SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.2.1f - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

ok - today the map will be broken.

however .. i made up my mind.
its about hit-and-run. and the cheap potion thingy.

final conclusion:

warriors and roguewarriors get "hit-and-run"-ability.
its simpy to enhance their tactical options

mages and other clases capable of using magic have still the great advantage to be able to summon demons, which are a great weapon in the hands of capable players. also mages can deal direct damage.

hit-and-run simply makes the warriors playable at least.

so:
----

- warriors and roguewarriors get "hit-and-run"-ability.
- warriors and roguewarriors lose their bonus on potions.
- warriors and roguewarriors lose their backpack bonus.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

What time is the game?
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Version 4.3.0g:
--------------------

- warriors and roguewarriors get "hit-and-run"-ability.
- warriors and roguewarriors lose their bonus on potions.
- warriors and roguewarriors lose their backpack bonus.
- warriors and roguewarriors lose lightfoot ability

- silver necklace got nerfed. instead of giving +10% to fire, cold and arcane
its gives now +5% to fire and cold and +10% to arcane resistance

- graphics of spirit staff (got renamed into ghost armor) and fire armor got changed

as a reminder:
"hit-and-run" is basically "magic movement" with the double costs. and costs 100 gold and 1 ability point.

hope it all works :)
hf
vultraz
Developer

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.3.0g - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by vultraz »

There is a game today...isn't there? Or am I confused. :P
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.3.0g - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

hey vultraz, yes there is. i se you in lobby.
the first test was abadoned due to a bad bug.

however, it is fixed now.

Version 4.3.5h:
--------------------

- fixed magic movement bug
(hit and run option overrid the magic-movement-menu-item, and so it never shows in right-click menu)

- fixed unit bug with naga elite archers

- fixed movement-bug with pine-trees
vultraz
Developer

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.3.5h - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by vultraz »

Damn, missed it again :( Ohwell. I stayed up until 5:30 AM waiting, but then I got too tired. Looks like the game didn't happen till almost 8 anyway. Sorry :( Did the map get beaten?
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Ofc not. 8)

we started relatively early, and if you would have searched the lobby for ToB game you would have found us for sure.

anyways, a friend of mine, electricboom and me played basically the beginning ...
imo, it looked quite ok. but then after we divided, one of our party members got trapped and nailed down by some bosses.
i even cursed at my friend why he didnt bought magic-movement :lol2: , after i realized shortly that it was buggy, then we all kinda suicided rather quickly ... ;)
for his first time on the map and also be a beginner in SXRPG he played well - ok, i also told him which ups to buy, and his ghost with berserk slow was fun :) and the last unit standing.

haha, and in the first game, my friend, although unexpierienced player had an interesting hero choice ... white mage!

the following games, were not so lucky with couple of other players like bumbadabum and redcar and more - although not too bad, but we suffered from a death from time too time - so the parties fell apart while reloading - however -..

so i decided to play a last game, with all 5 heroes controlled by me,

- white mage (mage, lawful, free illumination (due to that free fearless and constant daytime bonus, free healing)
- dwarven thunderer (ranger, neutral)
- grand marshall (cleric, lawful, free fearless)
- paladin (cleric, neutral)
- dwarven warrior (warrior, neutral)

well, the team is promising - due bad play partially and lacking concentration i really had to reload quite often so far though - mostly because i just wanted to press through impatientely - i played much better the games before especially in the first game :)
however, due to save/reload (i can also try out different equipment/hero builds), i have a party that i had in mind - im around turn 30 now ... things look good
ai6 is beaten, the party divided up, the holy order take on the undead boss, while the dwarves are ordered to pillage the caves. gold comes in plenty.

im a bit disturbed that my thunderer had really some luck recently (ctk 50%) when he took out two horse heroes. well it happened without reloading, but was weak play since, if he wouldnt had succeeded he would have had no alternatives to survive the situation, so the replay is not really a good example how to play. i just tried it because i could reload ... maybe i replay the whole situation and do a solid play -

since i plan to load it up just as an example.

i continue for an hour or so now on server - its basically just a game to test if the level CAN be beaten at expierienced difficulty.

i look forward when my white mage gets a damage item and then has constantly +50% damage ....
+25% daytime bonus and +25% leadership (item) bonus - also nice that he acts as a healing bay, paladin also has minor heal for free.

and the fun will really start when my party start to produce demons and then i gues the chaotic [censored] order as wel as the undead abominations will be shattered to the ground - for the holy order of light ! way to go however. it really takes some time ... :=)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

hey i played a few rounds now (and replayed the [censored] "luck" situation due to completely avoiding it)
now its caution, solid gameplay :)

man, i guess i was tired last night.
its a hard battle. right now im turn 45. just one Boss down atm.
Time to restock and get some Weapon Upgrades :)
and more armor.

