SX RPG ADD ON 4.9.10 - now on 1.10.x Server.

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mabuse

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 3.9.93h - now on 1.10.0 Server.

Post by Mabuse »

Araja wrote:That's something I've been curious about for awhile actually, can I ask why that's the case? The traditional thing to do would be to have all classes available on all difficulty levels, so people can practice on lower difficulties before moving on. It seems an odd design choice to throw people in at the deep end if they want to play those classes.
I want to say something about this point.

initially the rogue class was (and probably is) an experimental class, so i deciced only experienced players who know what they do should have access to this class.

the rogue class is strong in the beginning so players may think it is OP but it will lose its strengh in later game in comparison to the other classes.

of course im happy that rogue is a popular choice, havent thought that when i implemented the class.

still i think it is good that newer players play the "classic" classes first, so they can handle classic SX, and later there is a new class to discover.
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Lester

Re: SX RPG ADD ON 3.9.99x - now on 1.10.0 Server.

Post by Lester »

MCP wrote:Giant armor spiders is WoW2 were not handled by no luck in the replay with Zeus and I.

Hi Lester,
Hopefully we can get a 5p game sometime.
Sure thing. I can learn alot from new tactics u told me earlier.

Found another glitch yesterday, while i was playing Castle of Cantar map.

After someone has taken the: "Holy Sword of the Crusader" u CAN pickup the other item: "Ring of Darkness".
That would make no sence after all. It might confuse people by thinking it is cumulative on the +25% bonus leadership for self and adjacent players.

Also found out why it is broken:

The [show_if] on the Ring of Darkness doesnt see that u allready have the sword, by a typo.

line 1875 & 1887 & 1904 in file: SXItems.cfg

replace sword by swords
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Griffith

Post by Griffith »

Rogues r strong enough , in early game they can kill bosses with slow(ranged) + rage(melee) tactic.

i would like to see a different class, like:
Charger class
-> +2 armor slots, +1 movement
-> gets the charger ability = +2 damage every 4 movement.
-> no rage or berserk special or weapons.
-> can buy dragonslayer lance (arcane magical/charge) for 150 gold, or magical/charge special for 200 gold.
-> can buy only net for ranged weapons, no ranged upgrades.
-> no dexterous ability, but rider ability instead +20% defense on plains(60% max) and -10% in forests and caves.

that would be fun.
snakeboy

Post by snakeboy »

how do u get enough mana 2 summon a demon?
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

This seems like a pretty fun addon, I have a question concerning setting up a solo local game- is it possible to control all 5 units per turn? Currently you move one, end turn, move next, end turn, etc. as far as I can tell. Any tips would be appreciated!
MCP

Post by MCP »

HP increases max mana, besides certain items. This will take a large number of turns to accumulate.

edit: Sorry. There is no way currently to have 5 units play on one turn. The games are balanced around the fact that each hero must go one turn at a time, followed by the enemies' turns.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

btw, i must apologize for not doing anything for a long time, but rl involved me hard -
that doesnt mean that the next step (the release of the new map) wont happen

be sure that i look from time to time into this thread.

@crow: what MCP says is right, but also the possibility exists that you play fewer than 5 heores. in this case the starting gold is raised.

ususally when i speak about a "solo-run" i mean that i only played ONE hero.

i you play 5 heroes for yourself then it isnt a solo-run, instead it is a very well coordinated 5-player team.
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

Mabuse,

Please dont remove beserk ability or the beserk weapon of rogue class because It is very weak. I agree to remove the ability that add slow to weapons (it is uselless because too expensive for rogue) so you could put "light foot" in it place (like in the start of rogue class).

---------

I have 2 suggestions to add in SXRPG:

Could you add 2 powerfull weapons (1 meelee and 1 ranged) in the map like relics. For example:

A meelle Fire sword 5 x 4 [beserk + caution];
A ranged Cold attack 5 x 4 [precision focus + slow];

This itens with very strong guards and one distant of other.

---------

Drop itens after defeat a silver crow boss. -stf- did this in sxc games and it is very interesting idea.

--------

Next map could be smaller for fast play?

-------

What do you think about?
Take a look in the things that i did: 6p - Secret Valley , MAP for SX
BuBu

Post by BuBu »

Lester wrote:Found another glitch yesterday, while i was playing Castle of Cantar map.

After someone has taken the: "Holy Sword of the Crusader" u CAN pickup the other item: "Ring of Darkness".
That would make no sence after all. It might confuse people by thinking it is cumulative on the +25% bonus leadership for self and adjacent players.

Also found out why it is broken:

The [show_if] on the Ring of Darkness doesnt see that u allready have the sword, by a typo.

line 1875 & 1887 & 1904 in file: SXItems.cfg

replace sword by swords
i agree with Lester. if you get one you couldnt get 2. Only one per time. Ring make players confuse, and sometimes think that is like defese ring or terrain ring.
If cant possible to block ... so change for other thing like sword or other thing that inst a ring.

noobs usualiy want get the 2 itens.
Take a look in the things that i did: 6p - Secret Valley , MAP for SX
balmung60

Post by balmung60 »

Oh wow, it's been entirely too long since I've played SX (or Wesnoth in general, for that matter). Last time, it didn't have it's own era. Just what does the SX era change from the Default era beyond abridging the unit options a bit? Then again, I always liked some of the UMC factions (Windsong, for example) more than most of the vanilla factions, so there's a good chance I'll be using those a fair bit when I can.
MCP

Post by MCP »

A player will crash immediately if this player has not downloaded the add-on.

When playing in the public lobby, the era ensures all participants have downloaded the add-on (although not necessarily the correct version).

It can be played with others eras.
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

Hello,
i apologize for being absent a long time. a lot of things were to do. job, familiy and such...

However, since i miss wesnoth and SXRPG and the fact that the map isnt finished yet i will put some effort again into SXRPG :)

for my own pleasure, and hopefully, once results can be seen, for yours too :)

BuBu wrote: Please dont remove beserk ability or the beserk weapon of rogue class because It is very weak. I agree to remove the ability that add slow to weapons (it is uselless because too expensive for rogue) so you could put "light foot" in it place (like in the start of rogue class).
berserk was only removed for rogue mage. rogue warrior still has berserk ability. it was removed from rogue mage to make both rogue calsses more unique.
BuBu wrote: Could you add 2 powerfull weapons (1 meelee and 1 ranged) in the map like relics. For example:
of course nice idea, however, the value of these weapons would be enourmous though.

its also well possible in future maps, that a final boss may be only vulnerable by a special weapon that has to be found previously.
BuBu wrote: Drop itens after defeat a silver crow boss. -stf- did this in sxc games and it is very interesting idea.
nice idea. something that may be added after realse of the next map.
BuBu wrote: Next map could be smaller for fast play?
the next map will be a bit shorter than "wizard II", but still big.

if i find some time i may make a short and fast paced sequence, but there a plans for very big map also
vultraz
Developer

Post by vultraz »

Welcome back, Mabuse :D Sadly, I haven't been playing Wesnoth that much recently, but now I intend to do so, soon, hopefully... hehe :P
Creator of Shadows of Deception (for 1.12) and co-creator of the Era of Chaos (for 1.12/1.13).
SurvivalXtreme rocks!!!
What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
Mabuse

Post by Mabuse »

vultraz wrote:Welcome back, Mabuse :D Sadly, I haven't been playing Wesnoth that much recently, but now I intend to do so, soon, hopefully... hehe :P
so mote it be. there will be soon something to test - ;)