SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MCP

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 3.9.93h - now on 1.10.0 Server.

Post by MCP »

Last night I was trying out expert 1p and it is indeed more difficult. I was reformulating my plan, that is the build for the solo horseman. I was trying rage versus berserk for instance.

I actually just made a tactical error on turn ~24 and overestimated how many enemies I could kill in one turn, due to having less starting money.

edit:
I'm having a lot of trouble doing Expert Evil Dead on 1p even. I am finding myself behind on damage or HP (or abilities/armor) due to a lack of gold.
I can get to the first leader around turn 40, but I haven't taken care of more than two mobile bosses roaming about. This leaves the fire dragon, the bone dragon, liches, etc.

Now i have 75% pierce resists, but the bone dragon still did 12-4 damage to me, which wouldn't matter that much if I had more damage.

I am going to have to rethink exactly what I spend money on each turn and how to grab as much gold as possible as soon as possible, but it can get dangerous going around to all the caves as well...

Anyways, it's hard. :)
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

vultraz wrote:Hey Mause, will the new map be ready soon? I was thinking when it was we (the poeple who were playing EvilDead the other day) could take it for a test run. :D
well yes, soon - at least thats the plan.

im for my part looking forward testing it with the players from that game.
adn of course with other too - i contacted lester a while ago and he told me that he also want to playtest the game. (and i have no doubt that some people are probably better off playing without me :D)

i spoil anything though.

maybe the introduction:
Friends! Doom is upon us. Once again the vast armies of chaos stand against the Empire of Men!
Unholy creatures from every corner of Hell, and the worlds beyond our civilisation gather and prepare for their devastating assault.
Your former adventures were a proof of the impact of these unfortuanate events. The Emperor of Chaos has returned and he is stronger than ever. Once again the cores of our empires are shaken and im here to ask for your help in a very important task:

In the far east near the abadoned deserts of Kyth, there is an ancient site guarded by an order of unholy knights. Legend says this site, an ancient temple full of the most gruesome abominations, guard the entrance to a dark citadell.

Aeons ago the Emperor of Chaos, just before he was defeated by the Empire of Men and banned into Hell, sealed an powerful artifact within this citadell. Legend tells further that this artifact was his most powerful weapon, and that he would unleash it power against the Empire of Men when his time has come again.

The Site is still in the Hands of the Chaotic Order and it is said that the Artifact bears incredible, devastating power. If this Artifact reaches the hands of the Dark Emperor and its destructive power is unleashed against us we may be all doomed and there is no hope.

Break into this ancient site and destroy this artifact hidden deep in the temple. You have mastered the most incredible tasks, and this is a challenge worthy of the greatest heroes. Travel as fast you can to the castle of Shaak'tar - our last Outpost in the region - near the Oasis of Zuul which is inhabited by snakelike creatures. The entrance to the Temple is somewhere in this Area, i fear though that you dont have to search for a long time, since the dark emperor may have assigned his guards to attack already.

Good Luck my friends, the eyes of Wesnoth are upon you!
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

I played with nightmare on wow2 today , as ranger, vector and precision was effective even on undead boss. I turned 2 hydras and 1 Gargoyel boss on my side. It felt like cheat so i killed the nightmare.
Is nightfade removed, why?

I usally play wow2 because i know most of it, i played evil dead with horse too but i came to a part where i dont know to head too (cavalry is a bit better on that map,less slow and drain), maybe we can play it MCP.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

which era is nightmare in? (ok, ageless, but the "sub-era" ?)
and which faction?

anyways, thx for your reports on OP units, this is really appreciated, since i basically want
SXRPG playable with all eras, but there will be always ABILITIES or SPECIALS that simply spoil the fun (also for the other players) if someone is just too strong simply because he gets for example +1damage (40 gold ingame) added for each kill.

Such an abilitiy is almost meaningless in regular game, but in SX its hopelessly OP.

