SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

noize

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.8.70 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by noize »

Rules same, no reloads, solo play.
ToB by ghast roguemage experienced mode in 115 turns, took about 2 hours : https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1n4e5bvgzs8z ... 15.gz?dl=0
WoW2 by ghost roguemage expert mode in 146 turns, took about 4 hours -_- : https://www.dropbox.com/s/bl28gscmoc26n ... 46.gz?dl=0
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Haha, cool Stuff.

Now i dl'ed the newest Version of wesnoth 10.X and have some replays to watch.
(and some free time)

thx both of you :)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Hey, since you reported to suffer from a bug that does end the game after acamanthus is defeated, which does not occur on my machine for instance. (usually, as you surely know you are also supposed also kill darth saul in the final battle)

(made a quick test run with unlimited money - killing darth saul on turn 15 or something, so for me it works, but perhaps i overseen something)

unfortuanately i also was not able to watch NOIZE replay fully (even after installing the newest version 10.7)

i'll load up another version today to try to fix that issue (first i need to watch your replays - perhaps i forgot about something)

damn, and i also cannot watch your replay fully.
can you tell me the order in which the enemy leaders got killed?
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ok. thx. the order is almost the same i used for killing the enemy leaders .. so nothing unusual here

except as you already entioned, the "boss" (its only a boss) on 89,72.

i also left him aside in my unlimited money run. will test it if it has something to so with it, but most likely not.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

ok, after testing (and skimming through the scn-code), there is nothing wrong with the logic of the scripts.

but i found the reason for the bug: killing acamanthus with a damage-spell or a bomb will not trigger its death sequence and thus not spawn related units (including darth saul)

you mentioned that bug earlier (though ina nother relation), and i think this can cause errors on almost all maps.

need to fix that and upload a new version :)
thx for report
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

well, its already fixed. (in the not yet uploaded version)
and i found and fixed another horrible bug.

however, i have the feeling something could be done about CHARGE special for the melee classes
i have plans to replace it with another (addable) special

(also clerics will get the cheaper potion bonus and +1 potion storage)
clerics may get BLESSING special which simply enhances their combat damage by 20%.
(200 gold) (magical+blessing combined would do a moderate amount of damage)

and warriors will get the "Onrush" special which increases their damage by 25% but they will also take +25% damage (100 gold)

also i think that rangers damage need to be reduced a bit, they are just overwhelming atm.
so the "blessing" special of the ranger may get replaced with a "critical hit" special which increases damage by 10% (that is effective a reduction of 6-8%).

accordingly the rogue warriors specials will be a mixture of the ranger+warrior specials
roguemage special will be mixture of cleric and mage specials

so all in all some more diversity among the classes
(to make the rogue warrior more attractive)

also another ability may be implemented, "alchemist" which enhances potions storage by 2 and reduces potion cost
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

and of course these are just ideas, and already changed (though they were implemented for a short time), as i need to more carefully think about.

actually, i think i will dismiss the addable rage for the cleric completely and ad a complete new special, with not so high damage, but less vulnerability (warfall suggested that)

currently, clerics and warriors "charge" got exchanged with "critical hit", which does +10% damage (just an addable upgrade with no penalties)

rangers lost "blessing" and recieved "faster reload" which gives +15% strikes., so its bit weaker than "blessing" - so all in all rangers got nerfed a bit.

on the other hand roguewarriors now have access to "hail of arrows" which will greatly improve their ranged performance. also they get the "critical hit"

so far im fine with that, but the clerics may lose "addable rage" (they keep rage/slow though) and might get somwthing else .... on the other hand ... if they lose addable rage they cannot upgrade the shield anymore. hmm.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Hello Warfall,

no no, of course rage is not discarded. this would only make the number of choices less, which makes the game poorer and not richer.

what gets discarded is "rage+slow" upgrade, since it was useless anyways. you can always buy slow first and then add rage to it.

instead i added a new special called "ONRUSH SLOW", ONRUSH presses the engement for 2 Rounds and SLOW gets added to it. But the best thing is, it is ADDABLE (cannot be combined with rage or berserk though).

so the melee units (including cleric) get another solid option called "magical+onrush slow+(critical hit --> also new, and replaces charge), it does not deal that high damage of magical+rage+slow, but is surely a serious option for clerics now.
magical-onrush-slow is bascially what was in former days "magical-charge-slow", but this time also clerics can get it

Regarding BLESSED and FAST RELOAD (new, available for ranger, increases strikes by 15%)
yes, the strikes get ONLY added if the integer is full.
(or better said, since it is an integer eveything which is not a full number gets cut)

for blessed this is every 5 strikes the case.
as you showed correctly in your number-table
5(+1), 10(+2), 15(+3)
being hit by the strike cap, only +3 strikes are possible (if reaching 20 strikes a +4 would be possible)

for fast-reload this is the case every 7 strikes.
7 (+1), 14(+2)
being hit by the strike cap, only +2 strikes are possible (if reaching 20 strikes a +3 would be possible - and its 20 strikes for the 3rd add since it is not exactly every 7 strikes)

new version will be uploaded soon, last tests remaining
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.8.81 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

