Temuchin Khan's maps - New and Updated

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Temuchin Khan

Re: Temuchin Khan's maps - What do you know? 4 more Agaia m

Post by Temuchin Khan » December 2nd, 2016, 3:33 pm

I added some additional comments and information to the posts of my last four maps. I'm probably also going to post three variants on Agaia Crisis sometime this month. I've always wanted to give a little more detail about what was going on and the depth of that crisis.

EDIT: I changed my mind and only made three Agaia Crisis variants. The fourth one just seemed superfluous.

Temuchin Khan

Temuchin Khan's maps - Agaia Crisis Variants

Post by Temuchin Khan » January 22nd, 2017, 7:38 pm

I have finally completed the Agaia Crisis variants I promised, although in the end I made only 3 rather than 4. Still, I think each one helps to flesh out the time of crisis better.

Agaia Crisis East
Agaia Crisis East.png
Agaia Crisis East.png (304.08 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
Agaia Crisis East.zip
(1.97 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
1. Same as Player 1 on the original Agaia map. During the time of crisis, he briefly gains his independence.
2. Same as on the original Agaia map.
3. More or less the same as on the original Agaia map, except this is not the heart of the kingdom but a fief controlled by a military religious order. Think Knights Templar, but fighting Romans instead of Muslims.
4. Same as Player 5 on Agaia South Morph.
5. This one is new, but his culture is basically the same as that of Player 7 on Agaia South. He should probably also be the Barbarians. During this time, he’s (briefly) at the height of his power, having conquered his neighbor to the West.
6. Same as Player 8 on original Agaia map.

Agaia Crisis West
Agaia Crisis West.png
Agaia Crisis West.zip
(2.79 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
1. Same as Player 4 on Agaia North. He should be allied with Players 5, 7, and 9.
2. Same as Player 8 on Agaia South Elves.
3. Same as on original Agaia map. He should be allied with Players 2, 4, 6, and 8. Yes, in this time of crisis Players 3 and 6 manage to see past their differences.
4. Same as on original Agaia map. He should be allied with Players 2, 3, 6, and 8
5. Also the same as Player 4 on Agaia North—even though they had control of one of the major powers at this time, they still maintained their original headquarters as an outpost, and even conquered the Elven homeland from it. He should be allied with Players 1, 7, and 9.
6. Same as on original Agaia map. He should be allied with Players 2, 3, 4, and 8. Yes, in this time of crisis Players 3 and 6 manage to see past their differences.
7. Same as on original Agaia map. He should be allied with Players 1, 5, and 9.
8. Same as Player 7 on Agaia North. He should be allied with Players 3, 4, and 6
9. Same as on original Agaia map. He should be allied with Players 1, 5, and 7.

Temuchin Khan

Re: Temuchin Khan's maps - What do you know? 4 more Agaia m

Post by Temuchin Khan » January 22nd, 2017, 7:41 pm

And finally, the most thorough look yet at the southeastern tribal regions:

Agaia Crisis Deep South
Agaia Crisis Deep South.png
Agaia Crisis Deep South.zip
(1.03 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
1. This tribe has a culture similar to that of ancient Spain before the Romans conquered it. Nothing in Wesnoth is quite like it, so use the Marauders or the Arendians. He could be on his own or he could be allied with Players 8 and 9.
2. Same as Player 2 on Agaia South. He should be allied to Players 4 and 6.
3. Same as Player 3 on Agaia South. He should be allied to Players 5 and 7.
4. Same as Player 8 on Agaia South Morph. He should be allied with Players 2 and 6.
5. Same as Player 7 on Agaia South. He should be allied with Players 3 and 7
6. This is the original southern elf colony. During the time of crisis, they successfully defended their territory, unlike their northern kinfolk. No doubt that is why so many Elves migrated southward after the crisis. He should be allied with Players 2 and 4.
7. Same as Player 7 on Agaia South Morph. He should be allied with Players 3 and 5.
8. Same as on the original Agaia map. He could be on his own, or he could be allied with Players 1 and 9.
9. This tribe has a culture similar to that of the ancient Hittites. Nothing in Wesnoth is quite like it, so maybe something with an Egyptian flavor would be a good approximation. He could be on his own or he could be allied with Players 1 and 8.