EDIT:
Ok, i found it.
Due to the structure of the SPECIAL i have to remove the entire attack.
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

I think cavalry needs a own class , warrior and cleric is too much berserk and rage focused. (costs r crazy for a different way)

Why doesnt rogue use night,dayfade or sloughtbend to use backstabb , like the surprise attack from waiter (cult) ?
Attachments
SXRPG_EvilDead_T89_replay.gz
replaced
(393.68 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
Last edited by Griffith on April 9th, 2012, 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Araja

Post by Araja »

Greetings!

I've just moved over from SXC and have played a couple of games (this does have a lot of nice features). Generally I've liked all the design decisions I've seen so far, but there is one thing I'm very curious about.

I joined a game of TheEvilDead (Experienced difficulty, just in case it matters) and chose the "Malice of the Gods", a magician unit from the Darklander faction. The unit comes with magical, slows and drains on its attack, but for some reason I only had magical. I understand and agree with drains being removed due to its overpowered nature in SX, so I'm not asking about that.

What I want to ask is why slow was removed. The bosses seem to be built on the assumption that you have slowing attacks available, so stripping it off my character at the start was...Unexpected.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Mabuse: just wondering, but do you happen to still have that map I gave you about 9 months ago? The one called shadow.map?
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Araja wrote: What I want to ask is why slow was removed. The bosses seem to be built on the assumption that you have slowing attacks available, so stripping it off my character at the start was...Unexpected.
well ... slow isnt removed.
at least not intentionally.

in your case the thing is that DRAIN gets replaced with magical, and on implementation all other weapon specials get removed too

so what really happened is:
drain, magical and slow get removed when drain gets replaced by magical.

the reason is because of the way i currently replace the drain-special
since it dosent interfere with the mainline-sxrpg-era units

but thx for pointing that out
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

vultraz wrote:Mabuse: just wondering, but do you happen to still have that map I gave you about 9 months ago? The one called shadow.map?
yes.
unfortuanately i could never open it since there is an illegal character in the map.
(of course if i really, really would have wanted it, i woudl have found a way to deal with it (for example exchange the illegal character with some legal ;)))

i PM'ed you the map

EDIT:
I just realize that i never tried to open it with 1.10 / 1.9 ;)
Zombie_Fairy

Post by Zombie_Fairy »

Why is Ulfserker not included in the SXRPG era? If I make a replay using it with its standard berserk special replaced with SXRPG-version of berserk, would it be approved?
BERSERK EVERYTHING!
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

well, it wasnt included since it was considered as too weak.

i can put it into the era
(and ofc, the berserk should be replaced with a sxrpg version of berserk (only active on offense), else it could quickly die)

after all, its a dwarven warrior with low HP, low resists, but a 5 move base and a berserker sword at start.

wel, i think it can be included.
MCP

Post by MCP »

The original idea was to not include it because inexperienced players would use it, not buy any other weapons, and would die very quickly. They do that anyways with other units, the berserk just speeds up the process because it's also active on defense.

I see no reason to not include it.
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Mabuse wrote:
vultraz wrote:Mabuse: just wondering, but do you happen to still have that map I gave you about 9 months ago? The one called shadow.map?
yes.
unfortuanately i could never open it since there is an illegal character in the map.
(of course if i really, really would have wanted it, i woudl have found a way to deal with it (for example exchange the illegal character with some legal ;)))

i PM'ed you the map

EDIT:
I just realize that i never tried to open it with 1.10 / 1.9 ;)
Yup, opens on 1.10.1 fine for me :)
BTW, I seem to remember you saying you could use that map to make an SXRPG scen. :whistle:
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

Ageless era --> enchanters --> cursehand unit make SX break (no gold,no 4 moves after kill).
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Griffith wrote:Ageless era --> enchanters --> cursehand unit make SX break (no gold,no 4 moves after kill).
thx for report, but its no SX issue.
the behaviour is caused by the way the weapon special is coded.