World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gfgtdf
Developer

Re: World Conquest II

Post by gfgtdf »

yes i tested it myself, maybe you didn't refresh your cache (F5) after adding that file ? wesnoth doesn't notice that the addons 'content' was changed since it onyl checks whetehr the files in the addons directory were changes so it won't do that autmaticially for you in that case.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
ghype

Post by ghype »

yes I did over and over for other reasons. but yeah, the only reason I could imagine why it wouldn work is that I work on osx and the default edit hides the extensions but still has them. cuz you mentioned they shouldn have any extension... but yeah, it works for me either way now.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

gfgtdf wrote: June 8th, 2018, 9:48 am
ghype wrote: June 7th, 2018, 11:21 am yes, I ended up deleting all BMR/archaic recources, since I dont use them any more. this should have fixed it
Ye it's be better to find a solution that works for oter users though, unfortuntely i dont know enough about terrain code to fix it quickly.
ghype wrote: June 8th, 2018, 7:37 am here is another "bug". i think there was something wrong with the epic trait. this orc assasine had 72xp to advance. was that a conscious change?
because compared to other units, it needed much more xp to advance as other lv2 units.

default settings were used and no external mods either.
Spoiler:
i changes the epic trait implementation to be more ompatible with other mods that might be used, but it seems like it doenst work they way it should, whta seems to happen is thhat: first the epic traits sets the appless to set the unit hp to 60, then the wc2 cusom x1.5 exp modier is aplied to set the hp to 90 then wesnoth 0.8 exp nodifer sets the hp to 72, still think about how to fix it.

hi,
got woodsman as hero with epic trait. he needs 72 xp to level up to 1.
ghype

Post by ghype »

SatHyre wrote: June 10th, 2018, 3:38 pm hi,
got woodsman as hero with epic trait. he needs 72 xp to level up to 1.

as stated I suppose this bug affects all heros with epic trait. walkin coprse and gobo too, as well as farmer.
FortTell

Post by FortTell »

gfgtdf wrote: June 8th, 2018, 9:48 am i changes the epic trait implementation to be more ompatible with other mods that might be used, but it seems like it doenst work they way it should, whta seems to happen is thhat: first the epic traits sets the appless to set the unit hp to 60, then the wc2 cusom x1.5 exp modier is aplied to set the hp to 90 then wesnoth 0.8 exp nodifer sets the hp to 72, still think about how to fix it.
Set it to 50. 50*(3/2)=75, 75*(4/5)=60. If the 0.8 is variable, then maybe define a function which calculates x: 1.5x*(xp_mod) = 60.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

FortTell wrote: June 19th, 2018, 7:06 pm
gfgtdf wrote: June 8th, 2018, 9:48 am i changes the epic trait implementation to be more ompatible with other mods that might be used, but it seems like it doenst work they way it should, whta seems to happen is thhat: first the epic traits sets the appless to set the unit hp to 60, then the wc2 cusom x1.5 exp modier is aplied to set the hp to 90 then wesnoth 0.8 exp nodifer sets the hp to 72, still think about how to fix it.
Set it to 50. 50*(3/2)=75, 75*(4/5)=60. If the 0.8 is variable, then maybe define a function which calculates x: 1.5x*(xp_mod) = 60.
this won't work asis as the wc2 cusom x1.5 exp modier actuall depends on the difficulcy (the 0.8 is fixed) it might be more or less depending on your difficulcy, acatuall i have it fixed quite some time already by making sure the wc2 custom exp modifer is applied before the exp=60 effect and made it set the exp to 75. I'm sure not sure whether this patch along is reason enough to upload the new version to the server.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Re: World Conquest II - no fog for spectators

Post by octalot »

A minor bug/feature in 0.6.13: during the AI turn, spectators see the map with no fog. Is this intentional?
gfgtdf
Developer

Re: World Conquest II - no fog for spectators

Post by gfgtdf »

octalot wrote: June 19th, 2018, 9:10 pm A minor bug/feature in 0.6.13: during the AI turn, spectators see the map with no fog. Is this intentional?
well last time i checked you actuall get to see the map with fog but from the ais point of view so it's unfogged where the ai units are. Has this changed? Its just alwas been like this, could be changed i guess.
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

I'm thinking from spectating other co-op games, mainly SXC but also Dimage Beach Race and LoW. (I'm going to have to think about it while spectating now, see if those do what I think they do).
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ok i added disallow_observers=yes to the enemies side which shoudl fix that one, it's not uploaded to the campaign server yet though, i have some other changes that i want to complete before uploading.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

ok i am now working on a new version, the current state can be downloaded form here https://github.com/gfgtdf/World_Conques ... /0.7-a.zip
it has the follwing features:
  • Alienera modification is no longer needed to play with other eras than wc2.
  • New Invest ui that needs less click
  • New and improved WoCopedia ui
  • unit can no longer pickup items that won't give them anything (for example a unit with no ranged attack can no longer pickup a item that only improves ranged attacks)
  • Observer can no no longer see the enemies side
  • fixed wrong xp for units with epic trait
it rewrites most (most of the 'gameplay' related code, that map generation code was not changed yet) of the code, so it might come with some compatibility issues, but i tried to find and fix them all, if there are any compatabiltiy issues left please report, note this compatability only work in one direction: A game saved with version 0.7 cannot be loaded with version 0.6.x .

I didn't relerase it yet on the addonserver becasue i am no 100% sure yet with which configuration i will upload it (whether i shoudl copy the code in each scenario (which will increase savefiel size) or not (which will casue OOS when someone changes their code files))

It somone wants to test it i'd be happy about some feedback.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Hello.
The random side in 3p at map1 is broken again. The 3rd player is always far away from ai. If ai is north east for example, the 3rd player is South West.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

SatHyre wrote: July 23rd, 2018, 5:33 pm Hello.
The random side in 3p at map1 is broken again. The 3rd player is always far away from ai. If ai is north east for example, the 3rd player is South West.
is the a bugreport about the version in my last pose or about the version currently on the addon server ?
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

uploaded version 0.7.1 to the addon server in addition to version 0.7 (2 post before) it fixed the bug SatHyre mentioned.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

Hi gfgtdf,
Thanks for the work.
Updated to 0.7.1 : the xp for recruited units is not good. They got less xp to level up. I check on wesnoth 1.12 : drake fighter and grunt need 51 xp ; in 1.14 and wc 0.7.1, they got 34 xp.
I was surprised that I level up 4 units at map1 and 2 another units need one kill to level.
I didn't check for heroes but I level one to 3 at map2 so I guess it's same.
Epic traits: you solved the xp for level 1. Epic = amla with 60 xp for level 2 but their xp are 96.