The_Gnat

Re: Temuchin Khan's maps - 3 Agaia Crisis variants

Post by The_Gnat » January 22nd, 2017, 9:26 pm

Nice! I would suggest that you make the different sides on the same team using a simple scenario. I can do it for you, if you would like, for this map (it is quite easy). That way when people play it the teams are automatically set.

And i if this map becomes a all-vs.-all map i see player 6 winning (because of that castle at the top left) ;)

Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan » January 24th, 2017, 1:05 am

The_Gnat wrote:Nice! I would suggest that you make the different sides on the same team using a simple scenario. I can do it for you, if you would like, for this map (it is quite easy). That way when people play it the teams are automatically set.
That would be great!
And i if this map becomes a all-vs.-all map i see player 6 winning (because of that castle at the top left) ;)
Well, that is what happened in the history of our world. Player 6 on this map was allied with Player 4 from the original map, after all!

The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat » January 24th, 2017, 8:47 am

Yeah no problem so who exactly would you like allied? Currently i have players 1,8 & 9 allied. Players 2,4 & 6 allied. And players 3,5 & 7 allied. Is this good? (also i can easily add gold settings and income and ect.)

Here is the scenario currently:
ACDS.cfg
(8.78 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

Temuchin Khan

Post by Temuchin Khan » January 28th, 2017, 9:42 pm

The_Gnat wrote:Yeah no problem so who exactly would you like allied? Currently i have players 1,8 & 9 allied. Players 2,4 & 6 allied. And players 3,5 & 7 allied. Is this good? (also i can easily add gold settings and income and ect.)

Here is the scenario currently:
ACDS.cfg
Looks good! Thank you!

Temuchin Khan

Re: Temuchin Khan's maps - Agaia Polar Orcs

Post by Temuchin Khan » August 8th, 2017, 8:22 pm

Well, I had ideas for two more Agaia maps. I know! Enough already! But I think there's a place for these. One fleshes out the furthest north a little more, and the other explores the seas to the east. The former I will post here today, the latter I will save until the map editor is working for the Mac version of 1.13 branch.

Agaia Polar Orcs
Agaia Polar Orcs.png
Agaia Polar Orcs.zip
(2.51 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
With the old, familiar Orc nation in civil war, the nations of Agaia are safe from Orcish incursions, right? Not at all! Turns out, there are multiple Orc nations in the Polar regions!

1. Same as on Agaia Latter Days.
2. Same as on original Agaia map.
3. Same as on original Agaia map.
4. Same as Player 1 on Agaia North Orc Civil War.
5. Same as on Agaia Latter Days.
6. Orcs
7. Orcs
8. Orcs
9. Orcs

Temuchin Khan

Re: Temuchin Khan's maps - New and Updated

Post by Temuchin Khan » February 18th, 2018, 8:32 pm

I have updated eleven of my maps to take advantage of some of the new terrains available in 1.13 branch. These changes are purely aesthetic and do not effect gameplay, I just like the desert mountains and ruined desert villages.
updated for 1.13.zip
(33.9 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
I have also made a new map. This one begins to explore the seas to the east of the main continent. The screenshot is small, but the areas at the western edge are the eastern coast of the main continent. Everything else is new. I also added stretches of shallow water connecting the islands and the continent. I did this because years ago, when my siblings and I created this world, I wanted to explore the seas to the east, but never got the chance.
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 4.02.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 4.02.01 PM.png (61.17 KiB) Viewed 406 times
Agaia High Seas.zip
(3.16 KiB) Downloaded 17 times
Here are the sides:
1. Same as Player 1 from Agaia Latter Days
2. New
3. New
4 Same as Player 8 from Agaia South Morph
5. New
6. New
7. New