SXRPG Version 5.2.3 - now on 1.12 Server

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

TheChosenOne

Re: SXRPG Version 5.2.3 - now on 1.12 Server

Post by TheChosenOne »

I have started playing this again, and played SX Castle of Cantar. Unfortunately, it seems that there is an error which makes the game crash. Please find the screenshot attached.

The error starts with a black minimap. It's gone. After sometime, whatever you mouseover will turn into black hexes, so you really can't see anything. If you attempt to locate your leader by pressing n, it will draw a hex of your leader following wherever your mouse is. Sometime later, the game either crashes or becomes so unplayable that you quit the game. When you do, instead of being sent to the lobby, the game crashes with the same message.

I am playing on version 1.14.11, with the default map settings.

As a side note, I am not sure if this is intended, but there is absolutely no roaming creeps anymore - every unit we encounter are either ambush units, or guards with 0 movement.
Attachments
Wesnoth error.png
Numbers do not win a battle
---Konrad III
(A loyal member of the pro-loyalists)

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation

TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

Hi,

I am testing the other maps and found the same type of error in Temple of Bones. Please find a save attached where the minimap was already blank. Try moving your mouse to see the weird hex effect in play.

There is an Invalid WML error: "[unstore_unit}: variable 'nocaptainqq2' doesn't contain unit data"
Attachments
SXC Error.png
SXRPG TempleOfBones Turn 2.gz
(467 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
---Konrad III

Would you like to translate the Battle of Wesnoth into Indonesian? Then come and join us at http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/IndonesianTranslation

duuuuude

Post by duuuuude »

Hi Mabuse, first of love these maps, they r legend. specially reinstall wesnoth after couple years to play them, but on 1.14 i guess there is some bug im getting that the creeps are not even spawning, and the woses/minibosses/spiders etc in caves etc are not even attackin u when ur in their range

TheChosenOne

Post by TheChosenOne »

I got a game crash after playing this. I mentioned the details in the Technical Support section, but I will also attach here the screenshot and logfile. I was playing SX Isle of the Dead.
Attachments
Wesnoth SXC rendering error.png
wesnoth-20200426-183813-4692 - Copy.7z
(70.55 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
---Konrad III