SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.8.90 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

another tings: after thinking abit about it ....

there may be a fast and efficient way to make that UNDO thingy.
so i wil try my best and wil show soon some results. :)

so conclusion for balance changes:
----------------------------

- the ranger will lose the bonus on potion storage

- the ranger will lose cyan potion bonus

- the roguewarrior will lose +1 move after kill

- roguewarrior will lose their potion storage bonus

- warriors/roguewarriors will get a magical-rage weapon in shop

- warriors/roguewarriors will get a magical-charge weapon in shop

- warriors/clerics can upgrade ranged weapons with SLOW special

- warriors/clerics get a +1 BOTH STRIKES enhancement-option for some good gold
(will be balanced that "hunting" skill stil makes sense to get COST-wise (but perhaps you want to get some other trait that cannot be bought in shop either but then you have to PAY for it, will be also balanced so upgrading a default weapon (with 4+ strikes) also makes sense)

- there may be a new ability called "alchemyst" or something which gives you +1 potions storage and cheaper potions

this is all im willing to do balancewise. ;)
(note that the ranger do not lose its +1 move after kill, since he needs that for escaping berserkers)

then UNDO option will be realized

then small maps get added.
THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.0 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Hello,
so Version 4.9.0 is up.
Hopefully the last balance change for now ;)

4.9.0:

Gameplay Changes:
------------------------

Nerfs:
-----------
- roguewarrior lose +1 move after kill
- ranger lose the bonus on potion storage
- ranger lose cyan potion bonus
- clerics get a -25% price-bonus on cyan potions (formerly it was -50% price bonus)

Buffs:
------------
- warriors/roguewarriors get a magical-rage weapon in shop
- warriors/roguewarriors get a magical-charge weapon in shop
- warriors/clerics can upgrade ranged weapons with SLOW special (300 Gold)
- warriors/clerics get a +1 BOTH STRIKES enhancement-option (400 Gold initial Price)
(1 time only)

- warriors and roguewarriors have now access to lightfoot-ability

New:
------------

- new ability:
Alchemy: +1 potion storage; -25% potion cost; 50 gold
(for rangers and magic-classes only)

- small changes to GUI, experimental

So all in all a try to balance out the heros again.
Basically nothing really changed, except a nerf on mainly rangers and roguewarriors, but also the cyan potion of the clerics got a bit stronger

warriors and roguewarriors get 2 more weapon choices in shop to build up some intial firepower if desired.
basically the weapons that already existed (but with magical), i old days we had a "hammer of rage" and the "lance" had charge too. so bring back the good 'ol stuff - but a bit enhanced by now :)

also, and most importantly, ALL CLASSES can now have LIGHTFOOT, since this seems to be a pretty nice ability, and somewhat basic, so i want to give all classes the opportunity to play something fast and funny.

a new ability was brought up --> ALCHEMY, which gives +1 potion storage and -25% potion cost for 50 Gold and 1 Ability Slot. only for RANGERS and MAGIC CLASSES, since WARRIOR CLASSES have STUNNING SHIELD USE.

Last but not least the GUI was very slightly altered, now you can display 4-5 fully upgraded weapons, also see more traits and abilities, and also some slight gfx changes ... lets see how well they work out.

now i think all clases can be something funny, the CLERIC obviously the weakest Class INITIALLY, needs to be build up a bit and/or rely on high combat-STAT-firepower mainly.

also the warriors can upgrade the net, or other ranged weapon they have (but it makes only sense if they upgrade a 5 strike weapon, if less or equal than 4 strikes better buy a net and upgrade it with BOTH STRIKES or even better HUNTER-TRAIT and sell the default weapon.
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Another Quick_Fix as usual.

mainly it is nessessary because i thought about some things, but also
since i forgot a hide the custom terrain in the editor, which could mess up your map-editor :)

4.9.10:

Gameplay Changes:
------------------------

Nerfs:
-----------
- rangers lose -1 armor slot

BUffs:
-----------
- warriors/clerics +1 BOTH STRIKES enhancement-option cost get reduced to 340
(formerly 400 Gold initial Price) ... no need to make it that expensive

General:
----------------
- tried to influence the consistency of creep armies on all maps

Bug Fix:
--------------
- Custom GFX hidden in Editor now (will clutter up the default stuff)

about the nerf i do not need to lose much words, rangers get high mobility, so they lose an armor point.
i though about taking away that extra move after kill, but i think its better that way than the other.

the buff is just since the extra BOTH-strike option to enhance net was just too expensive in 4.9.0, i exxagarated a bit the penalty for the player. getting HUNTING trait makes still sense. the monetary penalty is now about as high as not chosing INTELLLIGENT and then buying that extra ability in shop.
if you have a default weapn with 5 strikes or higher, it makes even sense to add slow manually to that weapon. as lest theoretically. in fact everyone should simply buy the net and thats it (as it already was before). more choices - more room to make ERRORS. but perhaps someoe whats to try othjer srategies/heros.

