit to 100%)
-spell idea: damaging spell: select an enemy in a 1-tile radius of the caster, that enemy loses 12 hp, with <10 multiplied by caster's level> extra. (basically meant to be a strong but costly spell that has a short radius.)
Xara

Post by Xara »

Eagle_11 wrote:Change of Heart: If the unit was chaotic it becomes lawful, if it was neutral becomes liminal.
Town Portal: Friendly unit gains one use Teleportation ability.
Vigilance: Unit becomes fearless for 2 turns. Cannot be used on neutral.
Lightning Bolt: Use delfador strength lightning with one strike on an enemy unit.
Fortify: An Guardtower unit is spawned on an village to defend it.
If I can figure out how to make "one use" work, I would replace the existing "one turn teleport" spell.

Maybe I'll do another version of fearless spell.

Lightning bolt can work, change of heart can work.

Would not add a guardtower unit, as introducing [unit_type] would require joiner download.
-why haven't you included the kamikaze falcon event fix I sent you some time ago? (without it, units finished off by a kamikaze falcon remain with negative hitpoint amount instead of dying, which can be quite annoying for players)
-in the [attack_anim] for kamikaze falcon's attack animation, it would be a good idea to puts "hits=yes" inside the tag, in order to make the explosion animation not appear if the kamikaze attack misses (or maybe increase the chance to hit to 100%)
I already fixed Kamikaze Falcon negative HP bug (with my version of codes) and the hit=yes animation in v1.1.2, just tested again and it works.
spell idea: damaging spell: select an enemy in a 1-tile radius of the caster, that enemy loses 12 hp, with <10 multiplied by caster's level> extra. (basically meant to be a strong but costly spell that has a short radius.)
It can work. With the addition of this short range one-target spell and the Lightning Bolt as a long range one-target spell, the damage spell set would be fairly complete.

Edit:

And about the summon spell. The previous costs were too low in survival maps. And the Water Serpents and Deathblade are just not interesting enough.

ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Xara wrote:I already fixed Kamikaze Falcon negative HP bug (with my version of codes) and the hit=yes animation in v1.1.2, just tested again and it works.
ok.
Xara wrote:And about the summon spell. The previous costs were too low in survival maps. And the Water Serpents and Deathblade are just not interesting enough.
how about adding a "survival map spell cost tweak" option as a [checkbox] in [options] inside [modification]? anyway, another spell idea:
-utility spell: select an enemy unit standing in a village, that enemy is moved to a random hex next to the village (allowing the caster's side to capture it)
ForestDragon

Re: Leader Magic Mod v1.1.3(SP/MP Modification for 1.12/1.13

Post by ForestDragon »

The 1.1.3 update is great! :D anyway, some feedback:
-the new summon prices seem a bit too costly in normal 1v1 matches (other spells are often way better). I'd recommend either adding a 'cheaper summoning costs' option as a [checkbox], or decrease the cost back to the original and add a 'more expensive summon cost' option.
-whisper/chant of the eclipse are technically debuff spells, so I'd suggest making them only affect enemies, but having their mana cost slightly increased.
-"Curse of Werewolf"/"Curse of Witch" should be renamed to "Curse of the Werewolf"/"Curse of the Witch" or "Werewolf's Curse"/"Witch's Curse"
-there seems to be an issue with the <span> code in the blood swap menu. (text saying "invalid markup:" and the <span> tags (which means you messed up something <span>. Oh, and the issue occurs for all damage spells (the <span>s worked fine in 1.1.1 and 1.1.2, btw))), and the unit icons don't show in the damage spell options
Xara

Post by Xara »

I have no problem if the summon spells are of low efficiency in 1v1. I don't want to put in alternative balances because it bewilders people. I have observed hundreds of games with xp mod and it's always the default setting, and I imagine this to be the case with my mod too.

I like the liminal chant that way because of the symmetry. I know it's a debuff and can be a bit pointless. But I want to put the spell there to inspire players that the other spells can be used in the same way. Or maybe I can add some synergy with liminal, to make it not a strictly bad thing.

The text bug is known, and it happens to many spells that select target. It works nicely on wesnoth 1.13 but not 1.12, so I was a bit lazy to fix it. I'll see what I can do later, hopefully the fix can be as easy as search and replace a pattern.

ForestDragon

Post by ForestDragon »

Xara wrote:I have no problem if the summon spells are of low efficiency in 1v1. I don't want to put in alternative balances because it bewilders people. I have observed hundreds of games with xp mod and it's always the default setting, and I imagine this to be the case with my mod too.

I like the liminal chant that way because of the symmetry. I know it's a debuff and can be a bit pointless. But I want to put the spell there to inspire players that the other spells can be used in the same way. Or maybe I can add some synergy with liminal, to make it not a strictly bad thing.

The text bug is known, and it happens to many spells that select target. It works nicely on wesnoth 1.13 but not 1.12, so I was a bit lazy to fix it. I'll see what I can do later, hopefully the fix can be as easy as search and replace a pattern.
ok.
ForestDragon

(1.16) Leader Magic Mod v1.1.5(SP/MP Modification for 1.16)

Post by ForestDragon »

Since I liked the mod, I ported it to 1.16 by as part of the Wesnoth Modders Guild project, and even added new spells/fixed some bugs.
link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/K9N56hqGTm

Changes from the original 1.14 version:
v1.1.5 (update made by ForestDragon)
-ported to 1.16
-new crafting spell: Explosive Rune: creates a rune that deals fire damage to the first enemy that steps on it. scales with caster level
-new crafting spell: Healing Rune: creates a rune that heals the first enemy that steps on it. scales with caster level
-new crafting spell: Holy Water: creates a bottle of holy water which gives arcane on melee attacks until the end of the scenario
-new utility spell: Instant Fortress: creates a castle with a keep around the caster
-new curse spell: Curse of the Serpent: each turn, all living enemies have a 15% chance to be poisoned
-new curse spell: Curse of Yechnagoth: Enemy units currently in your vision gain -1 MP,-1 damage, and -6 HP till the end of this scenario (basically Blessing of Eloh but reversed)
-added mod options to Leader Magic Mod:
-players can choose starting mana, ranging from 0 to 20
-Book of Necromancy now turns lvl4 and above units into Ancient Liches, and lvl2 units into Revenants
-"Bless of" spells have been renamed to "Blessing of"
-"Bless to the Selected Ones" has been renamed to "Blessing to the Chosen Ones"
-added animations to fire beam and ice beam
-improved lightning bolt's animation, now it is properly positioned
-fixed ice beam/fire beam not using cold/fire damage
-fixed random summon using outdated unit ids
-fixed damaging spells being able to target petrified units