SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.6.0n - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Hello,
so the demon thingy is fixed.
but not yet uploaded.

whats next:
- bosses/mobile bosses will drop items
(already started with it, however can take a while to be completed, there will be about 40-50 dropable items -
ofc some will be similar to each other, every item can only be dropped once, except gold-coins and potions (and maybe others, yet unknown items)

also i plan to add a smaller, but partially crispy/hard map, which will be a remake (complete remake) of my very first map.
"wizard of war I".

complete remake means that they will be ONLY "thematically" based on the old map.
the map will be bigger (the original one is 40x40) and be around 65x65 to 70x70 (about cantar-size), and of course improved gameplaywise, new units and so on.
Last edited by Mabuse on February 7th, 2013, 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Perhaps you would like to use one of my two SX maps? I think you've seen one of them, not sure about the other.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

sure, just send them to me. i will definately take a look at them.

(btw i edited the post above, right now theres only a remake of "Wizard of War I" planned)
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

Im sorry, Ive played this game for a long time but Im just reinstalling after awhile. I cannot seem to figure out how to play your survival maps. Im playing version 1.10.5 and I installed every add on that said survival and even saw and installed your (mabuse) sx collection. How do I start one of these maps? Ive looked for the maps under multiplayer-> create games, but cant find them.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

probably you installed too many add-ons (best guess), and the list cannot display so many scenarios :)

"SXRPG ADDON" is all you need and works fine as a standalone (no other DL needed)
(it is named "add on" out of tradition, as it was originally an add-on to the very first SX Version made by clonkinator)

if you want to play the SXCollection i recommend to DL the REMAKE (SXC remake)
however, the sxcollection is not made or maintained by me, it is maintained by -STF-.
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

Im 10,000% its not that I have too many add ons downloaded (come on).

I go to multiplayer-> create game, do I have to select anything after that, like an era or anything? I redownloaded the survival addons including the music etc, but still having no luck.

Do I need to go to previous wesnoth version, need a special era add on, or a non windows version or something?

This makes me so mad because I think its probably a very simple problem.
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

Im looking through the data->add ons folder, and every "scenario" I DO see listed in my "create games" has a werid orange icon next to it, and every "map" I dont in the "create games" list has a piece of paper icon next to it.

Do I need a special unzip program, or scenario reader program or something? Or do I just need to rename the "maps" folder into a "scenario" folder?
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

yes I have confirmed it, I cannot open your map files without a specialized program (most of the "scenario" folder maps are openable with my "free opener" program.

What do I need to open your sx maps? Microsoft word, or a specific unzip program? Do I have to associate a certain program with your maps?

Im playing with windows 7 if that matters.
Last edited by Charles555nc on February 10th, 2013, 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain_Wrathbow

Post by Captain_Wrathbow »

A scenario file (or anything with a .cfg extension) can be opened with a text editor, such as Notepad, Textedit, Kate, Notepad++, etc.

A map file (.map extension) can also be opened with a text editor, but you will only see terrain codes and that will probably not make much sense. If you want to edit/view a wesnoth map, you should open it with the in-game map editor.
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

FIXED it. When you install the game you are given an option to

1. Install saves and personal data in the install directory with everything else (select this one)

Or

2. Install saves and personal date in the documents directory (I foolishly seleted this one previously)

So for whatever reason, the survival maps dont work if they are in your documents directory, but most of the other maps/scenarios do.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

just wanted to drop a note that there will be another system-change.

the prices of damage/strikes will be increased by 50%, prices for HP also increased by 50%

(and all related values get changed accordingly to maintain the balance, e.g. boss stats, enemy stats, blue pots, yellow pots, enhancements, regen values enemies, regen max values, ability stats, shop weapon stats, spell values, traits, variables, enhancement price inflation, ... )

results are satisfying though, e.g. 1875 HP bosses (the very last bosses have that much HP) will end up with about 975-1000 HP and the like.

of course a change like this will also bring balance changes, initial stats of units will become even more important. for example since HP are more expensive, high base HP will benefit, low base HP units (ghost for example) get punished a bit instead.

need to be done to make the game playable. :)

of course also other things are on the to-so list.
bosses will drop items if killed,
maybe new weapon specials, weapon special combos get added.
new spells or spell variants may get added.

for example high level damage spells will also SLOW enemies automatically.

"aura of death" and variants will be partially "eventized" means if a hero enters the aura he will suffer a part of the damage immediatly, and the remaining damage on the turn of the enemy.
Last edited by Mabuse on February 11th, 2013, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Charles555nc wrote:FIXED it. When you install the game you are given an option to
glad you found a solution, i had no idea what could have been wrong ;)
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Charles555nc wrote:FIXED it. When you install the game you are given an option to

1. Install saves and personal data in the install directory with everything else (select this one)

Or

2. Install saves and personal date in the documents directory (I foolishly seleted this one previously)

So for whatever reason, the survival maps dont work if they are in your documents directory, but most of the other maps/scenarios do.
Weird, because I store my addons in Documents/My Games/Wesnoth-1.10 and it works fine.

EDIT: mabuse, have you heard of the Wesnoth UMC Dev repository? You could add SXRPG to it and have access to SVN services, so we could help with stuff.
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
Charles555nc

Post by Charles555nc »

Im actually a long time player of the survival maps (that how I knew how fun they were) and yes the reinstall to the main directory fixed my problem (no one else had any help for me, so I figured it out myself and posted it for others who might have my problem).

These are just my opinions of course, but

1. Wouldnt it be wiser to not lower hp so much, and just set a max level for resistances? The biggest problem I see is people picking champs with insanely high natural resists, and then more on top of that, and being almost unkillable.

2. Divine reward: +1 gold for killing chaotic troops
Soul Stealer: +1 gold for killing any troop

Might it be better to give Divine reward, +2 gold, or +1 gold and some health healed back? So that Soul Stealer would not always just be better than Divine reward.

3. Perhaps "slow" attribute should be more costly in general? Keep it the same on Net, but lower the stats of net, so it is basically just a slow, like 1dmg striking 4 or 5 times and slowing on hit.

4. Better in game explanation of stamina.

I appreciate your work!
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Charles555nc wrote:1. Wouldnt it be wiser to not lower hp so much, and just set a max level for resistances? The biggest problem I see is people picking champs with insanely high natural resists, and then more on top of that, and being almost unkillable.
Part of the fun of SX is picking a unit that you will be able to improve in a way that it can survive. If someone finds a good unit, then good for them. Plus, it keeps it simple for newbies, and more fun in general :)
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!