SXRPG Replays

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
iceiceice

Re: SXRPG Replays

Post by iceiceice »

Salutations,

Please find attached a nice, expert level replay on ToB with two units. Low level start units, no deaths. Quite sloppy in certain places but a good show nonetheless. 119 turns to the grand finale. I'm told the replay on the replay server somehow became out of sync. I watched the replay which I recorded and it seems good, that's the one posted below.

The interesting part for me in this game is the bat build -- this may be my first game ever with a bat. It certainly is in expert -- if it isn't my first game, well I guess the others weren't that memorable. The bat here is inspired by a somewhat similar build by Lets_Go in a casual public game I played a few days ago on an easier difficulty: http://replays.wesnoth.org/1.10/2014022 ... _(8634).gz

Despite not having arcane or impact as the main damage types, the bat is able to clean up essentially all of the undead on the map, and then provide extra utility vs the gorgons later on. The bat takes care of AI player 7 at a reasonably fast pace, even though one might expect something like a paladin to be better at this. Adding faerie fire as an auxiliary weapon in favor of ice wave, as well as some other changes, helps to speed things up here.

The bat complements the wose nicely, as the wose becomes a ridiculous faux-berzerker with the magic+rage+slow crush attack and second strike, and since the bat is effective even without taking *any* armor powerup items, the wose happily gorges on all of them, reaching 50% blade resist, and 75% all others, by the end of the game. The wose is strong enough to zerk any enemy in the game with second strike and a red potion, even by turn 90 or so, and can kill a fire titan with a single attack by the time he reaches them.

I feel that I improved on the bat build somewhat but of course YMMV. Bottom line, bat is a good unit!

1. Rogue Mage Blood Bat
Intelligent, Neutral (-> Chaotic with the cursed ring)

Weapons: Fangs
Torch
Sword (+ rage slow)
Fireball (+ precision slow blessed (but NOT focus!))
Faerie Fire
Crossbow

2. Rogue Warrior Wose
Cave Explorer, Neutral

Weapons: Crush (+ magical rage slow)
Fireblade
Iceblade
Energy Wave
Net

~iceiceice~
Attachments
SXRPG_TempleOfBones_replay_expert_wose_bat.gz
sxrpg 4.7.2r expert ToB replay, wose + bat
(534.7 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mabuse

Re: SXRPG Replays

Post by Mabuse »

iceiceice wrote:Salutations,

Please find attached a nice, expert level replay on ToB with two units. Low level start units, no deaths. Quite sloppy in certain places but a good show nonetheless. 119 turns to the grand finale. I'm told the replay on the replay server somehow became out of sync. I watched the replay which I recorded and it seems good, that's the one posted below.

The bat complements the wose nicely, as the wose becomes a ridiculous faux-berzerker with the magic+rage+slow crush attack and second strike, and since the bat is effective even without taking *any* armor powerup items, the wose happily gorges on all of them, reaching 50% blade resist, and 75% all others, by the end of the game. The wose is strong enough to zerk any enemy in the game with second strike and a red potion, even by turn 90 or so, and can kill a fire titan with a single attack by the time he reaches them.

1. Rogue Mage Blood Bat
Intelligent, Neutral (-> Chaotic with the cursed ring)

Weapons: Fangs
Torch
Sword (+ rage slow)
Fireball (+ precision slow blessed (but NOT focus!))
Faerie Fire
Crossbow

2. Rogue Warrior Wose
Cave Explorer, Neutral

Weapons: Crush (+ magical rage slow)
Fireblade
Iceblade
Energy Wave
Net

~iceiceice~
thx for the replay. i guess it shows that rogues are useful units.
im curious to watch it, since i never felt that rogues are a good choice :)

@warfall:
also thanks for your replay.
to sum up, the various tweaks you have applied regarding the initial amount of money for various number of units, look as a success. It seems to me that currently you can choose to run either 2, 3, 4 or 5 units and expect a similar level of difficulties. A new quality of the already excellent SXRPG.
ok :D . now i have to look which settings are currently active in the version which is on the server ... ;)

.. since i nerfed the low-player starts in the upcomiing version somewhat. from my few short tests i had the feeling that i should change back to the "old" settings that are currently active. so i guess your post enourages me to put the "old" settings back. :)
The best bet is your own, good Taste.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warfall

Re:

Post by Warfall »

-
Last edited by Warfall on July 6th, 2015, 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.