NEW MP MAP: The Mountain

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

NEW MP MAP: The Mountain

Post by turin »

Yeah, so here is a new MP map. :)

Very small (20*20), 2 playered. There is a mountain obstacle in the middle (hence the name). Seems pretty balanced... northerners seem to have an advantage (at least thats what my AI testing indicates), but its not too large, and IMHO it was due to the AI being able to use the northerners best of any faction.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

AI testing favors Northeners, so it's probably more balanced than you think.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Ye olde frontal assault. Yeah. Does look like a nice map, btw.

That said, this makes it even more painfully clear that we *really* need a "high mountains" terrain. Ugh. I have too many odd jobs to do on this project.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:AI testing favors Northeners, so it's probably more balanced than you think.
testing resulted in northerners winning all of their battles, rebels winning about 3/4s of their battles, and everyone else winning a bit less than half of their battles. (but undead lost almost all of their battles).

a "high mountain terrain" would be good... it should be able to blend with current mountains but still be distinguishable. good luck. :)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

If you were to do that you would need to make the current mountain terrain crossable by more units; maybe flying units would use 2 movement crossing high mountain? They have to fly so high! Would be interesting. Mountains are crossable, maybe you could make it 4 to 5 movepoints required? Just an idea
Sorry for the meaningless post
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

If you were to do that you would need to make the current mountain terrain crossable by more units; maybe flying units would use 2 movement crossing high mountain? They have to fly so high! Would be interesting. Mountains are crossable, maybe you could make it 4 to 5 movepoints required? Just an idea
Sorry for the meaningless post