the general-change is about to be more interesting but also somewhat obscure, i just tried to even out the relation of melee based and ranged-based creeps. in the old version there were more melee based creeps, which made killing them with a ranged unit more easy. i tried to even that out a bit. however, nobody can really predict what the ai will do or not do. in future versions i may add some more custom/default units to make life more miserable for the players anyway.

next thing will be undo button ;)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

OPEN DISCUSSION:
--------------------

hello, about the proposal about charge ....

ok, since we debated about a few things, and i made my mind about it ..

so its about magical+charge
and what to do about

so people say when adding onrush+slow to it, the damage recieved is still to high so something more defensive is needed. when adding onrush+slow the effective damage multiplier is 0.7x2x2= 2.8
while the damage taken is 1x2x2x0.5 = 2

with more multiplier on damage like leadership-item or daylightbonus someone can get a respektable amount of damage

but as said, damage taken is also high

anyways when i add now another defnsive weapon special that simply reduce the amount of damage taken, then the EFFECTIVENESS of the weapon will be too good (it already comes with super-strong attack-power)

So finally, i recommend in this case NOT TO ADD onrush-slow (475), instead buy simply STUNNING SHIELD USE and add SLOW ONLY (together for 525 gold). this may seem expensive on first sight, but remember that you can add slow to all other weapons also.

or, in case yoou dont want spend an ability SLOT: add onrush+slow (475) to magical-charge and delete charge simply. ;)

in any case, adding anotherspecial that JUST reduces damage-taken would be too good, and an item that reduces both damage-dealt and damage-taken would be kinda pointless.

in this case better go magical-rage+slow from the beginning, or just delete charge after adding onrush slow.
the effects are the same - no need to make a special for that.

so atm i dont see a possibility to add something defensive to charge without making is kinda useless (other combos do the same WIHTOUT adding a new special) or to overpower it
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

sx melee unit , horse any weapon + magical + charge this is fixed for me, no delete
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

so you use specialssimply becasue they suit your falvor - ok, that is RPG-SYTLE

then you have to use stunning shield use.
makes anyway more sense once you want to upgrade more than one weapon -

theres also a technical side:
-----------------------------
ofc i htought about adding a new class and giving it a new special which replaces charge then, but however, im also limited about the number of DAMAGE-multipliers i can use, since when to many stack on each other, no-luck mode will become buggy (also adds damage-multipliers).

and since charge is already a damage-multiplier i cannot add another one.
so IF there is done something about it, it cannot be done via adding a damage modifier, wether it increases the damage or decreases the damage.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

hey, just an update:

atm SXRPG will be ported to 1.11.

basically its already done, just some slight adjustments and some deprecated stuff had to be exchanged.
(well, i have to get rid off all the double names for the abilities still)

a new THEME was also implemented. with more place for weapons, delete unused (in sxRPG) stuff and such.

there will be a new map, and then the new version gets uploaded.
Naughtius_Maximus

Post by Naughtius_Maximus »

Hi, I've recently ported this game onto my phone, love it. Decided to try some mods. As fate would have it I chose to play this RPG mod. Again, also love it. Though I'm not exactly stuck at my level (just playing normal,) I am nearly obsessive compulsive about unlocking an entire map. In Wizard of War 2, what general location can I find the Rusty Key? I have never really spotted it, and it's particularly hard because my phone isn't exactly big enough for noticing "rusty" colored items anyhow. Thanks.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Yoooo, just to ask, for when you plan any another update, or new map? Im curious... In the meantime here is something below:
http://forums.wesnoth.org/download/file.php?id=66666
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Hello,

thx for Feedback -

actually i could convince myself to PORT SXRPG to 1.12 Version.
Also i have basically 2 maps im working on, but no one is completed actually.

Still the 1.12 Version will come with some kind of improvement (or at least a change).
there will be a different Item drop system.

previously:
the Item-drop-chance was GLOBAL and was calculated from the number of players ingame.

example how the old way worked:
- there are 3 players in game
- each player will add 18% drop chance to a global item-drop-chance
- drop chance if a boss is killed is: 54%

what will change:
the item-drop-chance will become individually for each player, and will be checked for each player consecutively

example:
- there are 3 players in game
- each player has 18% drop chance
- drop chance if a boss is killed is: 18%; if successful item is dropped, if not check for another 18%
if successful item is dropped, if not check for another 18%

so each player is checked.

This also allows that playes may raise their drop chances individually.
so some players may invest in higher drop rates. so i the 3 player example, p1 could have 18%, p2 could have 20% and p3 could have 22%

then the check would be like:

- drop chance if a boss is killed is: 18%; if successful item is dropped, if not check for 20%
if successful item is dropped, if not check for 22%

that allows a lot of new things, for example you cmay now increase item-drop chance in SHOP

however, conversion will be upload soon.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Also i just found some bugs that prevented some items to be spawned ....

THIS VERSION IS NOT LONGER MAINTAINED