World Conquest II

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jb
Multiplayer Contributor

Re: World Conquest II

Post by jb »

Ha! It translates to scary costume. Terror, not terrific.

It actually sounds cool in Spanish.

But you know me, I don't care what the item is called, only what it does. It could be called "Item #9" and I'd still use it.
My MP campaigns
Gobowars
The Altaz Mariners - with Bob the Mighty
iceiceice

Post by iceiceice »

Yeah, I think it's a translation problem then.

Picture is worth a thousand words:

http://imgur.com/a/yQapF
VinDiesel

Post by VinDiesel »

Hi, it's Vin
I noticied that there's not drake/elf , drake/humain, elf/humain, undead/orc, undead/dwarf, and dwarf/orc.
Can u add thoses factions? If not pls tell me why!

Thxs!
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hi,
for 2 weeks, i have played an 1p WC, and picked always random faction. never got the empire faction.
and i remember, online i chose always random, and i never got the empire.
a bug in the random faction?
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

SatHyre wrote:hi,
for 2 weeks, i have played an 1p WC, and picked always random faction. never got the empire faction.
and i remember, online i chose always random, and i never got the empire.
a bug in the random faction?
The Empire is not available as random faction by default (because I am not fully happy with its gameplay). However you can edit config file inside add on to allow that faction as random.

@VinDiesel: I have already answered that several times, sorry. Adding factions is not trivial (test is time expensive), someones could be added in a far future.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
WorldConqueror

Post by WorldConqueror »

Hello, im finally win WCII 1p. No reloads, no add-on's. A lot of tries, also. Im find Empire strong in few tactics, but current only 7 pairs make this faction a little booring.
I know, Tek u wanna feedback, and im sure leave it, but which sort of feedback u want?
Attachments
WC_II_1p_-_Final_Battle_-_Rural_replay.gz
(270.66 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
WC_II_1p_-_Scenario_4_-_Ther..._replay.gz
(242.76 KiB) Downloaded 283 times
WC_II_1p_-_Scenario_3_-_Sava..._replay.gz
(221.44 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
WC_II_1p_-_Scenario_2_-_Clayey_replay.gz
(189.81 KiB) Downloaded 338 times
World_Conquest_II_1p_-_Start_replay.gz
(207.74 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

Hey tekelili,
in my most recent playthroughs I encounter the bug that my recruit list remains static after scenario 1. What I mena is that recruits don't change anymore and yyou're stuck with the recruit list that you had at the end of scenario 1.
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

You might want to look into whatever is causing a #textdomain line to become a part of the filenames in the replay archives. Actually, it looks like there's more than that wrong with them.

For example: WC_II_3_+#textdomain_wesnoth-World_Conquest_II_players^p_+_-__+_Scenario_+_3_-__+_Savannah_Turn_6_(116167).bz2

I assume it doesn't happen for locally saved replays since otherwise it would have been noticed already.
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

@zookeeper:

This may have the same underlying reason as http://gna.org/bugs/?22918
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
SatHyre

Post by SatHyre »

hello,
i would like a feature which let you to reorder the list of recruit at beginning, and only at beginning.
example with the trust. my list is guard/clasher, drake fighter/dwarf fighter, ulf/saurian, etc. i click on a button and my list becomes guard/clasher, dwarf fighter/drake fighter and ulf/saurian. i still dislike my list, i click again on the button and it becomes clasher/guard, drake fighter/dwarf fighter, saurian/ulf. now, i begin my recruitment.
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