New Version (well, basically two in a row)

4.8.80:

Gameplay changes:
-----------------------

- "INSTANT cYAN POTION" is placed in MAIN shop menu, below FULL HEAL Option

- Items that increase Regeneration rate will activate and display new regeneration value immediatly after being picked up
(formerly the effect only took place after visiting the shop)

- killing enemies with damage-spells gives double expierience
(formerly: half expierience)

- ArmorItems that gave +20% resistance (ice-, fire-, arcanearmor) are reduced to +15% resistance-bonus

- new dropable Item: small Satchel, +1 Potion Storage
- new dropable Item: Crown of Dwarven Lords, 60% cave/hill Def, 1 move cost cave/hill
- new dropable Item: Amulett of Water, 50% shallow/deep Def, 1 move cost shallow/deep
- new dropable Item: Staff of Asklepios, +MegaHeal ability, +10% regeneration rate

- BERSERK SPECIAL now delivers +20% damage to enemies (formerly +15%), Special cost raised to 475 gold.
(formerly 450). Shop Weapons got adjusted accordingly.

- CHARGE got removed from melee weapon-specials upgrade menu, instead a new weapon special got added,
called CRITICAL HIT, it will increase damage by 10% when used offensively

- rangers BLESSING got removed from ranged weapon-specials upgrade menu, instead a new weapon special got added,
called FAST RELOAD, it will increase strikes by 15% when used offensively (so slight nerf for rangers -5%)

- "RAGE SLOW" combo was discarded from Melee-Weapons-Special menu, as it was anyway achieveable through the normal upgrades.
Instead there is a new Weapon-Special Type called "ONRUSH SLOW". ONRUSH SLOW will press the engagement for 2 rounds plus giving
SLOW to the attack (halving enemy damage and movement) and is ADDABLE (but not combineable with berserk or rage).
For giving more options to make nice Combos. what about MAGICAL+ONRUSH SLOW+CRITICAL HIT for a Cleric or Warrior.
Deals Top Damage while keeping Damage low.
(of course nothing beats MAGICAL+RAGE SLOW+CRITICAL HIT, but that only possible for Warriors)

- "MAGICAL" was discarded from Ranged-Weapons-Special menu as it served no purpose.
too expensive as a cheap boost for a default weapon and useless as a main-base-upgrade. since MAGIC CIRCLE took its place
as a "precise"-hitter-mian-base-upgrade. So magical remains a base-special for some shop/player weapons.
i added "MARKSMAN" for 50 Gold to the Upgrade-Menu. "MARKSMAN" will serve as a cheap upgrade to increase chance-to-hit
for weapons with no initial upgrades.

Hero Gameplay Changes:
-----------------------

- clerics get +1 potion storage and reduced potion cost

- clerics divine-healing spell can now be cast also NEAR full hp, so the HP dont need to be exactly
full, but it needs to be sure that they will end up with a positive HP value after casting

- roguewarriors use ranger-specials for ranged weapons
(hail-of-arrows / fast reload)

- roguemages use mage-specials for ranged weapons
(focus / blessing)

Bug Fixes:
----------

- fixed a very bad bug that only added 4 ranged-damage for the "+8 ranged-damage" shop option
now 8 damage are added for the +8 ranged-damage option

- slight (cosmetic only) changes to WoWII map

- fixed bug that prevented ai-leader death-messages to be called by game-engine,
when ai-leaders get killed by spells or bombs

- fixed bug that left berserk 15% damage bonus when overwriting berserk with rage
(haha, i guess noone figured that out though :))

4.8.81:

Gameplay changes:
-----------------------

- Rangers get only a reduced price for cyan potions -- small nerf rangers
(other potion cost normal)

Bug Fixes:
-----------------------

- Hall of Fame updated and restructured

conclusion
---------------
so all in all, rangers got slightly nerfed (they lose in the last consequence a strike due to fast relaod not as good as blessing, and lose theri bonus on red and blue potions), clerics and warriors have some new upgrades to play with (buff), mages overall the same, while roguewarriors profit a lot from the changes (same ups as warriors and rangers)

and of course bug fixes and some other things

.. now i think i will make a nice, crispy smallish map
Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 4.8.81 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Hello,

one little thing slipped through my fingers .. the magenta-team-color of the spider-lich is not corectly set (palette or something else), i see it every tme i play evil-dead, but then again .. i forget to fix it asap.

will be fixed on the next update.

the new map has made some progress - i started a complete new one from scratch - and i also gathered some unused sprites i also didnt want to use in other maps i planned (i plan a lot and dont do anything about it :)). of course no spoilers). of course there will be also some well known enemies . . as usual :)