The Divided Battle

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

The_Gnat

The Divided Battle

Post by The_Gnat »

Hello, i have created a scenario which is a divided battle. Basically four players (in teams of two) fight. However they are separated by a impassable wall in order to engage their second opponent they must first defeat their first enemy.

The first scenario, and hopefully not the last is the Valley of the Four Seasons. It is currently a very simple scenario however i will add items and more events to it as i go along.
The Valley of the Four Seasons (Arshak)
map.png
Post feedback ideas and suggestions!
The_Gnat

Re: The Divided Battle

Post by The_Gnat »

I found a map in one of my old folders and it appears that i had a while back created a second divided battle scenario. This scenario is called The Darklands and is similar in gameplay to the Four Seasons (Arshak) in that you must defeat 1 enemy before moving to attack the other. This map, however, is larger has a computer player at the center who can be combated also. (2 v 2)
The Darklands
darklands.png
Note: there is a lot of extra code that i have left in the divided battle add-on, it is not finished so it is not currently being used

Post any feedback (though i won't be surprised if none is given ;) )
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

Both maps look fun. I hope you'll invite me to play test them one day on mp-server. :)
Last edited by Zap-Zarap on August 19th, 2017, 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
I like beavers.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Thanks for the quick response! I am quite busy over the next week but I would definitely love to do so some time! :D

(also if anyone can win this map And defeat the ruler of the Darklands with his many bodyguards in the maps center i would like to hear about it. It is something i have never been able to do! ;) )
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Also Note that this map is weighted heavily towards chaotic factions! It is NOT AT ALL balanced for chaotic vs. lawful because the is NO daytime (only dawn, dusk, and night) in the Darklands! 8)
The Darklands ;)
Dark clouds streaming across the dark sky,
Dark hearted warriors giving battle cry,
Dark waves crashing against cold sand,
The wind whistles by this dark, dark land.
Zap-Zarap

Post by Zap-Zarap »

The_Gnat wrote:Dark clouds streaming across the dark sky,
Dark hearted warriors giving battle cry,
Dark waves crashing against cold sand,
The wind whistles by this dark, dark land.
Wow.. a few months from now, when the long, dark and boring winter nights arrive here on northern hemisphere, may i use this as a lyrics for a metallish ballad (yet to create), that you can use as soundtrack for your map? ^_^
I like beavers.
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

:D If you write a ballad or other song i would be happy to put it into the scenario! (but make sure it is a very dismal song, this being the something close to the gateway to the abyss and the land of no return ;) )