Sorry for take so long in asnwer, I have been very busy and focused with other stuff. I expect be active again from now.
WorldConqueror wrote:Hello, im finally win WCII 1p. No reloads, no add-on's. A lot of tries, also. Im find Empire strong in few tactics, but current only 7 pairs make this faction a little booring.
I know, Tek u wanna feedback, and im sure leave it, but which sort of feedback u want?
Congrats WorldConqueror. I will check your replays when I have feedback about some lacks, looking for confidences. At this moment I want very general feedback: "Are diffulty and fun well translated from 3p into 2p and 1p?"
Paulomat4 wrote:Hey tekelili,
in my most recent playthroughs I encounter the bug that my recruit list remains static after scenario 1. What I mena is that recruits don't change anymore and yyou're stuck with the recruit list that you had at the end of scenario 1.
You are the very only one experiencing this bug. I assume is due you are loading a save with different WC II version. If you download last version and create a new game, I doubt you will have that bug.
SatHyre wrote:hello,
i would like a feature which let you to reorder the list of recruit at beginning, and only at beginning.
example with the trust. my list is guard/clasher, drake fighter/dwarf fighter, ulf/saurian, etc. i click on a button and my list becomes guard/clasher, dwarf fighter/drake fighter and ulf/saurian. i still dislike my list, i click again on the button and it becomes clasher/guard, drake fighter/dwarf fighter, saurian/ulf. now, i begin my recruitment.
Cheater :P Randomess in pairs is part of campaign balance. I am not going to invest work in fix something working perfectly. In fact, even pick leader is some kind of cheating, but I didnt forbide it to allow noobs a comfortable mechanic they are very used in faction menus. Anyway, randomess in pairs, trainings, item list, etc... has little effect compared to map generation, wich is the most important random factor along campaign.
Be aware English is not my first language and I could have explained bad myself using wrong or just invented words.
World Conquest II
gfgtdf
Developer

Post by gfgtdf »

Paulomat4 wrote:Hey tekelili,
This might happen becasue you reload WC2 in sp mode (from the tiltescreen), to load a WC2 game you shoudl go to multiplayer->local game->load game.

EDIT: To me more accurate, you just need to make sure that the last loading before advancing to the next scenario was done from the multiplayer menu, so its ok if you just load teh last save from the your last scenario form th emultiplayer menu and then advance to the next levle.
Scenario with Robots SP scenario (1.11/1.12), allows you to build your units with components, PYR No preperation turn 1.12 mp-mod that allows you to select your units immideately after the game begins.
loubardeas22

Post by loubardeas22 »

In the current version of WCII, how well balanced are the 1p and 2p options? In particular, with two players it seems VERY difficult to me. I do not claim to be a terribly good player, but my cousin and I have been playing 2p for weeks on the lower difficulty settings and having a hell of a time(best we've done is made it to round 4). Its a definite possibility we just suck lol but I know it was initially designed for 3 players, is it best to find a 3rd player? or do we just need to improve our strategy. Thanks in advance for any tips!

PS. Also, if the creator is working on any new projects, I would really enjoy a WC like campaign but with smaller maps and less units. I love the highly tactical nature of WC but I find any time I'm managing more than about 15 units in Wesnoth, matches can be a little tedious. Would volunteer to help test such a project!
tekelili

Post by tekelili »

@loubardeas22: 1p and 2 2p are just slighty more unbalanced and difficult than 3p, but they are definitivaly beatable even at Nightmare (expert players can have over 25% victory). If you are not able to get at least 10% victory at Peasant, then I guess you lack some basic knowledge fighting AI. I can not know your skill level without a replay, but my first advice would be: "AI will charge on you, so move your army where you can create small fronts and do a turtle that fights back AI".

Cuerrently this project consumes all my time, I am not interested in adapt it to different campaign scale (wich would be really difficult btw).
World Conquest II
loubardeas22

Post by loubardeas22 »

@ tekelili: Thanks for the response. One more quick question, once you gain control of the map(enemy is nearly all defeated), is it considered cheating to hang around the AI base for extra turns and not kill the leader?, to get your units more XP for the next stage. If not cheating, is this strategy viable, or is it best to just finish as early as possible and take the gold?
Cuerrently this project consumes all my time, I am not interested in adapt it to different campaign scale (wich would be really difficult btw).
Understandable, keep up the good work.