Temple of bones Map.
SXRPG_TempleOfBones_Runde_45_hard_battle.gz
(570.46 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
swangdoodles

Post by swangdoodles »

Hi,

First of all, I like the new map Temple of bones. It is a nice game.
I do have one question:

The final boss (the artifact demon) has 3 loyal units that defend the entry into his castle. Normally (as is the case with all other enemy castles) these loyal defenders can not move out of the castle. But in this final castle they can... Is this intentional?
All I had to do now was to lure the bone dragon out of the castle with one unit, and on the next turn move in with my berserk-skirmish-warrior (who used a yellow potion). That killed the final boss...
Maybe there should be 3 Gorgon Sorceresses (that can not move out of the castle). And then position the bone dragon behind the Gorgon.
That would make it much harder, as the gorgons are not easy to kill.

Ciao,
Swangdoodles
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Woah, swangdoodles, do you mean you beat the map? Congrats!
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
swangdoodles

Post by swangdoodles »

Well yeah I did. But it was a very long game (like a 150 turns and two days and nights). And I used units from the Era of Magic (they are my favorite). The Gorgons were the biggest problem and they killed my units several times. This was my third time trying the map, but in the other two runs I never got past the bosses in the N/E and north/central.

Now that I have run through the map with Era Magic (I used them to sort of scout the map before I try it again), I will try it again with the default units.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Mabuse, a quick suggestion: There's a 4th alignment called Liminal, where units fight best at dawn and dusk. How about adding it as an alignment option in character development?
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

The final boss (the artifact demon) has 3 loyal units that defend the entry into his castle. Normally (as is the case with all other enemy castles) these loyal defenders can not move out of the castle. But in this final castle they can... Is this intentional?
All I had to do now was to lure the bone dragon out of the castle with one unit, and on the next turn move in with my berserk-skirmish-warrior (who used a yellow potion). That killed the final boss...
Maybe there should be 3 Gorgon Sorceresses (that can not move out of the castle). And then position the bone dragon behind the Gorgon.
That would make it much harder, as the gorgons are not easy to kill.
ok, interesting suggestion.

yes, that the bosses move outside is intentional. i thought that would make it more challenging.
but actually, since it is the last boss -

i think i will change it as you suggested. thx for feedback :)
Mabuse, a quick suggestion: There's a 4th alignment called Liminal, where units fight best at dawn and dusk. How about adding it as an alignment option in character development?
good idea. i noted it to take a look.

how does lininal work exactly? do units just get an attack bonus, but no penalty?
in this case i might think about implementing it at all or penalize it otherwise - else it is cleraly the "best" alignment to chose.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Mabuse wrote:how does lininal work exactly? do units just get an attack bonus, but no penalty?
in this case i might think about implementing it at all or penalize it otherwise - else it is cleraly the "best" alignment to chose.
I asked Espreon on IRC, and this is what he said:

Code: Select all

[03:23]	vultraz	Espreon: how does Liminal work?
[03:24]	Espreon	I have no idea how it works these days.
[03:25]	Espreon	... I think the "liminal_bonus" is derived from the lawful one.
[03:25]	Espreon	... automatically.
[03:25]	vultraz	it works best at dawn and dusk
[03:25]	vultraz	but is there a -25 tod?
[03:26]	Espreon	I think it might be day.
[03:28]	vultraz	what happens at night
[03:29]	Espreon	0%
[03:29]	Espreon	... I think.
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Detailed description of liminal: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34952
but I read the latest post in that thread as a warning that the mechanics might change.
Currently updating the SurvivalXtreme Collection, and the SXC Pressure scenario. That's about a mermish necromancer, who's just found out that her Tentacles Of The Deep have been nerfed.